SoA

Added Saba. No, Axum would not fit.
The problem with D'mt, that as far as I know they are dominated by the Sabaeans.. or in Civ term IMO, is a "vassal" of them ;)

Sure, but isn't its bad from game play perspective to add , like, four new civilization when the game is almost finished? ;)

It could be a last hurrah before the end of the game. The four horsemen arise before the end of the world! (end of game in this case) Also, they shouldn't spawn if Alexander fails to conquer their respective lands. If he doesn't make it to Bactria, it shouldn't spawn. Same for all the other regions. Also, if this is added, maybe extend the timeframe/slow down the time between turns in order to draw out their existence a bit.

Sure, but isn't its bad from game play perspective to add , like, four new civilization when the game is almost finished? ;)
Well, if the timeframe ends at 180 BC as I suggested, that's more than 140 years of Hellenistic Middle East, and since it's at the end of the game, it'll be one turn per year with long turn times. Compare that to SoI, where civs like the Safavids and Mughals appear less than 100 turns before the end of the game. The Hellenistic Empires would be similar to the Gunpowder Empires (Ottomans, Mamluks, Safavids, Mughals) in SoI: large civs that supplant the smaller civs which previously inhabited the map.

And if the Macedonians are a semi-scripted AI civ like Portugal, we could easily make sure they are successful enough to conquer everything for its successors to logically appear.

Well, as far as I know from a quick research, right when Alexander died,

- Macedonian Empire stretch from Egypt, Bactria, Persia and Levant
- Armenian Empire at Caucasus (Orontid Dynasty, iirc) is declining
- Nanda Empire at India rules all part of SoI's India.

If the game ends at 180 BC, for example, there should be Mauryan in the India..
EDIT: Somehow, now Maurya declined at 180 BC.. unlike what I've remembered before -___-

However, if the mechanics allow a very interesting Diadochi War, well, it should be added then

EDIT: Added the Hellenistic Age

So , it would be like Legends of Ancient Arabia but upgraded? Epic!

Can anybody please identify and post the tile coordinates for Thebes, Memphis, Uruk, Ur, Harappa, Anshan, Susa, Akkad, Babylon, Meroe, Pushkalavati, Tushpa, Purushapura, and Mohenjo-Daro on the SoI map?

Please do not identify the Mesopotamian cities by measuring it's distance to the Kuwait, because there was ancient coastline there that's difference from now. Thanks :)

meroe already in map
i think need know which cities from SoI you want see in SoA, and used their coordinates like checkpoints
p.s. data source of coordinates - en.wiki.org, google or other?

Assyria UHV should be:
- Conquer the historical Assyrian empire
Spoiler :

-Have 2/3 vassals
-Be the first to research Propaganda and Heavy Cavalry(?)

meroe already in map

Yap.. but I can't seem to find it in Const.py , maybe I'll check Barbs.py then.

i think need know which cities from SoI you want see in SoA, and used their coordinates like checkpoints
p.s. data source of coordinates - en.wiki.org, google or other?

Cities that will be used from SoI is cities that present in that game, either in form of independents or often built by a civilization, already existed between 3000 BC to around before 1 AD. Examples like: Jerusalem, Antioch, Yathrib (Medina), Indraprashta (Delhi), Thebes (al-Uqsur, Fatimid), Alexandria (al-Iskandarriya), Aleppo, Tyre, etc.

The rest of the cities that will (and should) be present in the game does not exist anymore in SoI's timeframe, like Ubar, Palmyra, Harappa, Mohenjo-Daro, etc.

My nighttime calculation:sleep:
data source of coordinates - en.wiki.org, 1 title ~[0,38°-0.43]°*~[0,525]°,
coordinate system: Delhi [97]:[32], Stambul [7]:[7]
Spoiler :
Thebes ~[12 or 13]:[47];
Memphis~[11]:[40];
Uruk ~[35]:[32];
Ur ~[36]:[33];
Harappa ~[91]:[30];
Anshan ~[51 or 52]:[36];
Susa ~[43]:[31];
Akkad - no data;
Babylon -[36 or 37]:[29];
Meroe -ruins in Africa;
Purushapura = Peshwaar, Pushkalavati 1SW Peshwaar;
Tushpa -[35 or 36]:[14 or 15];
Mohenjo-Daro -[83]:[43]

Nice. Thanks. I'm converting that to Excel file I'll upload soon :)

EDIT: Did you aware that y-axis coordinate is counted from bottom (near Makuria = 0) to top (near Constantinople = 69)? Because the Babylon is more suited 36E29S from the north-westernmost point rather than 36E and 29 tiles from bottom..

EDIT2: One more thing, in SoI coordinates start from 0 at the north-westernmost point, not 1 :)

I liked [7.7] Constantinople:lol:
I think the need to consult on the geographical features, my calc approximate, SoI map beautiful, but with inaccuracies: Constantinople28°57'E and Aleksandria 29°55", but in the same column, Mekkah - coast city,
but еhe city is located 70 km (43 mi) inland from Jeddah in a narrow valley at a height of 277 m (909 ft) above sea level.
and I have not seen in worldbuilder y-axis coordinate(

Well, the map have to be adjusted for game play reasons :)
Mekkah in SoI is already a bad city spot imo if it does not contain any holy cities or wonder at all.

What do you all thinks on Akkadian?
Should they be a full civilization, Portugal-styled civ or just a title with bonus, for whoever unite all Semitic tribe?

I would suggest to locate city sites by looking at geographical features like rivers, instead of placing them according to coordinates. Projection can screw with that a lot, especially because the SoI map is distorted in parts.

I tried to rework the Thrace and added the Thracian civilization there. In my plan, Thracian will be a respawn of the Phrygia because
- They both originate from Thrace and their location is not too distance
- Phrygia (1200 BC) should already be dead by the Circassian invasion (700 BC) event by the time Thracian should spawn (450 BC)
- Thracian are too short since Alexander soon came and subjugated them, so making them a proper civ is exaggerating
However, unfortunately, I can't put Seuthopolis in the map so I make Uscudama (modern: Edirne), their largest city as the capital.

I haven't balanced the map yet since I'm not good at putting resources so I'll left that based on you all...

Spoiler :
Comments? :)

Based on this map:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom