Stars Without End v1.5.5

Martian Radio Network:
Ruben Moushian interviews Emily Kawanishi - PR Spokesperson for Martian Cooperative Industries on Martian Breakfast

Moushian: She's a frequent guest on this program and I'm sure you'll all recognise her name. I'm happy to say we will once again be speaking to Miss Emily Kawanishi, a representative of the Cooperative. Today's topic is a much lighter controversy than I'm used to discussing with her. For those of you who haven't heard on Friday a poster design was leaked from the Cooperative's marketing department for a shovel they are selling to colonists on Mars. The controversy arose though because this is no ordinary poster. Combining bold colours and over the top language it was initially viewed as highly humorous but some people are saying that it is indicative of an inappropriate attitude present in the Cooperative and it has been seen as highly patronising.

Spoiler :

Moushian: So with me today is Emily Kawanishi. Good morning.
Kawanishi: Good morning Ruben, I hope you've been keeping well.
Moushian: I'm happy to say I have. So what can you tell us about the poster?
Kawanishi: What would you like to know about it? At the end of the day its a lighthearted poster that was never intended for public consumption.
Moushian: If that was the case then why did it even get made?
Kawanishi: For every piece of marketing we do there is an internal competition for the best corresponding "joke" poster in the department. Its a fun tradition that the people down it marketing have been doing since the inception of the cooperative.
Moushian: When people initially saw this is was seen in that light, as a joke, but when it was revealed this was a tradition that has been going on in the Cooperative for a long time this raised concerns about the company's attitude towards colonial supplies in general.
Kawanishi: Its my opinion that this controversy that you are talking about comes only from people who already have an agenda against the Cooperative. The pioneers from outside Ria have often raised legitimate concerns about the fact that the majority of their supplies come from here in Ria. There is little else on the market here for lots of reasons. Least of which is the high shipping costs associated with bringing supplies from Earth. I can understand that people who resent this fact could see our cooperative's traditions as actually being complacency. However I want to assure people that these traditions keep our employees happy and engaged with the jobs they're doing. Its little things like this that help build a team spirit.
Moushian: So would you say that this perception that the Cooperative has a patronising attitude towards colonists is actually just a facet of the monopoly that they continue to maintain and enforce.
Kawanishi: There is no agenda here, we aren't looking to extend a monopoly and I don't think we really have one in any way other than the fact that we are the only people currently operating in Mars. We would welcome any competition in the industrial markets.
Moushian: I'm not sure that answers the question.
Kawanishi: that's because I don't agree with the question. We aren't enforcing a monopoly, we do not look on the colonists in a patronising manner - we are full or respect for those who bring in the resources that fuel Mars' industry.
Moushian: Well you may claim you are not enforcing a monopoly but you do effectively have a monopoly here.
Kawanishi: People keep making this issue about the question of monopoly but at the end of the day this sound not be a controversy. Its a fun activity undertaken by our Marketing department and I feel all criticism of it is coming from the people who already dislike the way our cooperative operates.
Moushian: Well I agree that the controversy about the poster is truly silly, but I think it does point to a deeper underlying issue relating to the public perception of your Cooperative.
Kawanishi: Well I'm glad we agree on one thing.
Moushian: It is a nice change to be sure, anyway that's all we have time for right now - next on Martian Breakfast we'll be talking to George Michaels about his upcoming novella.

Will be transmitting orders tonight.

Orders softlocked last night and I forgot to mention it.

Sorry for the late orders, they're in. Really had no idea what to do for them, honestly.

To that end, I'm dropping the game since there's nothing else I can do at this point.

I'm going to drop from this as well since I don't have the energy to put into RP for this game and also I don't like the concept of near daily updates tbh.

So who is left playing? Because it often feels like I'm the only person posting.

Edit: Looking at it yeah the only posts made since the last update other than dropping posts are me and Seon. Come on guys its not fun if there's nothing in the thread!

NEWS FROM EARTH 2138
IMPORTANT: Steaddunno Core, and Global Police Authorit must pay an additional 1 million credits per asset due to rebel local investments (Banker’s Rebellion and East Column)

GPA OFFENSIVES CRUSH REBEL FRANCHISES. Operation Castor, Pollux, and Isogai: These are the names of three operations designed to crush the East River Column and Banker Rebellion. Swarms of troops from several peacekeeper divisions and Heavy Peacekeeper Division I flooded the streets of Hong Kong, Shanghai, and several cities across the region to forcibly close suspected franchise operations and arrest franchise agents. In Hong Kong, the I Heavy Peacekeeper Division launched an offensive against the Hong Kong Underground, arresting dozens of River Columnists.

GLASS SABOTEURS DESTROY NAGA TOWER. The explosion in the basement of Naga Tower rocked the city and brought millions of people out to the street to watch the collapse of Naga Tower. The Army of Glass has taken responsibility for this blast. Kadru stock has plummeted, and as of this moment it looks that the stock will fall below the minimum price required for listing on major exchanges. The CEO of the firm is suspected to have been killed in the blast, along with much of the executive suite.

In the final act of the Kadru, the cyberninja tracked down and killed Rani v.7.0.

JAPANESE-AMERICAN UPRISINGS. The United States and Japan have orchestrated massive governmental assaults on the Global Police Authority, leveraging legal authorities to try to force the organization to turn over sensitive documents. This effort failed in America, but succeeded in the surprise closure of a GPA base in Okinawa and the seizure of documents confirming what much of the world suspected: The Peacekeeper Divisions are made up of gengineered individuals representing over a hundred thousand missing persons across India and China.

Public outrage is building. Stay tuned.

BLACK TUESDAY. Operation Black Tuesday: The East River Column attempt to rip the guts of the Core’s economic power straight from its body. Black Tuesday went ahead despite the destruction of ERC franchises earlier in the year. The attack was a spectacular failure, failing to destroy either of the Core’s mining operations thanks to the effort of the Core’s Counterintel Unit. Several commodities brokers were arrested following the operation.

CICERO. The Banker’s Rebellion, on the other hand, succeeded in their effort to destroy the Core’s series of boltholes without firing a shot. Bankers purchased the loyalties of certain individuals who went on to sabotage the boltholes.

BENEDICT HEBRANG: THE UNTOUCHABLE. When the Perimeter Agency tried to launch a lawsuit against the demagogue, they woefully underestimated the ability of the leader to rouse a significant number of collaborators and steaddunno to his cause. The lawsuits against him collapsed in European courts as lawyers, fearful for their live after the murder of a dozen Perimeter lawyers, withdrew their lawsuit. Operation Clinton was a failure.

Operation Neptune was an even bigger failure. Perimeter Core Forces attempted to arrest several dozen leaders of Hebrang’s personal circle, but when the rank and file of the unit began to mutiny, the effort collapsed in flames.

GUNNERS ASSAULT JAPANESE GOVERNMENT. THE PRIME MINISTER OF JAPAN IS DEAD after several intense hours of fighting in the capital. A Gunner cyberninja unit assassinated several high-ranking members of the Japanese government, included the prime minister. However, it was the assault on the government from the streets that finally toppled it. Gunner union toughs, rousing major Japanese unions, took to the streets to march on the capital. The resulting confrontation destroyed both the Japanese government and the public support for the unions involved.

A Gunner franchise, in a related attack, attacked the Counter-Intel Unit of America by denying the CIU’s the ability to purchase their goods in several cities near the unit’s headquarters. This has cost the Nine Eyes an additional 500,000 credits.

NEWS FROM MARS 2138
DST HITMEN ON MARS? Rumors are circulating the Martian rumor mill that several dozen hitmen of the Diamond Tombs Syndicate were smuggled onto Mars. If true, the complex political situation on Mars has become even more complicated. Will the Martian powers unite to remove the outsider, or will the syndicate’s criminal expertise be too valuable for the powers to unite against?

THE WAR ON MARS. [REDACTED]. Citizen, look away. Ignore the thousands of dead. Ignore the freighter ships reentering the Martian orbit for the final time. Look away, citizen. Look away.

OKAY
With that out of the way, let’s talk about rule changes.

1. All orders must be posted publicly. Orders for stealthed assets should be PM’d though.

2. A whole lot of rule changes, changes to asset function, etc. Reread the rules.

3. No orders lock. Get your orders in; get on the calendar; and be prepared.

THE DATE IS JANUARY 1, 2139. Next Income Date is February 1, 2139.

To: The Court of the Gunners

You have made nine powerful enemies today. You will regret your actions.

NPC orders in the spoiler tags. WARNING: There are a lot of orders.

Spoiler :
STEADUNNO CORE:

Actions:
1. Activate special abilities of both Harvesters.
2. Hold Demagogue in reserve.
3. Hold Tripwire Cell in reserve.
4. Use Counterintel Unit to defend all other assets.

Spending:
1. Spend ¥ 500,000 repairing the Demagogue.
2. Spend ¥ 500,000 repairing the damaged Harvester.
2. Spend ¥ 500,000 repairing the faction.
3. Bank ¥ 2,725,000.

Other: N/A.

DIAMOND TOMBS SYNDICATE:

Actions:
1. All assets to defend the new Base of Operations being built.

Spending:
1. ¥ 500,000 creating a base of operations on Mars.
2. Bank ¥ 1,625,000.

Other: N/A

EAST RIVER COLUMN:

Actions:
1. Attack the Steadduno Core’s damaged Harvester asset with all our assets.

Spending: N/A

GLOBAL POLICE AGENCY:

Actions:
1. OPERATION TANAKA – Peacekeeper Divisions I-IV will attack the following assets of the East River Column in this order:
  • Local Investments
  • Commodities Brokers
  • Hong Kong Underground
When the first asset on the list is destroyed, the unexhausted asset will attack the next asset on the list until all assets are exhausted or all assets are destroyed.
2. If the Hong Kong Underground still stands after OPERATION TANAKA is complete, the Heavy Peacekeeper Division II will attack it. Else, it will attack the Banker’s Rebellion’s HQ (Liechtenstein).
3. Peacekeeper Divisions V and VI will attack the Banker’s Rebellion’s Local Investments.

Spending:
1. ¥ 1,000,000 on repairing our faction.
2. Bank ¥ 2,000,000.

Other: Continue converting the people of Hong Kong into Gengineered Slaves. Hopefully the process will be complete when the city is fully occupied once more.

PERIMETER AGENCY:

Actions:
1. Continue OPERATION CLINTON by attacking the Steaddunno Core’s Demagogue with our Lawyer asset and our Core Forces asset. In the RP, the Core Forces will act as body guards for our Lawyers so they don’t get assassinated again.
2. Attack the Global Police Agency’s Peacekeeper Division I with the FBI by arresting their state-side operatives for Malware Proliferation.

Spending:
1. ¥ 500,000 repairing Core Forces.
2. Bank ¥ 1,375,000.

TERRACOTTA ARMY:

Actions:
1. Attack the Global Police Agency’s Heavy Peacekeeping Division II with both the Qinlong Clan and Vanguard Cadres.
2. Assist with the Perimeter Agency’s OPERATION CLINTON by attacking the Steaddunno Core’s Demagogue with the Jiawu Cell. In the RP, they will act as bodyguards for the Steddunno Core’s Lawyers.
3. Etc

Spending:
1. ¥ 5,000,000 to create a party machine named “Terracotta China”. This will represent the areas of China we will liberate in our People’s War against the allies of the Core’s regime.
2. Bank ¥ 750,000.

Other: Choose the “Invincible Valour” goal.

BANKER’S REBELLION:

Actions:
1. Assist with the Perimeter Agency’s OPERATION CLINTON by attacking the Steadduno Core’s Demagogue with all available assets. In the RP, they will be providing financial backing to the Lawyers

Spending: N/A

Other: Choose the “Intelligence Coup” goal.

NINE EYES:

Actions:
1. Attack the Court of the Gunners directly with the United States Government. The United States will send peacekeepers from the United States military to restore order in Japan.
2. Hold the Counter-Intel Unit in reserve.
3. Etc

Spending:
1. Spend ¥ 500,000 repairing the Counter-Intel Unit.

2. Bank all remaining credits.

Please get your orders in. :)

Spoiler Court of the Gunner :

Recruit a unit of Brigadors

Activate special ability of the Postech Industry.

Guard the Court with Security Personnel

Attack Nine Eyes directly with Cyberninjas

Attack Nine Eyes directly with Franchise.

I too apologise, I like the rules and setting you have here I'm just rather tight on time and motivation right now. I'm dropping.

With so many (really good) games running, and the increasingly waning interest in this game (both from players and me), I'm going to call it a day on this! I had a lot of fun, and learned quite a bit about what to do (and not do) for games like this in the future.

I will point everybody to NC's new game, which is based on a supplement for the game this game was based on.

I recommend next time, you stick to one system, even if it takes longer than expected. After all, Roll to Rule takes a while to update, but I'm still quite interested. Oh, and give a good incentive for RP.

Top Bottom