[Small Mafia] Praetorians Mafia - In the beginning

Mat93

Emperor
One day, Julius Caesar was sitting around eating grapes and watching a fantastic 'show' in his private chambers. "Ho hum." said Caesar, "I'm getting sick of always eating and having crazy fun with multiple women and various animals, what else could I do to pass the time?" One of his friends and confidants suggested that the old stand-by of destroying a weak neighbouring country could cheer him up. Caesar was intrigued, but had a different idea, "Crushing the weak and weary is fun and all, but I prefer a challenge. Those bear skin wearing, ugly language speaking Gauls are supposed to be tough... It's time they were taught the glories of Rome through the slaughter of their people and the theft their lands. Prepare the troops, there's conquering to be done!" While that may not be exactly what happened, Rome certainly did sweep its grand eyes across the forests of the Gallic countries and decide that the Republic would benefit from enveloping the land under its protective wings. And so began one of the biggest military campaigns in history.

Welcome to a mafia game loosing based on Praetorians, a RTS game based around the expansion of the Roman empire just before 1 AD. Predominately based around the mission 'The Everlasting Frontier', however no knowledge of the game is required at all (for those with knowledge of the game, Titus Labienus will be counted as loyal to Caesar).

Spoiler Rules :
Standard rules mostly:

Adhere to the forum rules.
Day is 48 hours, and Night is 24 hours.
During the Day Phase, you may vote for who you believe to be guilty. During the first day only, a player requires 1/3 of the total votes to be lynched.
Votes must be bolded. Vote tags are not required, as long as its clear who you are voting for.
Support votes are allowed; please use green and/or state its a support vote.
If you wish to change your vote, you must Unvote or strike out.
Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day phase will be killed, and the game will advance to night. Ties will be decided by RNG. This not be indicated in the thread, and there may be abilities that cause the official tally to not be 100% accurate.
During the night phase, the mafia will send me the name of the player the wish to kill, and all night orders should be sent in. Orders can be sent in during the day phase, if you don't expect to be here during the night. You may talk during the night phase. Try not to get too spammy.
If you are dead, you are no longer able to vote, or reveal any of your previous night actions or claim anything you did while alive that isn't present in the thread. You may indicate who you believe is mafia/town/whatever, however. But unless you use their in-thread behavior as a reason, or give no reason, you are not allowed to explain why.
Private communication is allowed. Please send me all QT links, and feel free to CC me in on any PMs you send...but not required, purely for my own curiosity.
Do not quote any message the host (or anyone else) may send you; you must use your own words. This means you can never quote your role PM and copy it here in this thread, or reveal it privately.
No Lynch is allowed, and Abstain is allowed. Inactivity will result in replacement or WOG at my discretion/as replacements are avaliable.
Alignment and role is revealed on death.
No editing posts, save ninja grammatical fixes.
If I can't understand orders or votes, I will ignore them.
This may be updated/edited at any time, as I am not perfect.

And the most important one:

Play to win, but remember to have fun.

Spoiler A lot of random and probably not needed info but that might be needed so will be put here anyway :
There are 3 ‘races’ ingame, the Romans, the Egyptians, and the Barbarians (generally the various gaul tribes). Each has their own advantages and disadvantages, but also have very similar troops. There is 6 ‘basic’ troop types, infantry, spearmen, swordsmen, archers, cavalry, and archer cavalry. In terms of infantry, theres the Auxiliary Infantry of the Romans, the Infantry of the Barbarians, and the Slaves of the Egyptians. It’s a fairly weak troop, and is more of a builder…defences, siege units, and claiming villages. For spearmen, the basic Spearmen of the Romans, Pikemen of the Barbarians, and Guardsmen of the Egyptians. Nothing much to say about them, good against cavalry charges, good for holding a defensive life, weak in most other situations. For swordsmen, theres the Legionaries (they had to be in somewhere) of the Romans, the Warriors of the Barbarians, and Soldiers for the Egyptians. The main component of the army, good fighters, not the outright strongest troops (more later on that), but certainly the one you will normally have most of. Archer wise, Romans have the Auxiliary Archers, Bowmen for the Barbarians, and Archers for the Egyptians. They shoot arrows and are absolutely useless at hand to hand combat…what else is there to say? The cavalry are the Equites of the Romans, Noblemen of the Barbarians, and the Camel Riders for the Egyptians. Brilliant against archers and infantry, can hold their own against swordsmen, but will fall easily to spearmen. As you would expect really (like everything else so far I guess). Archer cavalry follow the same trend, the Romans have the Archer Cavalry, Barbarians have Mounted Bowmen, Egyptians have Camel Archers. Simply archers on a horse (or a camel), same strengths and weaknesses as normal archers, just a lot faster. In addition, all races have access to wolf scouts, hawk scouts, military leaders and healers, both of which take on different names for the different races. Through the campaign you experience many of the ‘historical leaders’, for example Agrado of Talagatta (Hawk scout), Caius Titus (Centurion/Military Leader), Cnaeus Gabinus (Centurion/Military Leader), Dubalix (Cheftain/Military Leader), Divitiacus (Druid/Healer), Titus Labienus (Centurion/Military Leader), Publius Licinius Crassus (Centurion/Military Leader), along with many more later on.

Also every race has 3 unique troops that only they can build, all of which are more powerful than their equivalent ‘normal’ version. For the Romans, they have the Praetorian (hugely powerful, very difficult to kill, probably the best unit in the game), the Gladiators (slightly stronger than legionaries, but rarely fight entirely fair), and the Balearic Slingers (Archers who throw rocks instead of shoots arrows). The barbarians have the Hunters (very good at ambushes, otherwise just a strong archer replacement), the Berserkers (hugely powerful swordsmen type troop, rivals the Praetorians but won’t survive drawn out battles), and a personal favourite of mine, the German Cavalry (Cavalry unit that can go into forests, and did I mention the ability to wipe out 1 regiment for no losses on occasion?). The Egyptians have the Nubian Archers (standard archers except they use poison tipped arrows, which won’t heal naturally at all), Partian Cavalry (archer cavalry that can fire while moving, slightly stronger as well), and the war chariots (very powerful cavalry replacement, packs a huge punch per man…or horse…or whatever).
Finally I mentioned before that every race has its advantages and disadvantages:
The Romans have the strongest troops, best organisation, and just generally all round good. The Barbarians have the strongest troops man for man, however in most cases have regiments half the size of the Romans…balanced regiments, but equal men and troop type and leader competence, Barbarians win every time. The Egyptians have by far the weakest troops, however can recruit them so much quicker…100 vs 100 will lose, but 100 vs 500? Strength in numbers, but weak when you are prepared for them.

I think that is everything you could possibly need to know, and I don’t expect you to need to know any of it really. How it all translates into mafia, I will give no hints, except that abilities/cover roles will make sense (i.e. I won’t make slaves bulletproof).

Signups (18/20):
1. NinjaCow64
2. spaceman98
3. Jarrema
4. Buddhafish
5. topsecret
6. Gone 3 the Celt
7. Takhisis
8. Autolycus
9. SamSniped
10. BSmith1068
11. askthepizzaguy
12. BigTin
13. cardith_lorda
14. choxorn
15. Visorslash
16. kennigit
17. Optical
18. The Black Knigh

Signups shut, reserves still welcome.

Currently Alive:
4. Buddhafish
5. topsecret
7. Takhisis
8. Autolycus
11. askthepizzaguy
13. cardith_lorda
15. Visorslash
16. kennigit
18. The Black Knigh

Latin.

Verbis nostris sunt subnixum neuclear armis.

in. simply in.

I'm in. Delenda est townius.

Thanks to all who have signed up so far, sent out some invites (only to those on the invite list/that have been active in the past 2-3 months in mafia games), hopefully will get enough to start this by friday morning...noon GMT or so, maybe thursday night if I have time.

Count me in.

Invincible.

Top Bottom