Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

Minor issue using the latest SVN (11560).
I have a city which has NOT built an Enclosure - Bird. I recently captured a platypus and this animal has the ability to build the bird enclosure!
I know the Platypus is a unique animal but I do not think it is a bird :lol:

1693141109059.png

Minor issue using the latest SVN (11560).
I have a city which has NOT built an Enclosure - Bird. I recently captured a platypus and this animal has the ability to build the bird enclosure!
I know the Platypus is a unique animal but I do not think it is a bird :lol:

View attachment 670864
True enough... but it is duck-billed and web-footed. I think that was the original motivation for this - it's been in the game just about as long as the platipi have.

minor graphics bug latest SVN:

Salt Gaherer thumbnail size.jpg The Salt Gatherer thumbnail graphic in Improvements is too small

master chaser.jpg same with Master Chaser in Units Enabled

Last edited:
Graphical glitches involving AI unit flags:

The Green Man Units.jpg
All Animals are The Green Man units and they all show my flag on the map, and in WB. Sometimes there is no flag, sometimes in WB when scrolling sideways the map background changes to white and back again.
Neanderthal Brute.jpg
This is a Neanderthal unit (Brute) showing my flag. Barbarian flags and other AI player flags display correctly, so far.

Graphical glitches involving AI unit flags:

View attachment 671190 All Animals are The Green Man units and they all show my flag on the map, and in WB. Sometimes there is no flag, sometimes in WB when scrolling sideways the map background changes to white and back again.
View attachment 671192 This is a Neanderthal unit (Brute) showing my flag. Barbarian flags and other AI player flags display correctly, so far.
You can't have following settings:
Low Render Quality

You can't select Low Resolution Textures, Effects Disabled and Animations Frozen - it will cause graphical bugs.

You can't have following settings:
Low Render Quality

You can't select Low Resolution Textures, Effects Disabled and Animations Frozen - it will cause graphical bugs.
Thank you. Low Resolution Textures was the culprit

Now here is another thing:
Glitch bug stuff.jpg TheGatherer in the wheat field can not build a Seed Camp, even though it is within cultural borders since at least 2 turns, and landscape requirements are also met.

Here is the save:

Attachments

• 66857 BC-188795.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Thank you. Low Resolution Textures was the culprit

Now here is another thing:
View attachment 671198 TheGatherer in the wheat field can not build a Seed Camp, even though it is within cultural borders since at least 2 turns, and landscape requirements are also met.

Here is the save:
Then why isn't the culture influence present on other plots right next to the city?
It really looks that the city ISN'T controlling that plot yet, it's just some other-source culture bleed-through.
Sorry, too lazy to check the actual save, but the screenshot itself heavily suggests this.

Then why isn't the culture influence present on other plots right next to the city?
It really looks that the city ISN'T controlling that plot yet, it's just some other-source culture bleed-through.
Sorry, too lazy to check the actual save, but the screenshot itself heavily suggests this.
I deleted all the units to have clearer view:
culture.jpg
It's my only city and culture has grown 4 times, I believe...

I believe I found a clue: it says the tile is owned by me 100+%, yet it does not "lie within the city's influence"...
I guess time will tell

Last edited:
Never mind my previous post version.
Dude, there could've been TWO reasons (I fixed both, so not sure which was the one, or maybe both):
1. It had a FOREST which you HAD to remove, but COULDN'T yet. I've had these blunders myself sometimes. UI is still not 100% user-friendly, sadly. This fix still didn't work.
2. I added a bunch of Culture via World Builder. It worked immediately. But it MAY have been the FOREST issue on top of the CULTURE issue, so I dunno.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Never mind my previous post version.
Dude, there could've been TWO reasons (I fixed both, so not sure which was the one, or maybe both):
1. It had a FOREST which you HAD to remove, but COULDN'T yet. I've had these blunders myself sometimes. UI is still not 100% user-friendly, sadly. This fix still didn't work.
2. I added a bunch of Culture via World Builder. It worked immediately. But it MAY have been the FOREST issue on top of the CULTURE issue, so I dunno.
Why did we take away the ability to put seed gatherers in a forest???

Why did we take away the ability to put seed gatherers in a forest???
MAYBE you didn't. Like I said, I first removed the forest and only then added more culture. It MIGHT have been a wrong order, lol.
But I'm just way too lazy to check it again, loool.

Hello there, I've got a CTD-bug like written on the first page :(

The crash happens if you try to finish your round. In the first seconds you hear the sounds of some fighting stuffs, after that the game crashes without errors or something. I will include my save-file (don't mind the name) and that mini-dump.file.

It would make happy if someone can help me :3

Attachments

• Benny2 n. Chr.-1160.CivBeyondSwordSave
    599.5 KB · Views: 10
  • MiniDump-v43.7450-20230807-232246.mdmp
    82.5 KB · Views: 6
Hello there, I've got a CTD-bug like written on the first page :(

The crash happens if you try to finish your round. In the first seconds you hear the sounds of some fighting stuffs, after that the game crashes without errors or something. I will include my save-file (don't mind the name) and that mini-dump.file.

It would make happy if someone can help me :3
I can't load your save I get this when I try:
Spoiler Screenshot :

1694201803244.png

This save is a vanilla Civ4 save, it is not from C2C. I can load it without mods and reproduce the CTD, but I won't debug a vanilla CTD.

Uuups I send you the wrong save file. Unfortunately, I have overwritten that CTD-file in the meantime... I had the CTD also twice in the meantime, so I guess I have just to wait (My work-around was to load the last auto-save), Sorry!

After new start of the executable, load save: the difficulty display while mousing over the flag changes to noble (despite what it was before). Happiness and Health boni are consistent with the original difficulty, so I assume this is a minor bug with the tooltip.

Difficulty of attached save is Immortal.

Attachments

• Sina BC-76843.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
After new start of the executable, load save: the difficulty display while mousing over the flag changes to noble (despite what it was before). Happiness and Health boni are consistent with the original difficulty, so I assume this is a minor bug with the tooltip.

Difficulty of attached save is Immortal.
Thanks for discovering this bug, it is now fixed on my side and will be included in the next SVN revision.

Edit: The next SVN is already out, update to get the fix.

Last edited:
got this error message in late late game,

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 472, in handleInput

File "CvMainInterface", line 5474, in handleInput

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

Last edited:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 511, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1400, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5116, in updatePlotHelp

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterfac

Fertility Dance can be build using a Story Teller without having a Childbirth Hut unlike what the text of the Childbirth Hut says ("Enables Fertility Dance")
v44.Beta.7822

Last edited:
Top Bottom