Superheroes!

It sounds like the show's just begging for an outrageously out-of-character Pietro to be introduced into the supporting cast. This is assuming underlying theme(s) to do with family...
The popular theory is that Pietro was killed in Ultron partly because of the conflicting rights issues with the Fox X-Men movies, and that he could come back now, if they wanted him to. Personally, I see no reason to bring the character back. He served mainly to propel Wanda into being a superheroine (a rare example of a male character getting "fridged" to propel the story of a female character); I feel like resurrecting him would compromise that, and he wasn't an interesting enough character that I feel like we need him back.

Outrageously out-of-character Pietro. Comedy. :yup:
I wouldn't be against that. I wouldn't mind it if they recast the character. It might be moot, though. I have the feeling WandaVision will be leaving the realm of comedy soon.

Even so. Pietro played over-the-top as NOT a jerk wants to write itself and rupture organs everywhere with the golden funny. -And I reckon if you're right, hey, that thing they do in horror movies when they slide in a gag to put you off-guard for the next slash? Works. And this begs to be a real kind of horror.

He was a jerk in MCU?

I didn't think he was too much of a jerk. I liked the banter with Hawkeye.

Another thing I forgot to mention: Someone somewhere proposed the idea that the people who are recurring in the tv ads are Wanda & Pietro's parents. afaik, there isn't a single thing to suggest this, but it's a nice idea.

Another thing I forgot to mention: Someone somewhere proposed the idea that the people who are recurring in the tv ads are Wanda & Pietro's parents. afaik, there isn't a single thing to suggest this, but it's a nice idea.

Well the first ad seems to be a reference to the bomb that killed her parents. I'm not sure how the 2nd and 3rd ads fit into that theory since they are Hydra references. So maybe?

I freaking love WandaVision

Spoiler Episode 4 :
We're watching an episode of a show where the characters are watching previous episodes of the same show :rotfl:

But what happened to Bumble Bee Man? When Monica entered Wanda's world she became integrated with it, same as Bumble Bee Man. Yet when Wanda realized Monica was from the outside world she threw her out. So does that mean Bumble Bee Man is also in the outside world? Or did Wanda wipe his memory and re-integrate him? Or is he entirely erased from existence? I hope the show doesn't forget about him and we find out.

Zemo looks pretty good. I could probably do without the fur around the collar, but I like how the steely, light-grey trenchcoat contrasts with the purple stuff. Have to see it in motion, but the mask looks good, too. I'd say these costume designers are really figuring out this superhero stuff. I'm sure some of us remember Cyclops' zinger, "What were you expecting, yellow spandex?" Boy, that was a long time ago.

Fur collar comes from original 1960s from-the-40s Baron Zemo, an Avengers/Cap villain. :yup: This isn't nearly as embarrassing.
Oh, it could definitely be worse. :lol: If you have to have a fur collar, this one's alright, I guess. I think the comics version of Zemo got rid of it entirely a long time ago. (Although there was that time the fur moved from the donut around his neck to his shoulders. I'm not sure which was uglier.)

I was thinking his coat is more like a "greatcoat" than a trenchcoat. It kind of evokes an old-fashioned military look, which fits the character's WWII roots. This one claims to be a reproduction of a German military M40 greatcoat (not a spoiler, I just couldn't find a small image of what I was looking for):
Spoiler :

The world/cinema is not ready for the Kirby imagination, I guess. Too bad. I'd sorta like a straight camp-serious Avengers flashback movie that didn't try to be a darn thing but the Original Avengers fending off/beating up the Original Masters of Evil in a whiz-bang old school adventure story. Be funny if Thanos had knocked the entire MCU to date out of continuity.

So is this guy supposed to be more Original Zemo or Son Of Zemo?

The world/cinema is not ready for the Kirby imagination, I guess. Too bad. I'd sorta like a straight camp-serious Avengers flashback movie that didn't try to be a darn thing but the Original Avengers fending off/beating up the Original Masters of Evil in a whiz-bang old school adventure story. Be funny if Thanos had knocked the entire MCU to date out of continuity.
I never read Dr. Strange much, but I had the sense that the movie did a good job of recreating Kirby's trippy visuals in live action. As for an old-school Avengers, I'd be down for that. I guess I'm a little surprised there isn't an animated movie along those lines. I know the DC characters get period-specific movies a lot. There was a version of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns that was pretty good, and there's a WWII-set Justice Society movie coming out soon, I think. I remember seeing Stana Katic's name on it. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some of that for the MCU. I think What If..? may do that, to some degree, although of course it won't be in-canon material by definition. I would love to see some of late '60s/early '70s-era adventures of Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, and I have a pitch for The Invaders if anyone at Disney is reading this. :p

So is this guy supposed to be more Original Zemo or Son Of Zemo?
Not really either, but certainly closer to the latter. In the MCU, he's a former Sokovian special forces/spy whose family were killed in the battle with Ultron. So rather than being modeled on the archetype of the sinister German scientist, he's modeled more on the agent of a Cold War-era Eastern European spy agency, somewhere in-between John LeCarre and Tom Clancy. I was surprised they called him Baron Zemo on that picture I posted above. iirc, he's just Zemo in the MCU. I almost wonder if that's a slip by whoever made it, who wasn't super-familiar with the MCU movies and just Googled the character.

Yeah; animation IS the only way it'll happen, alas. But it MUST happen. All of that action the traffic will bear, if they'll push the boat out for quality...

Action - I didn't mean a pun, but yeah; all of that action the traffic will bear.

I just saw the first four episodes of WandaVision. Having seen Bewitched way back in the day, I recognised the 60s pastiche and of course then the 70s stuff. I was expecting an 80s vibe for episode four but then of course they mixed it up again.

I must be living in an alternate reality, because this trailer actually has me excited for a DC movie! :eek: That trailer music is just .

Trailers are their own art-form. I think some of the trailers for these Warner Bros DCEU movies have been better than the movies. The 2015 Comic-Con trailer for Suicide Squad was exceptional, but I still haven't heard anyone say they liked the movie. :lol:

I must be living in an alternate reality, because this trailer actually has me excited for a DC movie! :eek: That trailer music is just .

At first blush, I was asking myself "Is this real or one of those fan created things, like when somebody set the Solo trailer to Beastie Boys' Sabotage"? But it appears they are doing a Justice League 2, so I guess that's what this is.

On another note... I mentioned in another thread that I think they should re-cast Black Panther as Dewshane Williams, I'm watching him in The Expanse and he's similar enough looking (and sounding) to Boseman to pull it off.
Trailers are their own art-form. I think some of the trailers for these Warner Bros DCEU movies have been better than the movies. The 2015 Comic-Con trailer for Suicide Squad was exceptional, but I still haven't heard anyone say they liked the movie. :lol:
I liked the movie ;)... But yeah the trailers are better. :p

But it appears they are doing a Justice League 2, so I guess that's what this is.
It's a re-cut/re-edit of the first JL movie based on Zack Snyder's vision/footage before he had to leave the project. Here's a wiki article on it.

I think this pretty much sums up the difference between this cut and the theatrical:
While the basic framework of the story is the same, dozens of additional scenes, backstories, mythos, worldbuilding elements, new characters, and teases for upcoming films are present in Snyder's version but not the theatrical release. Zack Snyder's Justice League will not include any scenes shot by Whedon for the theatrical cut, and former Warner Bros. executives Jon Berg and Geoff Johns—who oversaw the production of the theatrical release—chose not to retain credit for Snyder's version.

Snyder has stated that his version of Justice League will not be set in the same continuity as Whedon's version. Jason Momoa said that James Wan's Aquaman (2018) takes place after Zack Snyder's Justice League rather than Whedon's version. Similarly, Wonder Woman (2017) director Patty Jenkins said that no DC director considers Whedon's Justice League canonical, and that she had worked with Snyder to ensure Wonder Woman maintained continuity with his film.

Last edited:
Top Bottom