Star Wars - Dark Galaxy

christos200

Never tell me the odds
This is a CYOA.

Dark Galaxy

One thousand years after the defeat of Darth Malak, the galaxy is once again in turmoil. An unsuspecting Galactic Republic has been invaded by a massive Sith armada led by the Dark Lords of the Sith, Darth Iobos and Darth Venius, and aided by countless fallen Jedi. The Republic has been unable to stop their advance and the remnants of the Republic are now stationed in the Outer Rim worlds. Darth Iobos was overthrown and brutally murdered by own his disciple, Darth Venius, who has been crowned Emperor of the Sith.

Almost all of the Jedi Knights have perished, countless worlds have been devastated, hundreds of thousands of peoples have been killed and Coruscant was bombed to the ground. Only one Jedi has managed to survive, one wearing a dark cloak and a mask to hide his disfigured from the Sith face. Will he be able to defeat the Sith and restore peace to the galaxy? Or shall he fail?

Classes:

Jedi Consular (focuses more on the Force - gives you Cure)
Jedi Guardian (focuses more on the Lightsaber - gives you Lightsaber throw)

Stats:

Stats are updated according to your character's skills

Strength:
Persuasion:
Agility:
Computers:
Security

Peaceful Skills:

Peaceful Skills are used in quests. You start with two of them, plus your class skill (if you are Jedi Consular). The parentheses represent a skill's level. You start with level I and you can level up with XP. Depending on level, you have more chances of success.

Agility (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII)
Persuasion (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII)
Computers (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII)
Security (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII)
Cure (I, II)
Affect Mind (I, II)

Battle Skills:

Battle Skills are used in battle. You start with two of them, plus your class skill (if you are Jedi Guardian). Those who have parentheses, mean that they can be leveled up so as to become more powerful. You start with level I on those skills. Depending on level, you have more chances of success.

Lightsaber combo (I, II, III, IV)
Lightsaber throw
Force Choke (I, II)
Force Push
Force Drain (I, II)
Force Lighting (I, II)

Battles:

If you choose an option which leads to battle, you choose two battle skills to use.

Level Up:

Killing enemies gives XP (depending on the enemy). Also, completing side quests gives XP. Once you have gotten 1,000 XP, you level up and choose one new battle skill and one Peaceful skill (or level up an old ones).

Companions:

During your journey, you shall be joined by some companions. Each one has his own story and abilities which you can use to complete tasks.

Light Side - Dark Side

Depending on your choices, your character becomes aligned with the light side or the dark side of the Force. This will affect not only yourself, but also your companions and how they view you and your own quest.

Updates:

Stats:

Jedi

Spoiler :
Name: Jedi
Weapons: Lightsaber (blue crystal), 2 Ritual Knifes and 2 Poison Grenades
Credits: 4500
Strength: 5
Persuasion: 2
Agility: 1
Computers: 0
Security: 0
Battle Skills: Force Lightning II, Force Push, Lightsaber Combo I
Peaceful Skills: Persuasion II, Cure I, Agility
Class skill: Lightsaber throw
Light Side: 4
Dark Side: 0
XP: 2300

James Fox

Spoiler :
Name: James Fox
Weapons: Blaster pistol
Strength: 3
Persuasion: 3
Agility: 3
Security: 2
Peaceful Skills: Agility III, Persuasion III, Security II
Light Side: 0
Dark Side: 2
XP: 1000

T7-K8

Spoiler :
Name: T7-K8
Weapons: Laser
Strength: 1
Persuasion: 0
Agility: 0
Computers: 6
Security: 6
Peaceful Skills: Computers VI, Security VI
Light Side: 0
XP: 1100

Maximilian Kraat

Spoiler :
Name: Maximilian Kraat
Weapons: Lightsaber (green crystal)
Strength: 5
Persuasion: 0
Battle Skills: Force Choke II, Lightsaber Combo III
Peaceful Skills: Cure II, Affect Mind II
Light Side: 8
XP: 1000

First Choice:

Option A. Be Jedi Guardian
Option B. Be Jedi Consular

Second Choice:

Choose two Battle skills and two Peaceful skills. The ones with the more votes will be chosen.

Option B: Jedi Consular
Battle Skills: Force Lightning I, Lightsaber Combo I
Peaceful Skills: Cure I, Cure II

Option A. Be Jedi Guardian
Battle Skills: Force Push and Force Drain I
Peaceful Skills: Persuasion I and Cure I

Option A: Jedi Guardian
Battle Skills: Force Lightning I and Force Choke I
Peaceful Skills: Persuasion I and Cure I

Jedi Consular
Agility, Affect Mind
Saber Combo I, Saber Throw

guys trust me I played KOTOR, agility is broken to hell

Option A: Jedi Guardian
Battle Skills: Force Lightning I and Force Push I
Peaceful Skills: Computers I and Persuasion I

lightning was terrible in KOTOR but most of the other skills were hilariously broken

Jedi Guardian chosen.
Battle Skills: Force Lightning I, Force Push
Peaceful Skills: Persuasion I, Cure I

Stats:
Spoiler :
Weapons: Lightsaber (blue crystal)
Credits: 100
Persuasion: 1

You walk on the streets of Nar Shadda. The moon shines brightly on the night sky and the sound of Jazz music from nearby cantinas can be heard from miles away. You see three people gambling on the street, a young couple kissing, a man running and generally the streets of Nar Shadda are full of people. As you walk forward, towards Han's Cantina, you see two Rodians threatening with their guns an old man. Despite the fact that many people see this scene, no one seems willing to help the old man. Not even the security forces. As you walk besides them, you hear one of the Rodians saying that the old man owes money (100 Credits) to the Exchange, the intergalactic mafia. The security forces and the common people are of course not willing to risk a confrontation with the Exchange in order to save an old man. So they do nothing. What about you?

Option A. Walk away. It is not your problem, and as you are a fugitive from the Sith, you do not want to attract attention.

Option B. Use your persuasion skills to try and persuade the Rodians to leave the old man alone.

Option C. Attack the Rodians in order to save the old man. The Rodians do not seem tough but the Exchange could send bounty hunters after you.

Option D. Kill both the Rodians and the old man.

Option E. Pay the money the old man owes, but this would mean that you will have zero money left.

Note: If you choose to fight, as the rules state, you will have to choose two battle skills to use.

B, and if that goes sour, Push them and then Saber Throw.

You attempt to talk to the two Rodians and say to them that they should let the old man live, so he can gather money to repay the debt. They refuse and you threaten to intervene. They are not scared. They laugh at you, instead. (Persuasion failed.)

You Force Push the two Rodians. One of them hits the wall of a Cantina and dies due to his injury. The other is simply injured but is not killed. (Force Push succeeded. Force Push failed.)

He pulls out a blaster and fires at you, but you are able to dodge the bullets. (Blaster Attack failed.)

You then throw your lightsaber which is stabbed on the Rodian's lung. You then use the force to get it back. (Lightsaber Throw succeeded.)

+ 100 XP.
+ 1 Light side point.

Stats:
Spoiler :
Light Side: 1
XP: 100

You walk into Han's Cantina. You need to hire a pilot and a ship to get to the Outer Rim worlds. There, you can rally the remnants of the old Republic and lead them against the Sith Empire in an all out struggle for domination of the galaxy. Laughter. Jazz music. Smoking. Good looking women. All those things can be found in Han's Cantina. Most people coming here are enjoying themselves. Sons of nobles who have nothing better to do than drink lots of drinks with their father's money. Hardworking people who want to relax after a hard day of work. Husbands who want to talk with their friends and escape from their wives. Young lovers who want to meet. And pilots and criminals.

You talk to a tall green Twi'lek, named James Fox, who is willing to get you to the Outer Rim worlds. But because of the risks entailed in this travel, not least the fact that the Sith would be after you, he wants you to pay him 10,000 Credits at once. But you have only 100 credits.

What do you do?

Option A. Ask for a loan from the Exchange. And hope that they have not found out about the killing of their thugs.

Option B. Try to work for the Exchange. You can persuade them by telling them about how you killed their thugs, thus impressing them with your courage and battle skills.

Option C. Ask people in the Cantina for any jobs.

Option D. Go to Julla the Hut and try to work as a bounty hunter.

Option E. Breach into the Sith Base in Nar Shadda and steal money. Possibly you will have to fight many Dark Jedi and a lot of soldiers. But, according to rumors, the Sith Governor has 100,000 Credits.

D for connections and high probability of hilarious shenanigans.

Stats:
Spoiler :
Light Side: 1
XP: 100

Option D chosen

You go to the fat and slimy Julla the Hut. He has heard of your fight with the Exchange and is impressed by your courage and battle skills. So, without much introduction, he presents you with a number of people he wants dead.

Option A. Maurice Lorran. She was the best Bounty Hunter of Julla the Hut, until she decided to get to end her career as a bounty hunter due to meeting and marrying an honest and hard working young man. She wanted to start a new life and did not wanted to implicate her husband due to her criminal activities. Julla wants her dead, as a warning to people that they should not reject Julla's jobs.

Credits: 6,000

Option B. Huang Ying. A swoop racer who always beats Julla's swoop racers. He should not be much of a trouble, so the reward is relative low.

Credits: 1,000

Option C. Alan X. A serial killer who brutally murders his victims by cutting them horizontally with a ritual knife. The father of one of the victims paid Julla quite a lot of money to put on a bounty on his head.

Credits: 9,000

Option D. Carth Vangarf. A former Republican General hiding on Nar Shadda. The Sith were the ones who asked Julla to put a bounty on his head.

Credits: 20,000

Option E. You do not want to work with Julla after all. You leave. Considering what happened to Maurice Lorran, you should think quite well before leaving.

Top Bottom