SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Just kindly click the link I posted above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. It's on the German Amazon. It's pretty light on details, but the cost is full price.

I still don't think this is Bison.

I hope it's not Bison, but I have a strong feeling it'll include Bison and means we won't see any content after Bison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The complete edition may include Bison, but wouldn't itself be Bison. There isn't a separate listing in steam for the GOTY or Gold editions, so there wouldn't be for a complete edition. However, "complete" does sound rather final. If they thought they were going to release more content, I'd think they'd have made it a "Platinum Edition" instead. Makes me think Conquest of the New World Deluxe may be the last DLC or expansion we see for Civ 5, which makes me kind of sad. If that's the case, I really hope the BNW -> Civ 6 move goes better than the BtS-> Civ 5 one step forward & 3 steps back.

What are the chances that "complete" is a poor translation of the word from German, bringing along connotations that don't exist for the german word? Any native german speakers care to squash or buoy my hopes?

One of the major online retailers, which might have been Amazon.com, had a version called "Civilization V: Complete Edition" during the recent holiday period, it included all Civ V content upto BNW (i.e. no Scrambled packs). I had several sites marked to check prices during the time and so it might have been somewhere else. It disappeared right after the beginning of the year. It was a download bundle only, not a boxed copy. It was priced at about $40 before whatever small discount it had and there were many ways to get all of Civ V much cheaper at the time, so I shrugged it off until I noticed it was no longer listed and completely forgot about it until I saw the recent posts in this thread.

Hmmm - they've changed the 'change number' on the Steam databases again, from 1 to 372484, so perhaps it was a mistake? That puts a hole through my earlier theory (which is good if it means we'll be seeing more from Civ V).

I just wish 2k would make an announcement already. We know that something is coming, and I'm pretty sure a majority of people here would like to know what's next for the Civ series (whether it's more for Civ V, or something new). I really hope that they will be more transparent about their plans in future.

I'm hoping this isn't the end for civ V too, but the latest changes on the Steam database worry me. Someone seems to have updated the metacritic score from 90 to... 90 again, and replacing the links, which seems like a strange thing to bother doing (especially when you aren't making any other updates) - unless they were making sure all the data was correct before a final release. Also, the 'change number', which has up to this point been ascending with each update has now been reset from '372445' to '1', which again might be the sort of thing you'd do if you weren't planning on updating it any more.

I wouldn't read anything into the metacritic and change number changes. If you look at the last updated date of all Friaxis Games products
http://steamdb.info/developers/RmlyYXhpcyBHYW1lcw==/
and check what was changed for all the ones with updates a day ago, they updated those same fields for all of these products: XCOM: Enemy Within, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization, Sid Meier's Railroads!, Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete, etc.

I just wish 2k would make an announcement already. We know that something is coming, and I'm pretty sure a majority of people here would like to know what's next for the Civ series (whether it's more for Civ V, or something new). I really hope that they will be more transparent about their plans in future.

I totally agree. Unfortunately, it seems that 2K does the marketing and PR for Firaxis and that 2K doesn't seem to understand Firaxis' fan base nearly as well as Firaxis does.

Find of the day!

Click

I have no idea how reliable this website is, but note the release date to the right and the Conquest of the World Deluxe Pack in the list of included DLCs.

I really really hope they fix their multiplayer mod support framework before they close the doors on support for this game. Everything else would just be a real shame.

Find of the day!

Click

I have no idea how reliable this website is, but note the release date to the right and the Conquest of the World Deluxe Pack in the list of included DLCs.

I really really hope they fix their multiplayer mod support framework before they close the doors on support for this game. Everything else would just be a real shame.
So that's it? Civilization V - The Complete Edition PC and the release date of Friday 7th of February 2014( UK & Mainland Only ), :sad: if this news is true, it would just be Conquest of the New world Deluxe and no new civ.
21 days till Conquest of the New world Deluxe, to those who gonna buy it.

It seems that other suppliers are starting to list it too:
http://www.nordicgamesupply.com/shop/pc-1/sid-meiers-civilization-v-the-complete-edition/

I guess that's it for Civ V then. Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed, as I feel they could have done more with it before moving on to Civ VI. I can only hope that they learn from the mistakes that were made during the production of Civ V vanilla and produce a sequel that is more than just the bare bones of a game - though that will mostly be dependant on 2k not interfering and laying off staff a few months before release, or setting a release date that doesn't give Firaxis time to properly playtest the game, or getting them to cut back on content so that there's more that can be released as DLC in the first few months after release... I'm not exactly hopeful though. :(

I guess the logical question to ask here is, does this mean Firaxis is starting to get Civ VI development underway? If the Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario really is the last of the CiV DLC, that would suggest that they're probably moving on to other projects (and it is 2014 already, and in theory CIVIlization [sorry, couldn't resist] will be out in 2015...)

If they really are done with CiV, when can we expect to learn about the next installment (assuming that they're actually doing it)? E3?

I think people really should try to think outside the box with Civ 6, the game will probably be made with Ed and Dennis as lead designers, two people who took what vanilla Civ 5 was and turned into a game it shoudl've been, because the original guy had left it.. let's be honest piesces. Civ 5 was released In my opinioni unfinished (strange features like Pact of Secrecy which did nothing?) With god and kings they super-balanced the whole game, and with BNW added features to polish out the game. So while people seem to be disappointed, let's not forget that Civ 6 would be the best iteration of the game.. ever... in my opinion at least.. yes, I'm very optimistic in this, but I honestly hope and doubt that Ed and Dennis can screw up the game.

So while people seem to be disappointed, let's not forget that Civ 6 would be the best iteration of the game.. ever... in my opinion at least.. yes, I'm very optimistic in this, but I honestly hope and doubt that Ed and Dennis can screw up the game.

Oh - I have absolute confidence in the abilities of Ed, Dennis and the rest of the Firaxis team. It's interference from the higher-ups at 2k and the shareholders I'm worried about...

Top Bottom