Suggestions for Dynamic Names

No if France is reduced to Canada then it should be called Quebecois France

Or just Quebec, or even New France. New France is better in a way because it can encompass all of North American France, as opposed to just Canada.

Yes forgot about New France, much better. (Lol my last history class was 2 years ago)

New France is already the name for the Americans when they are vassalized by the French.

Spoiler :
If Indonesia is reduced to only Java: Kingdom of Mataram
If France is reduced to only Canada: Kingdom of Canada
If Portugal is reduced to only Brazil: Kingdom of Brazil
If Turkey is reduced to only Turkey: Sultanate of Rum

Spoiler :

- You seem the expert on this area here, I'm sure it's the right suggestion.
- Not Quebec?
This actually makes a lot more sense they a straight Brazilian Civ. I'm not very familiar with this area of history, but didn't Brazil have the very unusual manner or getting independence by the Portugese King fleeing to Brazil?
- I thought Sultanate of Rum was the default for that already. On a sidenote, Turks should only spawn if there is a least 1 Seljuk city in Anatolia/Armenia.

In the unlikely event (ok, probably impossible... unless you love playing Classical civs into the Enlightenment like me) that Phonecia survives and/or founds (not that uncommon) converts to Christianity, that should be renamed to Syria or Palmyra, with the adjective of Syriac or Aramaic.
Small pockets of the indigenous Syriac culture survive today, and were demographic majority in the area well after the Arab conquests.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriac_language

Simerlarly, Babylon should be called Mandea, with the adjective Mandean if they are Christian. Or alternatively, Christian Kingdom of Assyria. They should only be called Iraqi later if they're Muslim, which will be 99.999% of games anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandeans

Persia is always dully called "Persian Shahdom" if they do not have their Empire, seemingly no matter how late they survive.
Perhaps they are there and exact conditions or too stringent, but they should be called Sassanid Empire later.
If they convert to Greek Catholic Church, perhaps Nestorian Shahdom [of Persia]? For Roman Catholic Church Chaldean Shahdom [of Persia].
...Maybe Pahlavi or Parthian Empire too, but they weren't really Persians.

This actually makes a lot more sense they a straight Brazilian Civ. I'm not very familiar with this area of history, but didn't Brazil have the very unusual manner or getting independence by the Portugese King fleeing to Brazil?
yes, it was unique for having been the Potugese empire's capital for several years, but then again, it still declared independence on its own. It had a peaceful Indpendence attempt too. As in only a few thousand died from the fighting. This was considered peaceful at the time when you compare all the Latin America war of Independence and I believe the bloodiest of all them, the American Revolution, which helped to spark the rest. At which point Brazil started as the Empire of Brazil. Helped the guy leading Brazil was the Portugese King's son, so as a result, it was a monarchy. Which was also truly unique for the colonies.

If the capital of a civilization is on the literal opposite plot of the planet and doesn't have it as historical, they should be "The Lost Settlers of ____"

Or just Quebec, which makes a lot more sense.

OR. Nouvelle France. Which is just New France but in French. Of course, this would only be the case if Dynasticism was adopted.

This seems to be about civ names, not city names as I thought it might be, but I'd be more than happy to transliterate/render city names (or find the renderings) in various languages where there's not a suitable alternate name - the Chinese name for Vijayanagara is Píshēyénàjiā, for instance.

If the capital of a civilization is on the literal opposite plot of the planet and doesn't have it as historical, they should be "The Lost Settlers of ____"

Sounds cool, but it has a ring of something taken out from a sitcom :lol:

"And now, a brand new episode of... The Lost Settlers of Tibeeeeeet! In this episode, Gyanzo discovers that Lin had an affair with Sonya!"

Sounds cool, but it has a ring of something taken out from a sitcom :lol:

"And now, a brand new episode of... The Lost Settlers of Tibeeeeeet! In this episode, Gyanzo discovers that Lin had an affair with Sonya!"

That crazy lesbian Lin! How does she always get herself into SUCH a mess? :lol:

I thought maybe if Mali is a vassal of America, it should have something to do with Liberia.

American Vassals without should be called "Free Associate State of X". There is precedent for this, it is what Micronesia was classified as until 1986. It's what the US did with a lot of its former pacific territory.

Aztec Ideas:
If 20 cities are located on corn, wheat, or rice: Tlaloc's Chosen
If 25 cities are located on gems, gold, silver, iron, or copper: Tlaltecuhtli's Chosen
If 15 cities are located on marble or stone: Itztli's Chosen
After 50 sacrificial alters are built and 50 units are enslaved: Huitzilopoctli's Chosen
After 10 levees, 30 harbors and 20 lighthouses are built: Chalchiuhtlicue's Chosen
After razing 100 cities: Mictlantecuhtli's Chosen
After building 100 cities: Xiuhtecuhtli's Chosen
After completing the tech tree and building 20 universities: Quetzalcoatl's Chosen
After five cities of at least size 30 reach legendary culture: Xochipili's Chosen
After ten cities (including capital) are built on tundra: Itztlacoliuhqui-Ixquimilli's Chosen

Aztec Ideas:
If 20 cities are located on corn, wheat, or rice: Tlaloc's Chosen
If 25 cities are located on gems, gold, silver, iron, or copper: Tlaltecuhtli's Chosen
If 15 cities are located on marble or stone: Itztli's Chosen
After 50 sacrificial alters are built and 50 units are enslaved: Huitzilopoctli's Chosen
After 10 levees, 30 harbors and 20 lighthouses are built: Chalchiuhtlicue's Chosen
After razing 100 cities: Mictlantecuhtli's Chosen
After building 100 cities: Xiuhtecuhtli's Chosen
After completing the tech tree and building 20 universities: Quetzalcoatl's Chosen
After five cities of at least size 30 reach legendary culture: Xochipili's Chosen
After ten cities (including capital) are built on tundra: Itztlacoliuhqui-Ixquimilli's Chosen

Those numbers are too large for Aztecs.

Top Bottom