Supremes will strike down Obamacare?

Will Supremes strike it down? Hope they do?

• 0-1% chance, hope they do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.x-5%, hope so

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 5.x-15%, hope so

• 15.x-30%, hope so

• 30.x-46%, hope so

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 46.x-54%, hope so

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • 54.x-70%, hope so

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 70.x-85%, hope so

• 85.x-95%, hope so

• 95.x-99%, hope so

• 99.x-100%, hope so

• 0-1% chance, hope they don't

• 1.x-5%, hope not

• 5.x-15%, hope not

• 15.x-30%, hope not

• 30.x-46%, hope not

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • 46.x-54%, hope not

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • 54.x-70%, hope not

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 70.x-85%, hope not

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 85.x-95%, hope not

• 95.x-99%, hope not

• 99.x-100%, hope not

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Take a look at the way they used to calculate unemployment stats and get back to me.
They don't bother to count people who count people that stopped looking for work.

Well people who have stopped looking for work shouldn't be counted in the statistic because the statistic is counting the number of unemployed in the labor force. If you stop looking for work then you are no longer part of the labor force and should not be counted as part of the statistic.

Now on to the article you posted:

1. Your source is of questionable repute. Newsmax clearly has an agenda. It can be seen in their motto and in their reporting style.

2. No where in that article does it state the unemployment rate is 22%.

So you have still yet to show how you arrived at the 22% statistic. You also have yet to demonstrate how money is being taken from whites with absolutely no return on their invesment and minorities are getting something for free on the white man's dime.

A question for conservatives, it seems most of you agree Social security and medicare are constitutional, if that is the case would Medicare covering all the population be constitutional or not ?

There is no bone of contention that the Feds can simply do this and call it whatever if it is funded by a tax.

To understand this, let me give you the Obamacare fight made simple.

Pols give away free ponies for votes. Paid for by taxes.
Pols rinse repeat ad nauseum.
The public pushes back on taxes.
Pols discover deficit spending. More free ponies.
Debt spirals and the public pushes back on spending.
Pols deliever health care free ponies with non-constitutional payment mechanism (the mandate).

Conservatives are using the mandate as a way to pull down the law even though the mandate was a conservative inititive and we don't mind it much. But we hate the expanded role that the government is grabbing thru Obamacare and conservatives really sincerely fear that we are headed to a financial catastrophe.

The liberal establishment (aka the moderate republican establishment, McCain, Romneyfeller, Rove, etc.) opposes Obamacare as a means of regaining power. These people are more than willing to risk national bankruptcy, Romney is just another silver spooner whose objective to achieve more than his daddy did and willing to slaughter as many nonexistent ponies as necessary to do it.

The point is simply this. The country cannot honor its obligations. Unfunded obligations are simply too big unless massive change occurs by some means.
Conservatives are by no means less interested in the health and well being of American citizens. We are just aware that free ponies are not really free.

Just what we need another scam to take more of white taxpayers money and feed it
to minorities too lazy to work.

So I guess I'm a minority because I didn't pay taxes this year? I guess my white friends are minorities because they're on food stamps? That's nice.

Given the conservative track record last time conservatives controlled the Presidency and both houses of Congress, that seems a dubious claim.

Your problem is that you still don't get that most republicans are not conservatives. I will just keep trying to get that point across.

Edit: Its my fault. Its our fault. We have to find a way to make clear to the people what conservatism is.

Your problem is that you still don't get that most republicans are not conservatives. I will just keep trying to get that point across.
Your problem is that you've yet to understand the No True Scotsman fallacy.

So where do I find conservatives? Somalia? Iran? Your signature? Because if so, there is plenty of free ponyism there.

So where do I find conservatives? Somalia? Iran? Your signature? Because if so, there is plenty of free ponyism there.

Time machine back to t766

Portray it for what it is. Free ponies to the poor for votes. Pols do not care what skin color the vote is, they are just paying for the vote.

Listen, you can repeat trash like this ad nauseaum, but it doesn't make it correct.

From what I've gathered, & admittedly I'm not all *that* into politics, there is only 1 conservative at any given point in time & it's the person currently saying that everyone else is not a true conservative.

The people of this forum are brighter and more educated than the walking around population. To those I would offer the concepts of distributionism and paleoconservatism as the neighborhood of my ideology but in fact, as the country shifts to right, as it certainly is in the process of doing, a new conservative ideology is being formed.

The new ideology of lower taxes?

From what I've gathered, & admittedly I'm not all *that* into politics, there is only 1 conservative at any given point in time & it's the person currently saying that everyone else is not a true conservative.
I think that's like 40% of the population.

Thats not an unfair observation. Conservatism is evolving. This ongoing primary process is a bit like creative political destruction. Nominating Romney is the political equivalent of filing Chapter 11.

America experience a political realignment during the Civil Rights Era. We are undergoing this process again. As the country moved left then, we are moving right now.

Make no mistake, as Obama would say. The enemy of true conservatism is the moderate Republican establishment. Its more important to proffer serious primary challenges to incumbant Republican Congressmen than to get Obama out. When the center is destroyed, the establishment GOP and the Blue Dog Democrats, there will be room in the center for a rightward shift. Its coming.

And then, hopefully, we can get silly things like that petty 19th Amendment repealed.

Continue to delude yourself. If there's a shift to the right, it's to Romneyism.

The new ideology of lower taxes?

The issue of tax rates is a red herring.

Tax rates do not matter. There is no dirrect relationship between tax revenue and spending. If we raise taxes and revenue by 50%, Congress will respond by raising spending by more than 50%. This is the issue. We still go bankrupt. Therefore raising rates does nothing.

We will have to have an amendment to the Constitution to force Congress to make tough, responsible choices. There is no other way to avoid financial catastrophe.

The developed world is living under a collective delusion. All of my life we have heard, "In a country as rich as America no one should do without (fill in the blank).

Thats delusional. The reality is this: "In a country as brokeas America we can't afford (fill in the blank). Because the reality is that we are a debtor nation. We will continue to be one until some event dispels the delusion under which we grope blindly.

We are become a nation of mental patients wrestling in the muck, contesting over the reins of immaginary ponies.

I like how increasing spending is free ponies and lowering taxes is fighting a corrupt system. I'm reveling in your internally consistent belief system. It's like non-Euclidean space. It's sound, but not reality.

Top Bottom