Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

Spies can't take actions against barbs. Not entirely sure why this is tbh... probably there's some missions that won't work well against them. Made a note of it to look into later on github, but working as intended for now.
As noted in discord, the main thing is the cost of espionage against a player that you can't put espionage points into.

can we do something about the OVERage of workboats, geez, small lake. . . . .
This would require fixing the main problem in the mod we're struggling to fix - keeping a count of how many units are already in queue to address a noted issue, in the game and on the way to addressing a noted issue, possibly stuck and unable to get from where they are to that noted issue, and so on. This is the primary bugbear causing the majority of unit overbuilds - the AI not understanding it's already reacting somewhere to a need.

Howdy, I'm getting a CTD after using planes to reveal a chunk of map, is this a common thing after a map reveal? I'm playing on a giant earth map with lots of time spent in worldbuilder, so I wonder if I just overloaded it. I've attached the save if anyone wouldnt mind taking a look. Thanks!

Attachments

• America 1523.CivBeyondSwordSave
    17.9 MB · Views: 9
I Have problem in BUG options
If enable graphics paging is clicked off, units disappear after moving and will not reveal goody huts etc. terrain features unless i press ctrl shift t recalc.

My SVN Version. it´s 10545. i think, just upgrade now Feb 10.2023
Yeah, C2C doesn't support playing without graphical paging since BillW reworked graphical paging code.

Hello!

Could someone please see if this WBSAVE file loads, please? It worked on other versions, but 11545 is telling me it can't read it. Never had this problem before.

In fact, it appears none of the WBSAVE files I have edited over the years are working. I haven't done anything different to the game.

Thanks!

Chris

Attachments

• Pit56_6_CIV_A.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
Howdy, I'm getting a CTD after using planes to reveal a chunk of map, is this a common thing after a map reveal? I'm playing on a giant earth map with lots of time spent in worldbuilder, so I wonder if I just overloaded it. I've attached the save if anyone wouldnt mind taking a look. Thanks!
I tried it again from an earlier auto save, and it CTD when I made a map trade, so it's definitely something about the reveal.

I'm playing on a giant earth map with lots of time spent in worldbuilder,

You sure this is a CTD? And Not a MAF crash (Memory Allocation failure). Sounds like you have overloaded the games executable. 17.9mb save is huge for a savegame.

You sure this is a CTD? And Not a MAF crash (Memory Allocation failure). Sounds like you have overloaded the games executable. 17.9mb save is huge for a savegame.
There isn't a pop up, just a straight CTD, but yeah, I figured it was just way too big

Hello!

Could someone please see if this WBSAVE file loads, please? It worked on other versions, but 11545 is telling me it can't read it. Never had this problem before.

In fact, it appears none of the WBSAVE files I have edited over the years are working. I haven't done anything different to the game.

Thanks!

Chris
You need to change Version=C2C_1 to Version=C2C_2 in your scenarios manually.

There isn't a pop up, just a straight CTD, but yeah, I figured it was just way too big
I loaded your save. As I was scrolling back to middle America I hit a place that I could not scroll any further east. As I attempted to use the mini map to go to eastern seasboard the map began to vibrate back and forth over the same mid america spot. I could not do anything after that. I did manange to get out of the game. For this Map what shape did you give it? I think there are 3 types of shape if I remember it right.

By the way I have an 8Gb video card in this computer, an i7 6700 cpu with 32Gb of DDR4 ram. It was sluggish to react at start.

@Toffer90 @Blazenclaw
My Github Desk top is now giving me an error saying that the Update Failed. Something wrong with the .dll. This started yesterday after I updated.

Also Github desktop also had a msg popup after it updated that said cxgin was corrupted? I did not write down the exact msg so the cxgin may have been xcgin or something like that.

I cannot update the FinalRelease and I need to find the instructions on how to use Git to make a usable working version again. Any help would be appreciated.

No SVN update and now a non updating Git version. UGH!

@Toffer90 @Blazenclaw
My Github Desk top is now giving me an error saying that the Update Failed. Something wrong with the .dll. This started yesterday after I updated.

Also Github desktop also had a msg popup after it updated that said cxgin was corrupted? I did not write down the exact msg so the cxgin may have been xcgin or something like that.

I cannot update the FinalRelease and I need to find the instructions on how to use Git to make a usable working version again. Any help would be appreciated.

No SVN update and now a non updating Git version. UGH!
What happens when you run this file manually?
"...\Caveman2Cosmos\Tools\MakeDLLRelease.bat"

If you're on windows 10, then you can screenshot a given part of your screen by hitting WIN+SHIFT+S, or you can just copy the text from the dos terminal window.

What happens when you run this file manually?
"...\Caveman2Cosmos\Tools\MakeDLLRelease.bat"

If you're on windows 10, then you can screenshot a given part of your screen by hitting WIN+SHIFT+S, or you can just copy the text from the dos terminal window.
It stars to compile like final release does and then quickly runs thru some lines of whatever and then disappears.... Way too fast for me to get a screenshot of.

May be easiest for you to do a fresh install, perhaps. Check the setup guide if there's any steps you were missing first, though.

I'll keep updating, when you guys change things, to see how it goes. GitHub itself had an Update for gitDesktop a few days ago. Maybe they changed something? If you all can compile with these GitDesktop updates(not C2C updates) then that could be why my normal 20 minute compiling session thru the FinalRelease is failing. And a neew attempt at a C2C update is now not working either. Or was not yesterday.

So fix or add something and I will update thru Gitdesktop. Then I will try running FinalRelease again. If it compiles and does not give a Failed Report then all is good. If it still fails then I guess I have no choice but to reinstall GitDesktop.

EDIT: Has the SVN been updated yet. A lot has been added since SVN 11545came out back on Feb 1st.

Screen captures of Git errors. Before I tried to clone.

I erased contents of Caveman2Cosmos to reclone (says need empty folder). I think I'm totally hosed now.

I've wasted a whole morning and am tired of this.

EDIT: Please Update the SVN. It will be what I will use. So when I have a bug report it Will be from the SVN version NOT Git.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    59.5 KB · Views: 9
I am increasingly tempted to just release the new svn ver. New job starts tomorrow but gf also leaves on 15th for a trip, so will have evenings then in case I need to spotfix or revert (shouldn't be as hard as last time...)

Unfortunately your issue seems to stem from something with gitDesktop, which I don't think any of us use. You could try following the guide for gitKraken I linked?

You could try following the guide for gitKraken I linked?
Maybe tomorrow or in the near future. But not today.

Because I can't update then all the test games I'm running are behind the curve.

Plus remapping out, by handwritten notes, all the Civics to make the necessary changes since Culture has changed, is very time consuming. Then take the Changes and put them in the xml files and then commit them to the SVN is another couple of days of intense meticulous time consumption effort. I turn 71 in a week. I'm finding my patience with such things is really put to the test. :p ugh!

Top Bottom