[Soapbox] Being "naturally" gay

The trick isn't to give sex (whatever that means!) but to give pleasure. And enjoy giving it.

Which is easy for me to say, I know. In fact, I'm not sure it's helpful. Even to me.

I'm just fine @ giving sex & pleasure, likely I've given more of both than the entire fiftychatroom combined. That said, women aren't always down to get like men are, its a fine art to convince them to let their guard down & open up. The chase is somewhat fun but if you have to chase too hard its almost never worth it. All the best ones have been down for me almost as quickly as I've been down for them. Better to preach to those open to conversion (or perhaps I should say convergence).

Anyway, this thread isn't supposed to be about hetero stuff so I guess we should get back on topic.

I'm just fine @ giving sex & pleasure, likely I've given more of both than the entire fiftychatroom combined.

It's creamy, that's for sher!

Bestiality in nature? Animals are quite notorious for it, I'll give you that.

Are you saying that animals are notorious for attempting to have sex with humans?

@ OP

Is attraction genetic?

It is a choice because one can always choose to go against their desires. If one cannot overule their desire, then it could never be a choice.

However the choice is a mental one, has nothing to do with genes, nor society, unless society also takes the choice away.

Judging by the lascivious behaviour that a lot of dogs have shown towards people's legs, it's quite possible they're attempting to have sex with humans.

I don't blame them though. If you stroke me enough you'll probably turn me on a bit as well.

(As if I'd let you!! Dur! What ever are you like?)

And there ARE those reports of dolphins trying to have their way with people.

Here's a simple Swedish cartoon which puts an effective end to all arguments based on naturalness:

Translation:

1st frame:
"Homosexuality / gender roles / whatever is right/wrong, because this is how it is in nature"
"Yes, obviously"

2nd frame:
MEANWHILE, IN NATURE
"Mmmm, poo! Damn, that's tasty."

Something to do with humans don't eat their own poop therefore eating poop must be unnatural.

I'm just fine @ giving sex & pleasure, likely I've given more of both than the entire fiftychatroom combined.

I'll take some of whatever it is you're giving.

There is a new study on genetics of homosexuality and masturbation by Barry & Bonnie Hewlett:

http://anthro.vancouver.wsu.edu/media/PDF/sex_paper_final_10-2010.pdf

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...bation-and-homosexuality-do-not-exist/265849/

They found out that homosexuality does not occur in hunter-gatherer populations, such as the Aka and the Ngandu.

Among the Aka and the Ngandu (both from Central Africa) not only homosexuality does not exist, but also masturbation:

Another reason we conducted a study of sexual behavior was that several years ago we asked Aka men about homosexuality and masturbation and were surprised that they were not aware of these practices, did not have terms for them and how difficult it was to explain both sexual practices. They laughed as we tried to explain and describe the sexual activities. We thought that maybe they were shy or embarrassed individuals, but this would have been uncharacteristic of the Aka we had known so long.

All Aka and Ngandu indicated that homosexuality (gay or lesbian) was unknown or rare. The Aka, in particular, had a difficult time understanding the concept and mechanics of same sex relationships. No word existed and it was necessary to repeatedly describe the sexual act.

Their conclusion was that homosexuality and masturbation might be evolutionary responses to overpopulation.

While another paper by Nigel Barber reads:

http://jcc.sagepub.com/content/29/3/387.short

Predictions were tested using the Human Relations Area Files database that (a) homo-sexuality would be rarer in hunter-gatherer societies and (b) psychosocial stressors of women would predict its increased frequency. Homosexual frequency decreased as a function of amount of gathering practiced and increased with size of the local community, supporting the first prediction. Lack of control by women in sexual matters predicted increased homosexuality, supporting the second prediction. These data constitute the first quantitative cross-cultural evidence for (a) environmental mediation of homosexuality and (b) Domer’s theory that maternal stress causes homosexuality. The data suggest that homosexuality would have been rarer in our hunter-gatherer ancestors.

And this one by Rebecca Kyle reports the following:

http://chrestomathy.cofc.edu/documents/vol8/kyle.pdf

These results strongly support the idea that homosexuality is increasingly likely to be present as population pressure increases. The percentages demonstrating the presence of homosexuality: 0 (Low, hunting and gathering), 33 (Low, hunting, gathering, and fishing), 44 (Medium, Horticulture, etc.), 57 (High, Intensive agriculture) demonstrate a marked correlation between the presence of homosexuality and the intensity of a society’s adaptation to the environment. That none of the exclusively hunter-gatherer societies had any significant manifestations of homosexuality is particularly noteworthy, especially considering that over half of high population pressure societies have significant expressions of homosexuality in their culture.

Homosexuality also occurs at a rate of 8% in male domesticated sheep, but it does not occur in the wild ancestor of the sheep, the mouflon.

=================================

Another hypothesis (based on info from those papers quoted above) is that homosexuality might be caused by mother's diet during pregnancy:

The only explanation that accounts for all of the above observations is that homosexuality is caused by agricultural and industrial diets. Humans and their domesticated animals are the only species on earth that consume large amounts of grain and grain-derived foods. Agricultural and industrial diets cause all of the misnamed “diseases of longevity”, “diseases of civilization”, and “diseases of affluence”. These include gout, osteoporosis, obesity, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, heart disease, stroke, and cancer. There is no doubt that what a pregnant mother consumes can have a profound effect on the development of her child. The number one cause of mental ******ation in the Western world is fetal alcohol exposure. Sheep are fed hay and grains, neither of which are eaten by mouflon.

That one is new to me. I've been accused for the existence of diabetes and cancer before(indirectly, I know), but I don't think I've been accused of making babies gay before. That's awesome!

Farm Boy said:
That one is new to me. I've been accused for the existence of diabetes and cancer before(indirectly, I know), but I don't think I've been accused of making babies gay before. That's awesome!

Hunter-gatherers did not have it, so it's your fault either way.

If it is an evolutionary response to overpopulation, then it's your fault because farming caused overpopulation.

If it is caused by mother's diet during pregnancy, then it's your fault because you introduced agricultural diets.

Farmers - the cause of all evil! The Holy Inquisition will get you! :)

But wait, there is something more about hunter-gatherers:

We thought that maybe they were shy or embarrassed individuals, but this would have been uncharacteristic of the Aka we had known so long.

So being shy or embarrassed (especially around women) is perhaps also caused by farming and overpopulation...

Damn farmers !!! :eek:

Top Bottom