1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by abradley, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

2. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

thats because she knew what she would do given the situation

3. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

You can't un-cross that Rubicon

4. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

We're in the Late Republic period already. Might as well get things over with.

5. adcarrymaokai

adcarrymaokai Emperor

To quote a tweet, "girl power is when you don't retire at 77, so that a decade later your replacement can be tom cotton or ted cruz." RBG was selfish, elitist, and racist. She voted for all oil pipelines going through native lands, she voted for all crime bills, she called Colin Kaepernick an idiot, etc. Even Kavanaugh hired more non-white people than RBG.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
    Socrates99 likes this.
  6. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Moderator Action: We already have a SCOTUS thread, so from now on, please restrict this thread to matters about Ginsberg's life, legacy and so on. Thank you.

7. amadeus

amadeus Civ2 / Law and Order!

In my staunch-Republican days, I thought of Justice Ginsburg as kind of an ideological arch-rival that was bent on undermining Constitutional governance. Now, I can’t say I have the same view. I think if I read some decisions or dissents written by the court, I feel like I can at least understand her reasoning and maybe even agree with the decision even if I’m not happy with its conclusions insofar as they affect policy.

Despite those disagreements, the loss of Justice Ginsburg is a loss to good Constitutional government; I hope her replacement is as competent as her.