SKNES III: Bullets with Butterfly Wings

To: Whomever it may concern
CC: Hessia, Wurzburg, Wurttemberg, Saxony-Bavaria

In the infinite and ever lasting wisdom of the German people, the Duchy of Hessia, the Duchy of Wurzburg, the Duchy of Wurttemberg, the Kingdoms of Saxony-Bavaira and the Kingdom of Prussia, have agreed to the following treaty, in hopes of bettering all Germans living within the borders of the aforementioned nations.

The German Customs Union

The Kingdom of Prussia, The Kingdoms of Saxony-Bavaria, The Duchies of Hessia, Wurzburg and Wurttemberg, hereby agree to the following clauses -

• The signatories of this treaty shall work towards lowering mutual tariffs, eventually resulting in complete free-trade.
  • The signatories shall work towards implementing a common currency.
  • The signatories shall agree to a defensive pact, and any aggression displayed against one member shall be constituted as an attack against all.
  • The signatories agree to work towards the most prosperous outcome for all German peoples.
  • The signatories agree to the work towards open borders between signatories.

Signed, Fredrick Augustus II, King of Saxony and Bavaria

To: Prussia

We have signed the Customs Union as it stands. However, we propose the following term be added between term one and two:

• The signatories of this treaty will work to establish regulated tariffs and trade policies with outside nations.

This measure is essential to make sure that goods are charged the same tariff to enter the nations in a customs union, regardless of where they enter.

To: Austria-Hungary

Your behavior is appalling. What terms do you believe entitle you into the German Customs Union? It is the opinion of Saxony-Bavaria that you are not even a German state. Austria has mingled with other nations for too long and can no longer be considered purely German.

To: German Duchies

We call on you to renounce your alliances with Austria-Hungary for the sake of peace. They will only drag you into oblivion.

OOC: It's worth noting that I am the only German state whose leader actually is a nationalist. Playing IC has an entirely different meaning for me than NWAG or Zelet.

To: Saxony-Bavaria, Prussia, Members of the German Customs Union
CC: All Other German States

Her Supreme Majesty's foreign office wishes to congratulate the governments of Saxony-Bavaria, Prussia and their colleagues in the German Customs Union on beginning the process of throwing off the chains of Hapsburg tyranny. Only by distancing yourselves from the mounting insanity and dementia of the Hapsburg emperor can you achieve your own success and greatness as nations. While Her Supreme Majesty bears no ill will to the Hapsburg monarch, who we offer nothing but pity and condolences for his recent distemper, we must caution all German states (and all European states in general) to limit their dealings with the Austro-Hungarian government for their own safety and the safety of their subjects. We must move forward into a newer, better Europe, which will leave the barbarism of Austrian aggression and adventurism in the distant, inscrutable past.

Hey,

To: Russia, Greece & Serbia

We agree to the multinational railway and will agree the line can be connected through the United kingdom of Danube.

To: Greece

We are delighted to hear that you are willing to sign a defensive military agreement. We await a conformation from the Greek Ambassador.

To: Serbia

We would ask that Serbia rethink its stance and join our Balkans defensive military agreement. Such a agreement would help keep the wolves that may come to feed on our newborn countries.

To: Russia

We agree to the terms of the Trade and Investment Pact even if Greece & Serbia decline.

The first group of Danube recruits will be reporting to St. Petersburg for officer training by the end of the month.

BwBW01

To: All Invited Parties

Though we remain committed to the cause of peace in East Asia, the dismal response to our proposal for a diplomatic dinner in Hue has caused our Emperor to cancel the planned event. We send our sincerest apologies to the one nation, the Republic of Spain, that did agree to attend, but we feel little would be accomplished by only two nations meeting at such a formal event. If, later, a different Asian or European nation decides to call a similar conference, Vietnam will be honored to attend, but as things stand we see no point in our holding a dinner at this time or at any time in the near future.

To: Empire of Vietnam

We would like to open up trading routes from our colony of Aceh to mainland Vietnam. We feel as if trade could benefit for both nations and we are determined to create trading partners in the Far East.

To: Ethiopian Empire

As our vessels sailing to and from our East African colonies are being compromised by pirates, we would like to request naval aid in patrolling those waters. For you, we would be willing to help your navy in joint-training exercises. We await to your agreement on this mutually benefitting proposal.

Signed, Fredrick Augustus II, King of Saxony and Bavaria

To: Prussia

We have signed the Customs Union as it stands. However, we propose the following term be added between term one and two:

• The signatories of this treaty will work to establish regulated tariffs and trade policies with outside nations.

This measure is essential to make sure that goods are charged the same tariff to enter the nations in a customs union, regardless of where they enter.

To: The Kingdoms of Saxony-Bavaria

This addition is perfectly acceptable to us, if it is acceptable to the other member states it can be added into the treaty swiftly.

To: Austria-Hungary

Due to your increasing aggression, insults, and threats against the Kingdom of Prussia and the Prussian people as a whole we hereby annul and void the alliance we had with your nation. It is regrettable it had to come to this, but remember it was all your working, you left us, we did not leave you.

You can consider everything NWAG has done to be invalid as I am soon to replace him as Austria.

You are all awful people. We might as well start the NES over at this point.

Alright, Luckymoose is now Austria-Hungary, as per previous arrangements. All diplomacy conducted by the previous player is null and void unless Luckymoose decides otherwise.

Also, could whatever mod that reads this thread clean up the various filler posts and OOC crap over the past 3ish pages? Thanks in advance,

Alright, Luckymoose is now Austria-Hungary, as per previous arrangements. All diplomacy conducted by the previous player is null and void unless Luckymoose decides otherwise.

Also, could whatever mod that reads this thread clean up the various filler posts and OOC crap over the past 3ish pages? Thanks in advance,

Alright, you can consider my reneging of the alliance void as well.

Don't feed the troll, folks.

From Rafael Whatshisname, Foreign Minister of the American Republic
To the New Granada Ambassador

We believe it would be prudent, if, like god-fearing Christian nations, we came together to establish binational commission aimed at resolving the border disputes and other tensions between us.

But I asked nicely!

On an unrelated note

To: Anne, Queen of France

I see with some distaste that Aragon-Sicily and France have decreed from on high that I am a "French concern". I trust this does not preclude me from speaking and dealing with whomever I like.

Pointing out GrandKhan has no answer to my argument.

Pointing out that at no point did you actually ever respond to anything I said and just threw a bunch of examples into the air.

If you must know, while I'm not really knowledgeable about German or Italian unification, Polish rebellion against the Russians was borne out of a Polish aristocracy used to more or less running the show on their own resenting the rule of an absolutist Tsar imposing his authority on them. Note how many liberal trappings the Polish rebellions up until the 1860s had, and their emphasis on overthrowing the aristocratic tsar. Clear policy divergence - the desires between Polish policymakers and aristocrats for liberal government vs. the Tsar's imposition of aristocracy. Note how organised Polish resistance against Russia sort of disappeared after the end of serfdom in the 1860s - the Polish aristocrats lost their biggest selling point to the Polish peasantry against the Russians. Organised Polish resistance against Russia didn't start up again till the growth of worker mass-movements in the 1890s to early 1900s.

Don't think I'm going to stop at this. I'm going to get revenge on you people.

Okay, look. I haven't been on these forums for that long but I just wanted to say that first off, these NES' aren't all about winning. Some people (me for example) just want to have a fun time roleplaying and rolling with the punches.

Secondly, (perhaps most importantly) if you're angry at how some people have treated you, why don't you talk to a moderator or perhaps to them privately? Why would you intentionally try to completely derail this NES that SouthernKing (who at least from what I've seen hasn't been mean to you) has put a lot of effort into.

Seriously look I mean I read the comments, some of them were a bit harsh in my opinion (although some may not see it that way) and I think this all could've been resolved much simpler. But seriously you are just ruining this NES for so many other people who have done nothing to you and in that respect I don't know how you haven't been banned from these forums before. I respected that you came into this game with your own goals and ideas about what to do, but after this entire saga I feel like I've lost any respect for you.

Okay, look. I haven't been on these forums for that long but I just wanted to say that first off, these NES' aren't all about winning. Some people (me for example) just want to have a fun time roleplaying and rolling with the punches.

Secondly, (perhaps most importantly) if you're angry at how some people have treated you, why don't you talk to a moderator or perhaps to them privately? Why would you intentionally try to completely derail this NES that SouthernKing (who at least from what I've seen hasn't been mean to you) has put a lot of effort into.

Seriously look I mean I read the comments, some of them were a bit harsh in my opinion (although some may not see it that way) and I think this all could've been resolved much simpler. But seriously you are just ruining this NES for so many other people who have done nothing to you and in that respect I don't know how you haven't been banned from these forums before. I respected that you came into this game with your own goals and ideas about what to do, but after this entire saga I feel like I've lost any respect for you.

Well put :agree:

Spoiler :
PS: I offered a defensive pact to Delhi

To: Ethiopian Empire

As our vessels sailing to and from our East African colonies are being compromised by pirates, we would like to request naval aid in patrolling those waters. For you, we would be willing to help your navy in joint-training exercises. We await to your agreement on this mutually benefitting proposal.

To: Kingdom of Mysore

We would certainly welcome this opportunity to clean up the Indian Ocean of pirates.

OOC: How is the situation regarding pirates in the Indian Ocean (more specifically the Arabian Sea)?

RIP Birdjaguar: died of overwork February 2014.

:rotfl:

OOC: How is the situation regarding pirates in the Indian Ocean (more specifically the Arabian Sea)?

OOC: I don't know, but I believe SK mentioned something about it in the 1st few posts. Let me check

Top Bottom