• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Suggestions for Dynamic Names

Don't struggle too much ^ ^ ~
In fact it is more valuable to add more citynames of Aztec in the settle map. Names are not enough to use.

The current England as vassal of the Vikings is Danelaw.
I'd like to propose a more complicated version of this one...

English as vassal of Vikings (general) : Danelaw

If England lose his capital.. (Usually London is the one attacked) :

English as vassal of Vikings with capital at Dublin : Kingdom of Dublin
English as vassal of Vikings with capital at York : Kingdom of York
English as vassal of Vikings with capital at Scotland (Inverness, etc) : Earldom of Orkney

Some might be absurd, but just suggestion anyways~
Maya as vassal of Vikings : Danish West Indies
Prussia as vassal of Vikings : Danish Estonia or Province of Osel
Mali as vassal of Vikings : Danish Gold Coast or Danish Guinea
Maratha as vassal of Vikings : Danish India

Looks like you still haven't filled my suggestion about Aceh Sultanate so here I write again with some links and also more Ottoman vassals suggestions..

Indonesia as vassal of Ottoman : Sultanate of Aceh

Austria/Hungary as vassal of Ottoman : Upper Hungary
Russia with capital at Ukraine (Kiev) : Crimean Khanate

Sources

Please don't expect me to reply to every suggestion that is posted.

I know. It's just seems strange that nobody reacted to my controversial suggestion ahahaha ;)
Sorry.

Russia with capital at Ukraine (Kiev) : Crimean Khanate

As a vassal of Turkey?

For an independent Russia with the capital at Kiev, Kievan Rus' would be perfect.

If the Russian capital is at Novgorod, name it as "Novgorod Republic". If the capital is at Pskov, name it as "Principality of Pskov". Likewise for Ryazan and Smolensk. If it ends up at Lvov, name it as "Kingdom of Galicia–Volhynia". Otherwise, keep it at "Principality of [capital name]" until they relocate their capital at one of the cities mentioned above, or Moscow (after which Russia should be renamed into its current pre-1580 name of "Grand Duchy of Muscovy").

For Spain, spawn it as "Kingdom of Asturias". At year 900, rename it to "Crown of Aragon" if the capital is at Barcelona/Zaragosa/Valencia, "Kingdom of Galicia" if the capital is at La Coruña/Santiago, "Kingdom of León" if the capital is at León/Oviedo/Salamanca, "Kingdom of Castile" if the capital is at Santander/Burgos/Toledo/Madrid/Valladolid/Albacete, and "Kingdom of Navarre" if the capital is at Bilbao/Pamplona. After 1230, cases for Castile and Leon should be merged and it should be named as "Kingdom of Castile-León". "Kingdom of Spain" should only come up after 1516.

For Byzantium, "Eastern Roman Empire" shouldn't be used in the case of a respawned Rome.

For America, "Confederate States of America" should only trigger when it's already (or past) 1861 and they didn't switch from forced labor yet. Readopting forced labor should bring the CSA name back.

America as a vassal of Vikings: Vinland.
By the way, what triggers 'Empire of Columbia'? I thought it was for Commie Americans, but apparently Bureaucracy triggered it.

It's their monarchy name.

Thank you :)

Have you any ideas for the Habsburgers? Holy Rome just vassaled to Spain in my game, and I think an union between the HRE/Spain is best represented by the Habsburgers. Maybe Habsburger Austria/Spain would work?

Speaking of the HRE, there are a few titles that could be used for their generic vassal's name, like Landgraviate.

For specific countries, Prussia could be the "Upper Saxon Circle", and the Dutch the "Burgundian Circle".

Copied from RFCE with minor adjustments :)

BYZANTINE
V of Spain : Duchy of Neopatria
V of Viking : Varangian Roman Empire

FRANCE
V of Byzantine : Exarchate of Gallia
V of Arabia : Emirate of Frangistan
V of Viking : Duchy of Normandy
V of Turks : Eyalet/Principality of Frangistan

VIKINGS
(Before Dynamically changed to Sweden)
V of Arabs : Emirate of Iskandinavya
V of Turks : Eyalet/Principality of Iskandinavya

(After Dynamically changed to Sweden)
V of Arabs : Emirate of Isves
V of Turks : Eyalet/Principality of Isves

GERMAN (Prussia)
V of Arabia : Emirate of Almanya
V of Byzantine : Exarchate of Germania
V of Turks : Eyalet/Principality of Almanya

HUNGARY/AUSTRIA
V of Byzantine : Exarchate of Sirmium
V of Arabia : Emirate of Avusturya
V of Turks : Eyalet/Principality of Avusturya

SPAIN
V of Turkey : Eyalet/Principality of Ispanya

ENGLAND
V of Arabia : Emirate of Britanya
V of Turks : Eyalet/Principality of Britanya

PORTUGAL
V of Byzantine : Exarchate of Lusitania
V of Arabia : Emirate of Portekiz
V of Turks : Eyalet/Principality of Portekiz

I suggest to change the insignificant name of Kilia with the more important Odessa

I've been meaning to ask, why "Empire of Columbia" ?
Can't find anything on the web about it.

^ May I suggest:
Fascist USA: New World Order
Communist USA: United State of America

"Empire of Columbia" I think is a leftover from Rhye.

Since the USA were never anything close to a monarchy, I needed to make up a name, because I think it should show when it's actually a Republic. Styling itself an empire makes sense because Brazil and Mexico did that, too, and Columbia is a common synonym for the US.

It's what named the District of Columbia, for example. American Empire is of course possible, too.

It would be about as fitting as calling the French Empire the Mariannian Empire. ;)

Maybe it is just how it is written as 'Empire of Columbia' as opposed to the 'Columbian Empire' that kind of chafes my chuckles. The former has a passive feel to it and doesn't fit with its international counterparts.

Since the USA were never anything close to a monarchy, I needed to make up a name, because I think it should show when it's actually a Republic. Styling itself an empire makes sense because Brazil and Mexico did that, too, and Columbia is a common synonym for the US.

We could have the Empire of San Francisco, Leoreth, for Monarchy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

Top Bottom