Suggestions and Requests

Wasn't there a discussion about it a long time ago? IIRC one the main problems was that it would overlap with the American core too much.

Yeah, that and their core would be too small to start with.

The main problem with the Iroquois is that they would be an inland civilization in a space in which the future civilization there (America) needs coastal cities.

As for the Sioux, America already has a difficult enough time expanding westward as it is, adding one more impediment is almost guaranteed not to end well.

Out of curiosity, have you looked at all at the Native Americans in Civ 4: Colonization? I am not sure exactly how they function, but I can tell you that they operate somewhat differently than a normal civilization as to not interfere with European city placement.

The main problem with the Iroquois is that they would be an inland civilization in a space in which the future civilization there (America) needs coastal cities.

As for the Sioux, America already has a difficult enough time expanding westward as it is, adding one more impediment is almost guaranteed not to end well.

Out of curiosity, have you looked at all at the Native Americans in Civ 4: Colonization? I am not sure exactly how they function, but I can tell you that they operate somewhat differently than a normal civilization as to not interfere with European city placement.
I was thinking AI USA could have conquerors against the Sioux (maybe extras against AI Sioux), and they would also work best as a conditional spawn.

Sioux cities should be forcefully destroyed/auto destroyed. IRL Native Americas were driven off by American settlers, that could be represented by destroying the Sioux cities (should be a minor hit to American stability however insignificant). If the civ collapses, all of the cities should be destroyed instead of turning independent.

This system could work well in Africa too. The 'Native' people's cities could be auto-razed by any civ for players to colonize the continent themselves. However I don't know if that's possible, just throwing out a suggestion :)

And once the Sioux are dead, they should be out of the game for good. No respawns or anything (or they could respawn as the Texas civ)

They can respawn as the confederation :p

Unfortunately. As I've mentioned somewhere before, it is theoretically possible to decouple civilizations from slots, so that slots would only limit how many civilizations can be in the game at the same time (and how many will be available in the starting screen). But that would require rewriting the entire groundwork of RFC, not something I'd want to invest my time in right now.

Btw, if performance is an issue, in general or for adding more civs I would say some civs could be removed without affecting gameplay: Maya, Tibet and Poland. In my games they never influence anything. Khmer is also somewhat "meh".

Or leave them be if they are considered to make the game better.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't have added them if I thought removing them was a good idea.

You can always disable them in XML.

I dont mind performance today. Not at until late game that is, with those zillion of units all the civs can afford.

They aren't meant to survive until last turns. Maya collapse before Aztecs, Tibet is conquered by China or Mongols and Poland is gifted to Prussia.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Italy to start with Mercenaries as their military civic instead of Levy Armies? Wars during the Italian Renaissance were usually fought with condotierri as the majority of their armies.

This is so true. The swiss guards are a modern day example of ancient italian mercenaries. They started to be mercenaries in the fifteenth century and Now are the defenders of the vatican city.

And it would make sense if Iran started with agranisim and Persia with anything but slavery civic. Persia and Iran neve used slaves and where against it.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Italy to start with Mercenaries as their military civic instead of Levy Armies? Wars during the Italian Renaissance were usually fought with condotierri as the majority of their armies.
That's true.

Holy Rome UHV goal 3 should require at least 4 or 5 settled Great Artists in Vienna. I mean even Tibet UHV requires 5 settled GPs, and for Holy Rome who has way more cities and food resources only 3? I used a Great Prophet and Great Engineer to start a golden age and still got 3 Great Artists by 1450 AD, and another one coming in 15 years, so at least 5 should be required.

I think the assumption would be that one is producing GPs other than artists - in the case of Tibet, prophets are definitely favored.

Maybe a goal that would make more sense is to produce 3 Great Artists in Vienna rather than to settle them.

Can you change the description of the Nuclear Power Plant to "Small risk of nuclear meltdown" instead of "Small chance of nuclear meltdown"?

Top Bottom