Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

I send it.

Attachments

• Hehe BC-8950.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 6
It would be nice to have the old building popup back anyway. Admin Tab doesn't add anything useful. But it forcedly opens anytime a build queue is empty. A lot of waiting at the beginning of each turn.

I'm getting this more and more - it doesn't happen every turn, every now and then. I started a new game and it's happening again.

Holy horsehocky, you weren't kidding about admin tab being slow now, though end turn took me only 16 seconds.

Edit: Haha civfanatics autotranslated "sh*t" to "horsehocky", I didn't write the latter in the above sentence.
This is not true.

@Hehe64 upload user settings
Its in Caveman2Cosmos folder, and you have to zip it.

So either its something in BUG options, or something esoteric like final release DLL being compiled wrong.

@Hehe64 upload user settings
Its in Caveman2Cosmos folder, and you have to zip it.

So either its something in BUG options, or something esoteric like final release DLL being compiled wrong.
Here it is.

Attachments

• UserSettings.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
I send it (save attached).
New SVN is on the way which in the Hehe64 shaved off 30 seconds from the time it took to open admin tab, now it only takes 0.1 second to open it rather than 30.1 seconds, it also reduced the first end turn on the save from 27 seconds to 11 seconds.
The 16 seconds.
Well, it was 16 seconds on one try and 27 on another try I did, don't know why it varied so much, only tested twice.
After the change I just did, which is on its way to SVN as we speak, I tried ending turn again and this time it took 11 seconds.

Upload save and user settings

There you go - sorry, should have uploaded them in the first place.

I really hope new SVN reduces the turn time significantly.
I don't know what benefits are supposed to have happened, but turn time is my major focus most of the time.
I don't get CTDs, because I usually drop any game once it reaches dozens of turn time seconds, which happens eons prior to any CTD.

Played some turns, don't get any errors, what you can do to give us better error logging reports is to go int your CivilizationIV.ini (...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword) file and make sure these values are set like so:
hidepythonexceptions = 0
loggingenabled = 1

Are you playing on Windows 7? It doesn't work on it, unless you enable Windows Vista compatibility mode for it.

Huge thanks. Turn time is down to more or less the norm, at least on a small map. It was becoming technically unplayable (because too annoying) otherwise, to be honest.

New SVN is on the way which in the Hehe64 shaved off 30 seconds from the time it took to open admin tab, now it only takes 0.1 second to open it rather than 30.1 seconds, it also reduced the first end turn on the save from 27 seconds to 11 seconds.

Well, it was 16 seconds on one try and 27 on another try I did, don't know why it varied so much, only tested twice.
After the change I just did, which is on its way to SVN as we speak, I tried ending turn again and this time it took 11 seconds.
My game on the 210th turn was taking anywhere from 1 min 40 secs to 2 min 40 secs. Much variance! BUT! Now it takes 20 secs!!!

THANK YOU @Toffer90 :clap::thumbsup::goodjob:

Top Bottom