Spl01 - Noobish Players Try the Concurrent Format

Nevermind.

Never did.

er ... is it just me? I just downloaded Splime's save again from page 23 to make sure I use the right one, but when I start it up, it's telling me the year is 325BC?

Last time I opened the save was in 1.52. Let's see it in 1.61...Yep 325 BC. Turn 145. We're on epic pace, so the patch f-ed with the dates.

I'll load up to confirm this. Of course, the actual number never does much, it's the turn # that counts.

After I solved my mod conflict issue, I have confirmed that we start at 325 BC. It was a time machine. Anyway, still 15 turns.

i've been around but thing are now much more complicated than 2 weeks ago, unfortunately i have to ask you to not count on me so soon :\

nice game btw ;)

Highlights of my turnset:

Spoiler :
Barb axeman appeared in the North. I unloaded the axeman from the galley north of Autoville and sent the galley north to fetch the axeman we have near France. Sent the galley west of Autoville to fetch the first axeman.

Year BC 235, we are Most Cultured civ.

Met Roosevelt (Budhist, got open borders) and Liz (Confucian, she's on island west of Old Pholk's Home, traded cow for fish). The southernmost galley can just see the edge of Japan's borders.

Axeman on west island defeated a warrior. Axeman I landed in France got killed attempting to pillage a rice farm. Axeman from Splimesylvania died attacking barbarian axeman in north -- sheesh, 78% odds.

My combat results suck, but I think we're only a turn away from circum-navigating.

I played one extra turn to get the Nav bonus ~ and we should be able to whip colossus in Green w/in the next turn or two, so that's good :D
Turn 145 (325 BC)
User comment: what are we doing? where are we going?? why are we here??
User comment: victory=?? unknown at this point for the group; which shall i choose for me??
Research begun: Meditation
Research begun: Philosophy
Research begun: Mathematics
User comment: choosing cultural; why the f- not?
User comment: MM Green for food; will whip forge
User comment: heading to phil
Green Dot grows: 6

Turn 146 (310 BC)
User comment: whipped forge
Autoville begins: Lighthouse
Green Dot finishes: Forge

Turn 147 (295 BC)
Green Dot begins: Lighthouse
Splimesylvania finishes: Barracks

Turn 148 (280 BC)
Splimesylvania begins: Axeman
User comment: whip axe at splime
Pantload finishes: Hindu Missionary
Splimesylvania finishes: Axeman

Turn 149 (265 BC)
Pantload begins: Lighthouse
Green Dot begins: The Colossus
Splimesylvania begins: Scout
Splimesylvania begins: Axeman
Axeman promoted: Woodsman I
Pantload grows: 7
Splimesylvania finishes: Axeman
Old Pholks Home finishes: Axeman

Turn 150 (250 BC)
Old Pholks Home begins: Library
Green Dot grows: 4

Turn 151 (235 BC)
Splimesylvania finishes: Jewish Temple

Turn 152 (220 BC)
Splimesylvania begins: Settler
Hinduism has spread: Splimesylvania

Turn 153 (205 BC)
Pantload finishes: Lighthouse

Turn 154 (190 BC)
Pantload begins: Walls
Pantload begins: Barracks

Turn 155 (175 BC)
Axeman promoted: Woodsman I
Contact made: English Empire
Autoville grows: 3

Turn 156 (160 BC)
Contact made: American Empire
Green Dot grows: 5

Turn 157 (145 BC)
Research begun: Meditation
Axeman defeats (5.00/5): Barbarian Axeman
Axeman loses to: French Axeman (4.05/5)

Turn 158 (130 BC)
Axeman promoted: Woodsman II
Pantload finishes: Barracks

Turn 159 (115 BC)
Pantload finishes: Walls
Old Pholks Home finishes: Library

Turn 160 (100 BC)
Pantload begins: Axeman
Old Pholks Home begins: Granary

Turn 161 (85 BC)
Research begun: Philosophy
User comment: At growth @ green, move to work all mines ~ we should whip colossus w/in a turn or two
User comment: Splime: settler in 2, where??
User comment: axe in 1, perhaps whip another 1 after this and we should nab two w/the 2-burned-pop.
User comment: Old Pholks ~ what can i say...never goig to be great, until bio at least but has lib, so sci i guess is the focus
User comment: ditto on autoville, but we need CS to even tget some water over here!
User comment: Philo just started, in 44 ~ we cn still safely move away from Cultural...perhaps dominance??

Guys, I'll play tonight probably.

Also, I wanted to announce PR1 An OCC Diplomatic Excursion, if no one minds. This is a closed-roster SG of just Pholk and me. Sorry, but it's actually a practice for something we've got cooking and _that_ one requires just two players.

Anyhow, please stop by, laugh at our idiocy, and try not to get any on you.

OK, here's my turnset (I played last night, but didn't feel like posting...)

Spoiler :
----------------------------New entries----------------------------
Turn 145 (325 BC)

Turn 146 (310 BC)
Green Dot grows: 6

Turn 147 (295 BC)
Splimesylvania finishes: Barracks

Turn 148 (280 BC)
Pantload finishes: Hindu Missionary

Turn 149 (265 BC)
Pantload begins: Settler
Splime Notes: with sci at 80%, we can't go wrong with expansion. Later, I'll get an army ready.

Turn 150 (250 BC)
Old Pholks Home begins: Axeman
Tribal village results: weak hostiles
Splime Notes: Damn, they be hostile.
Axeman defeats (5.00/5): Barbarian Warrior

Turn 151 (235 BC)
Splime Notes: We're 5/7 in advanced-ness. :(
Splime Notes: Found some iron, tho it's in frozen wasteland.
Splimesylvania finishes: Jewish Temple

Turn 152 (220 BC)
Splimesylvania begins: Courthouse
Hinduism has spread: Splimesylvania

Turn 153 (205 BC)

Turn 154 (190 BC)
Contact made: English Empire
Splime Notes: Lizzie's way too close to the iron. We need to grab it fast.

Turn 155 (175 BC)
Research begun: Compass
Autoville grows: 3

Turn 156 (160 BC)
Splime Notes: Parthenon is no longer a possibility. (BIDL)
Splime Notes: Damn, the patch made it impossible to find out your opponents w/ the top 5 cities screen now...
Contact made: American Empire
Splime Notes: Roosevelt (Just Met) and Lizzie are both weaker than us >:)

Turn 157 (145 BC)
Old Pholks Home begins: Galley
Splime Notes: Lizzie has founded Taoism AND confusion so far...
Pantload finishes: Settler
Autoville finishes: Axeman

Turn 158 (130 BC)
Pantload begins: Work Boat
Autoville begins: Axeman
Splime Notes: Workboat for fish, as Lizzie recently offered fish for cows, and I turned her down.
Pantload grows: 7

Turn 159 (115 BC)
Green Dot grows: 7

Turn 160 (100 BC)
Splime Notes: We have 1/2 Million peeps.
Splime Notes: I see toku's border now...

Sorry no pics again. Still, the save will show all.

My Turns:

Okay guys, I reinstalled civ because I was having problems with screenies and other weird anomolies. Anyhow, now I can't get autolog to work so I don't actually have any dates for anything.

In fact, my report will be pretty minimal. I figure that's alright because we're all going to open the saves anyway. If that's wrong, I'll go in and take some screenies.

Okay, my main push was to settle new islands. I disrupted the builds in Pantload and Splimesylvania to make settlers. I whipped the settler in Pant for two pop and chopped the one in Splime.

We now have a city (Frankfurt) where the goodie hut was on the other island. We also have another settler and an axe in a boat headed toward the iron in teh land of milk and honey.

I made contact with Lizzy by means of Hindu spreading to Hastings. Lizzy turns out to be the bit-h that beat us to CoL as she's the Confucious capital. I immediatel made open borders with her and traded fish for cow.

I next met Roosevelt northeast of france. Again open borders were immediate.

Taoism was founded in a distant land, but I think it was england. Also, the Parthenon was lost to an unknown city.

We've got lots of boats and I think my save is one turn away from circumnavigation.

Maths came in and I chose alphabet, figuring we could trade for sailing techs. ABCs will be due in 6 turns.

Take a look.

Cities on islands will help definately. Anyway, I'll take a look...

Splime said:
Cities on islands will help definately. Anyway, I'll take a look...
I'm not so sure I agree with that, esp if we're going to try for a cultural victory ~ even if not, we've got plenty of land here on our island and I'd rather settle all of it, rather than risk letting some other a-holes come over to it whilst we're settling off-island. But i also hate rex, so maybe i'm biased. ;)

-The CivSucker

I think the island cities are necessary because we don't have iron... which armies AND navies (the important part of our military) require iron later on.

i believe only frigates and the little-used ironclads need iron ~ at this level, i don't foresee early big landing parties until around that level ~ those are just my thoughts...i never have seen the need to develop off-island sites, esp. if the home island is large enough for 10 or so cities. In my opinion, as I said earlier, i'd rather ensure that our island was 100% ours and then look for vacant islands, rather than have island cities and have to chase or deal w/foreign cities on our land

that's a good point.

I was going to analyze, but (1) forgot to dl frank's save, and (2) pholkhero's save doesn't seem to be up...

hmm...i got the remedy for dat!

edit: what did i do this time?!?!? :cry: doooooooooooooood .. .

i have to disqualify myself...having circumnav 200 yrs later i think, is pathetic.

more like mine is disqualified... I didn't circumnav... I'm not sure what I was doing...

EDIT: Wait, 100 AD? Shouldn't your save be 100 BC? (Or 85 BC, since you went forward by one turn)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You should see our solo project. PHolk played from 900BC to 500AD in one set! Aparently counting is an optional course in PA Public Schools.

rex_tyranus said:
Aparently counting is an optional course in PA Public Schools.
No. "Stopping Counting 101" is optional, though.

Yes, somehow, i totally blew it.

whoa..wait a minute...my turnlog is 85 bc ~ hmm...

I guess i could, at best, be called absent-minded:

real save (not Splime's save reposted as my own:)

Top Bottom