SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

I'm pretty sure that Civ 6 won't had a "bad" start as Civ 5, why? Because Ed and Dennis didn't work as lead designers on Civ 5, just the expansion pack (unless I'm wrong).

Maybe we need to start a petition asking for Ed and Dennis to be leading Civ 6.
They did a great job salvaging Civ 5, both in gameplay, scenarios as well as adding fresh ideas to the franchise.

They did a great job salvaging Civ 5, both in gameplay, scenarios as well as adding fresh ideas to the franchise.

Pretty sure there's nobody else at Firaxis as of right now except for maybe Sid Meier himself who's actually leading the game design.

Maybe Conquest DELUXE will be a Civ two-pack like the original Conquest was.

If there were a spinoff like Colonization or Pirates or Railroad would it be included in a Complete Pack? I still think the game mechanics are of use to them.

I do see that this complete edition advertises 43 civs. So no hope for getting a new Civ with New World deluxe.

If there were a spinoff like Colonization or Pirates or Railroad would it be included in a Complete Pack? I still think the game mechanics are of use to them.

I do see that this complete edition advertises 43 civs. So no hope for getting a new Civ with New World deluxe.

Oh well. That's really too bad. I just hope they at least balance the game before they fully move on, as it's incredibly unbalanced in its current state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Colonization reboot with the Civ 4 game engine was a standalone game. You didn't even need to own Civ 4 to play it. But, that was the past and doesn't necessarily mean they'd do the same in the future.

Kate from 2K says they will have more to say on this soon. Via Twitter.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition includes Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization along with both of the expansions.
I think Conquest of the New World Deluxe is going to be it for Civ 5. I think we'll get a sizable patch with it, and that'll be it. Probably means we'll get Civ 6 in approx. a year. I'm a bit disappointed as there was a lot more they could do with 5. However, I have to see what is done with 6 and when it is released before I can pass final judgement. It is possible that vanilla 6 will outshine BNW, but I'm not holding my breath. So much for an Alpha Centauri re-make ala colonization. Now I can watch for a steam sale on Europa Universalis IV and hope for DLC for XCOM to keep me busy for the next year.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition includes Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization along with both of the expansions.
I think Conquest of the New World Deluxe is going to be it for Civ 5. I think we'll get a sizable patch with it, and that'll be it. Probably means we'll get Civ 6 in approx. a year. I'm a bit disappointed as there was a lot more they could do with 5. However, I have to see what is done with 6 and when it is released before I can pass final judgement. It is possible that vanilla 6 will outshine BNW, but I'm not holding my breath. So much for an Alpha Centauri re-make ala colonization. Now I can watch for a steam sale on Europa Universalis IV and hope for DLC for XCOM to keep me busy for the next year.

What they could still do with Civ 5 they can very well carry over to Civ 6.. and I think Civ 6 is better.. why? Because it coudl very well run smoother than Civ 5 does, I mean, let's be honest, Civ 5 is very graphic intense(ish), Civ 6 could run way better and with more demand for more "compatibility" with low-end machines it would probably be better if they actaully focused on getting Civ 6 released, hell, they could very well just finish the whole franchise with Civ 6 but just keep on making more and more "DLCs/Expansion Packs".

That may or may not be all who are working on Civ, but there are certainly a lot more people doing game development at Firaxis. Someone made XCOM.

What I meant was that Ed, Dennis and maybe Sid would be the "lead designers" for Civ 6, because Civ 5 vanilla was only led by Ed, and we saw what happened when Jon Shafer was the lead designer, Civ 5 was a rather "incomplete" vanilla when it came down to it (let's be clear, what the hell did Pacts of Secrecy EVER do?)

I'm pretty sure that Civ 6 won't had a "bad" start as Civ 5, why? Because Ed and Dennis didn't work as lead designers on Civ 5, just the expansion pack (unless I'm wrong).

I'm hoping Civilization VI also gets to spend more time in the incubator. When Paradox started making banks from their games, they were able to release games later because they weren't financially pressured, which meant better releases.

It is possible that vanilla 6 will outshine BNW, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good. Didn't want anybody to die on that bet.

Though, that is my main worry with Civilization VI. How awful would it be to see the religious and trade mechanics left out of the vanilla game? Gods and Kings religions operated a lot better than CivIV's of course, but how much can you improve the mechanic and justify its absence from a vanilla release? Especially with the trade mechanics.

Not so much with the espionage mechanics, though to be fair, espionage is almost always boring and BNW did at least make diplomats somewhat endearing.

"Bunch of anons signed a petition!"

A quick question regarding the scenario.

What are the TWO civs (European and American) that aren't in the game yet? First one that pops to my mind is Sioux (for whatever the reason), what would be the other European nation?

So far, the original version has
1. France, Spain, England as Europeans
2. Aztecs, Incans, and Iroquois as Americans

God and Kings added :
1. Mayans and the Dutch

Brave new World added
1. Shoshone and the Portugese.

(I know Shoshone don't fit necessairly but still).

So that would leave 2 civs, that could still be added.

A quick question regarding the scenario.

What are the TWO civs (European and American) that aren't in the game yet? First one that pops to my mind is Sioux (for whatever the reason), what would be the other European nation?

So far, the original version has
1. France, Spain, England as Europeans
2. Aztecs, Incans, and Iroquois as Americans

God and Kings added :
1. Mayans and the Dutch

Brave new World added
1. Shoshone and the Portugese.

(I know Shoshone don't fit necessairly but still).

So that would leave 2 civs, that could still be added.

Hmm... it's possible that Firaxis have found a way to add the Pueblo, and coupled with the Sioux, it would cover America fairly well. I'd prefer something from South America, but there's not really anything that would cover it. Perhaps they'll add more colonies?

Why do you think the scenario is going to include more civs? If we're assuming that the listings for Civ V Complete are correct, they seem to suggest that there will only be 43 civs - i.e. the ones we have now. In that case it's most likely the scenario will just add the Netherlands, Portugal, the Maya and the Shoshone to the ones that were in the original.

If the listings are wrong I'd actually expect two new native civs, rather than one of each, as there weren't really any other European states that got involved with colonising the Americas. You could maybe include Sweden (New Sweden), Denmark (Greenland) or Russia (Alaska), if you were really pushing it. Other than that Germany, Belgium and Italy did develop colonies, but only in Africa and at a later date, and Morocco had an interest in colonisation but never got round to it, so they could potentially be included, but it would be very ahistorical.

In terms of American civs, the Sioux, Cherokee, Pueblo (if they agree), Inuit, Zapotec, Muisca, and Mapuche stand out as good choices for possible civs, at least imo, but there are loads Firaxis could choose from.

Most civlization games brought out civilizations back. In civilization 6, it is expected that the usual vanilla civilizations will come back along with the usual expansion civilizations.

Any word from Kate from 2K yet?

Otherwise, I very much doubt we're getting any other Civs in this DLC; I think it's just going to be the original Conquest of the New World with the other 4 Civs (Dutch, Portuguese, Shoshone [maybe as some other native group], and Mayan) added in.

Any word from Kate from 2K yet?

Otherwise, I very much doubt we're getting any other Civs in this DLC; I think it's just going to be the original Conquest of the New World with the other 4 Civs (Dutch, Portuguese, Shoshone [maybe as some other native group], and Mayan) added in.

She says there will be more information "soon" via Twitter. I agree with your assessment.

Top Bottom