Suggestions and requests

Some AI notes:

City defense is a huge factor when it comes to AI decisiveness.
I once ran an experiment where I was controlling Italy and the HRE DoW'ed me.
One of my cities, I believe Milan, I left purposely undermanned, with no units in the city, but sitting at 60-80% defense.
The HRE stack just sat there bombarding it for several turns and then later took it once it dropped below 20%.

So, adding Collateral Damage won't help much if the AI is reluctant to attack even empty cities.

Some AI notes:

City defense is a huge factor when it comes to AI decisiveness.
I once ran an experiment where I was controlling Italy and the HRE DoW'ed me.
One of my cities, I believe Milan, I left purposely undermanned, with no units in the city, but sitting at 60-80% defense.
The HRE stack just sat there bombarding it for several turns and then later took it once it dropped below 20%.

So, adding Collateral Damage won't help much if the AI is reluctant to attack even empty cities.

Hot damn that's a good find. It's interesting that the AI is programmed like that. An oversight that explain the reluctance of the Mongols to conquer Chinese cities.

The difference I observed with Collateral Damage on Keshiks is mostly much better success for Mongolia in the Middle East.

It's not uncommon for Mongolia to be wiped out by the Seljuks/Indies (who has numbers on their side) in the Middle East without Collateral Keshiks. With Collateral Keshiks they do much better. In a few of my test games they even managed to take Baghdad - something which I haven't seen happen since version 1.9 or maybe even earlier.

All my tests are 600AD Netherlands start, Monarch, Normal.

btw a visual demonstration of Suicide Keshiks causing Collateral Damage, from one of my favorite movies:

Link to video.

While I don't doubt that is the case, the Mongol reluctance to attack needs to be addressed first,
and I don't feel like collateral aids the AI in thinking it can go ahead and attack.
For the Mongols to go on the warpath, they should reasonably have some way to siege
quickly as the AI appears to judge whether it should attack or not based on city defense.
I mean, the Keshik, if I'm not mistaken, was already given the ability to ignore city defense
but does the AI really understand that it can bypass it?
And we've already been fooling around with the Mongol AI so that it automatically starts in late-game Conquest mentality;
I believe doing a couple more tweaks might really help out here.
Maybe tricking them into thinking their Power disparity is huge or, instead of adding collateral to Keshiks,
we add the ability to bombard so that they can continue apace.

I don't feel like collateral aids the AI in thinking it can go ahead and attack.
It does.

The AI will use the Keshiks as Collateral/Siege units in suicide attacks.

I'll get you a screenshot to show you what I mean. Here:

^ The AI rarely does this on its own though. Perhaps Collateral needs to be added to the AI stack of Keshik in the XML.

Also, a problem is the Seljuks (and Independents that result from Seljuks) wiping out the Mongol stacks in Iran. Especially giant Seljuk stacks of Trebuchets.

So either give Mongols larger stacks in Iran, or tone down the Seljuks a bit.

The difference I observed with Collateral Damage on Keshiks is mostly much better success for Mongolia in the Middle East.

It's not uncommon for Mongolia to be wiped out by the Seljuks/Indies (who has numbers on their side) in the Middle East without Collateral Keshiks. With Collateral Keshiks they do much better. In a few of my test games they even managed to take Baghdad - something which I haven't seen happen since version 1.9 or maybe even earlier.

All my tests are 600AD Netherlands start, Monarch, Normal.

btw a visual demonstration of Suicide Keshiks causing Collateral Damage, from one of my favorite movies:

Link to video.
If I don't mistake, it is Sergei Bodrov's movie? I din't expect to see here fragment if his film.
But however, if people here are going to add collateral damage and ability to bombard city defence for Mongolian UU it will be fair, as they were conquerors, and effective conquerors, but then you are need to weaken Mongols in something else, as well.
For example, I suggest to weaken them in strating techs. No starting Engeneering and Gunpowder, and maybe even no starting Construction.
Why? Because they were nomads. And their existance was simple: put a tent, grazing cows and horses while grass is green, and later moving with their tents, cows and horses to another place, where the grass is a bit greener ;D Pardon me, but what an Engeneering for them? And gunpowder. Firstly, during invasion in China, Mongols didn't use any siege engines, maybe just most simple of them. Improved siege engines were created for Mongols later, by subjugated peoples of China nad Middle East, so no Gunpowder.
Especially if you are really going to implement respawn of cities (Samarkand, Merv, kashgar) right before Mongol start, then you are really need to weaken Mongols in something other. It is necessarily, or esle they will be too powerful.

How to add ILYRIA civ like a minor or idipendent city Of Dyrrachium in 3000bc scenario .in 168 bc roman empire conquered ilyria With long wars .via egnatia start in dyrrachium to Finish to constandinapoj And roman expand to east

Haha, anyone remember the guy who always used to lobby for the inclusion of Ukraine into RFC so eventually Rhye made a modmod in which it replaced England and had Shevchenko as a LH? :lol:

Maybe I can get someone to make a Lewandowski LH.

I have many to suggest, and I have already suggested some things in other threads. In these posts I concentrate all of them and I add some others:

+Shia Islam (fighting between Shia Egypt and Sunni Arabia during the crusades is pretty interesting).
Shias: Egypt (Middle ages and Rennaisance?), Persia/Iran
Sunnis: Arabia, Moors, Turks (Seljuks and Ottoman), Mughals (and Mongols if they are muslim), Phoenician (Syria).

Orthodoxy: The holy city of orthodox is Jerusalem. So I propose that orthodoxy is founded by Theology and let the Apostolic Palace be the holy city shrine.

Protestantism: Don't let the player to choose. Its civilisation chooses according to history.
Protestant: The north (Vikings, English, Dutch, Prussia)
Antireformists: The south (Moors, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Byzantium (Egypt, Cathrage)) and the Slavs (Polish, Russians)
Tolerators: the middle (France, HRE)

Settlers: the state religions spreads immediately in the city settling.
It isn't logical that spanish settle in Americas and catholicism spreads after 20 years or never! Moreover, it is very unusual that English settle in North America and Islam spreads in the colony, because they have open borders with mughals!

Let it be an upper limit in the amount of units. This limit depends on food, oil, coal and uranium resources. The units you can control is limited by the food. For example if the total amount of food is 6 you can control 2 units. If the total amount of food is 12 you can control 3 units (the first must consume nothing). Tanks, planes and ships consume oil and are limited by the total amount of oil resources you control. (So the american 3rd goal could be: control an army of X tanks, Y planes and Z carriers/battleships).

Non-exploring units don't reveile map tiles, and they cannot move in unexplored tiles. This way you won't see Korean maceman in Russia anymore, and Koreans won't see persian chariot or roman praetorian in china. Moreover, the human player controling England is forced to explore NY tile before founding it.

All land units can improve terrain. Military construct roads and other improvements in time of peace, especially in the medieval and classical eras. Let's make them slower than workers.

*Code of laws require only writing and is much cheaper. Courts require monarchy and code of laws. Viceroyalty is enabled by code of laws and monarchy.
*Calendar requires mysticism instead of sailing, because calendar depends on astronomical observations and ancient people believed stars were conected to gods.
*Optics doesn't require guilds but caravels and galleons do.
*Economics doesn't require astronomy, but the trading company does.

I have no idea what you are saying about food and units, and the non exploratory rule would simply be a real pain in the early game.

Food and units:

It is simple: your army size depends on the food you produce.

Exploratory rule:
It is a real pain but it is intended. I have never heard about babylonian warriors exploring transaxonia and discovering Afrosiyab, or a danish village paying tribute to hamurambi, it is just redicolous.

Food and units:

It is simple: your army size depends on the food you produce.

Exploratory rule:
It is a real pain but it is intended. I have never heard about babylonian warriors exploring transaxonia and discovering Afrosiyab, or a danish village paying tribute to hamurambi, it is just redicolous.

Surplus food? Total Food? Food resources?

Top Bottom