Slaves, Hostages and Prisoners of War

@Hydro would it be possible for you to transform these into buttons for me. Do I have them in the right format? They came out as jpg rather than dds files but I can go back and redo them as dds format if you like. The ones starting No in the name need the crossed circle added to them before they are converted. I could not figure out how to do that.:(

Thanks.

I think I have figured out how to do it myself. :D

Edit @Hydro I could do all but 5. I still can't figure out how to put the circle with line through it on the No... files. Can you convert these to buttons, after you put the red circle on three. Thanks

What is the current % of capture slaves is there? I am in Ren Era and every single kill, i get a slave??

It should not get more than about 60% but it is not done in the code any more it is done via XML on the civics, buildings and unit. I'll add a debug message on what the probability is and test.

I have not put the trace in for the % chance of capture. It is next on my list to do.

In the mean time I remembered that frenchman had some cool graphics which we could use. Unfortunately they were lost in the great hack of "whenever". Fortunately he had an image of the buttons in the thread so I was able to capture them from there and size them for buttons. See below, End Slavery and Start Slavery respectively.

@Hydro sorry to be a pest but could you turn these into buttons? they are in the attached file in jpg format.

I was actually searching for better icons for the captive units.

Attachments

• new noslavery.jpg
    new noslavery.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 214
  • New Slavery.jpg
    New Slavery.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 199
I noticed in pedia that we have slavery promotion in c2c

We could use it as free promo for upgraded to units capitives.

Promo has now
-20% :strength:
-5% city attack
-5% city defense
Can be sacrificed in combat for additional strength

Slavery promo requires analyze strings tech now. I don't know why but I think it can be removed.

Promo has now
-5% city attack
-5% city defense

Slavery promo requires analyze strings tech now. I don't know why but I think it can be removed.

Keep knocking on DH's door, sooner or later he will answer:joke::)

Promo has now
-5% city attack
-5% city defense

It used to be the promotion that all slave units that were upgraded to combat units got. The last line is implemented as +20% attack but loose unit after the attack. This means that they are one use units.

It was removed because people were attaching leaders to them then loosing both after a combat. It is probably on analyse strings to move it out of the way because the AI was giving it to units as it did not understand the one shot issue either.

@TB is this right? It is showing up right on the civics so I suppose it is.
Code:
		<CivicInfo>
			<CivicOptionType>CIVICOPTION_MILITARY</CivicOptionType>
			<Type>CIVIC_MERCENARIES</Type>
			<iNationalCaptureResistanceModifier>-20</iNationalCaptureResistanceModifier>
		</CivicInfo>
		<CivicInfo>
			<CivicOptionType>CIVICOPTION_MILITARY</CivicOptionType>
			<Type>CIVIC_BANDITRY</Type>
			<iNationalCaptureProbabilityModifier>10</iNationalCaptureProbabilityModifier>
			<iNationalCaptureResistanceModifier>-10</iNationalCaptureResistanceModifier>
		</CivicInfo>
I am just going through the whole mod doing a wingrep to find all "CaptureProbabilityModifier" to see what modifiers are out there.

edit I think i have found it! I put the modifier on the free building "slavery effect" not the world view building. I assumes that a building would only add once to the equation not once for each instance of the building.

No that was not the cause!

@TB can you look into why the chance for my Buffalo Riders to capture is 100%. Load the save and go to the barbarian city, Zhou, north of my empire. Attack with the stack of riders outside the city.

No that was not the cause!

@TB can you look into why the chance for my Buffalo Riders to capture is 100%. Load the save and go to the barbarian city, Zhou, north of my empire. Attack with the stack of riders outside the city.

Sure. Glad to take a look but it'll have to be tomorrow.

Ok, I'm not sure how you're seeing 100% Capture Probability. Looking deeply into this save, code and game, I'm only seeing a 10% Capture Probability, which I presume is from a Civic since all the units are receiving the same 10%. When I attacked, I didn't capture so its not functionally 100% either. Perhaps you continued to work on things and got the problem hammered out and failed to mention it here again?

Anyhow, no bug found.

My Great Commanders Capture Probability went down from 160% to 10% after I had a SVN update + recalc yesterday. Thx for fixing it.

Top Bottom