Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

The eye looks funny to me.

Yeah, I kinda see that now that you mention it. I think it's just a weird shadow/lighting effect.

Yeah, probably. Can't actually see the other one, so that makes sense.

I think I don't like the HUD/font style so far... Not the structure and functioning itself, gotta try that first before judging, but this simplistic "Mac" influenced style looks out of place. Where is that fantasy, artful etc. feel? Like Oblivions for example with oldish pretty letters etc. It still can be streamlined and "accessible", have all the new cosmetic features like skill constellations and bird view map and still have a proper fantasy look.

Oblivion had a terrible UI. It is quite a bit different in Skyrim but I think it will be just fine (with the inevitable mod to tweak it a wee bit).

Agreed on both counts. The ability to mod the game is probably the best aspect since it gives users the ability to correct "flawed aspects" or return feature cut to "streamlining." That is the main reason I am optimistic about Skyrim, yes I know we should be hoping that the game designers get it right, but realistically they cannot please everyone.

Skyrim being extremely modable would be wonderful

I recall an interview that had a developer commenting on that. IIRC, the game will definitely be mod friendly and come with a construction set (as usual).

Considering Morrowind and Oblivion being modable is one of those games biggest selling points, why wouldn't Skyrim be modable? They would be alienating the gamers that bought into this series if they did not make the game modable after all.

Oblivion had a terrible UI. It is quite a bit different in Skyrim but I think it will be just fine (with the inevitable mod to tweak it a wee bit).

You did not exactly understand my point...

You did not exactly understand my point...

Yes I did, I just didn't address it in detail. I didn't really like Oblivion's UI, even some of the fantasy elements I thought were poorly done.

The Oblivion UI was definitely a downgrade from Morrowind's.

Ugh *shudders*, I hated the morrowind UI, Oblivions, while terrible, was better.

At least I vastly prefer a grid/icon based inventory than a list of text you have to scroll through.

Good lord, this. The "Misc" tab was especially horrible.

I really hope the barter screen, when interacting with a merchant, is more like Morrowind's. Even the latest Fallouts had a better merchant screen than Oblivion. I like being able to trade items straight up w/out any coin changing hands.

The inventory in Skyrim looks like it doesn't belong in a game, but on a Playstation OS.

Top Bottom