Suriyothai of Siam : 3D animated, era specific leaderhead.

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator

Suriyothai of Siam - made especially for Sword_Of_Geddon :) . You'll find that the pcx folder includes three bonus SU_all files for the foreign advisor screen. These are for use in single-era or double-era scenarios/conquests.

City list (thanks to psycow87 and Calgacus):
Bangkok
Nahkon Ratchasima
Nakhon Sawan
Ubon Ratchathani
Khon Kaen
Chiang Mai
Hat Yai
Sara Buri
Phet Buri
Rayong
Hua Hin
Chumphon
Lampang
Nan
Nahkon Si Thammarat
Ban Na San
Phuket
Phatthalung
Trang
Songkhla
Khlung
Ratchaburi
Ban Sang
Ta Khli
Surin
Buriram
Tak
Kalasin
Roi Et
Phun Phin
Lop Buri

Civilopedia entry (with thanks to Sword_Of_Geddon):
#RACE_SIAM
^The Siamese are $LINK<commercial and religious=GCON_Strengths>. They start the game with
$LINK<Ceremonial Burial=TECH_Ceremonial_Burial> and $LINK<The Alphabet=TECH_Alphabet> and build
$LINK<war elephants=PRTO_War_Elephant> instead of $LINK<knights=PRTO_Knight>.
^
^According to Chinese historical records, Thai people founded the Nanchao Kingdom in the southern part of China which is the present-day Yunnan, Kwangsi, and Canton provinces. Later, due to the invasion of people from the north, a flood of Thai people migrated southwards into Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Sukhothai, and as far as Chao Praya Basin. They settled down in the peninsula's Central Plain under the sovereignty of the Khmer Empire whose culture influenced on the fundamental Thai culture in those early times. After some time, Thai people accumulated their power and finally founded the independent state of Sukhothai around A.D.1238, which marks the beginning of the Sukhothai Period.
^While the two existing Khmer and Mon Kingdoms' were in decline, the Thais began to emerge as a dominant force in the region in the 13th century and finally set up the independent city-state in the upper area of central Thailand, given the name as "Sukhothai" or "the Dawn of Happiness". During the Sukhothai Period, Thai cultures came to its golden age, particularly under the reign of King Ramkamheng the Great. He led Sukhothai to its prosperity of power, economy, religion, and arts. The state's territory under him extended to most of Malaya, Laos, eastern and central Thailand as well as some vassals of the Mons in Burma. Theravada Buddhism was also introduced to the kingdom. Trades with China and other parts of region prospered. However, under the successive kings after Ramkamheng, Sukhothai declined and was eventually subdued by the mightier state of Ayutthaya in 1350.
^Established by King U Thong (renamed King Ramathibodi I), Ayutthaya came into its dominance over other Thai principalities in the mainland Southeast Asia. Ayutthaya kingdom is centered on the western side of the Chao Praya River basin, expanding its territory to the whole central Siam, from Sukhothai to the north to Malay Peninsula in the south. For the next 417 years, Ayutthaya was a capital of Thai state in which Thai people strengthened their identity, both as a unique group of people and as a nation through language, art, and culture.
^Ayutthaya experienced constant struggles for the throne inside the court itself as well as the external conflicts with its neighbors among which Burma was the chief enemy.
#DESC_RACE_SIAM
^
^The conflicts came to a head in 1767 when Burmese troops invaded Ayutthaya and succeeded in capturing the capital. Despite their overwhelming victory, the Burmese did not retain control of Siam for long. A young general named Phraya Taksin and his followers broke through the Burmese encirclement and escaped to Chantaburi. Seven months after the fall of Ayutthaya, he and his forces sailed back to the capital and expelled the Burmese.
^Praya Taksin united his force and decided to transfer the capital from Ayutthaya to the site closer to the sea so that it had a more defensive position and benefits from trades that were then necessities for the re-establishment of the kingdom; hence the new capital of Siam-Thonburi on the west bank of the Chao Praya River, just opposite the present-day Bangkok. Despite the unification of most provinces, there were still internal struggles and constant conflict with Burma. Thonburi lasted only 15 years as the capital of Siam. Taksin, reportedly going insane, was forced to abdicate the throne and was eventually executed.
^After Taksin's death, the former general of Thonburi, Chao Praya Chakri, ascended to the throne, claiming himself, King Rama I, the first king of Chakri Dynasty of Rattanakosin Period. Fearful of Burmese attack, King Rama I transferred his capital from Thonburi across the Chao Praya River to the present site of Bangkok, and gave it a Sanskrit name as "Krung Tep" or the "City of Angels". The kingdom with its re-established capital and its boundaries secured from warfare paved the way for arts, architecture,
and culture to flourish again. The Grand Palace, magnificent temples and many other constructions are a result of the attempt of King Rama I to revive the splendor of Ayutthaya in his new capital. The succeeding kings also led Siam to its prosperity of religion, arts and international trades.
^During the reign of King Rama IV and King Rama V, Thailand modernised and opened diplomatic relations with the western world, overseeing the dramatic development of the nation. Thailand retained its independence throughout the colonial era due to the shrewd diplomacy of its leaders. Thailand changed from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy in 1932; the country's name was also changed from Siam to Thailand with the advent of democratic government in 1939.

Wow thats Great :goodjob: For the UU you could use Utahjazz's Siamese Swordsman.

1st non R8XFT post :p

After much searching Utah's Siamese swordsman can be found here

While brousing older threads I found this thread that has a collection of city lists and has a siam list but I dont think it has leaders.

Thanks for the positive comments :goodjob: !

Thank-you for the info, psycow87. I've put the city in post 3; the link also had a list of great military leaders.

I like the Siamese swordsman, but I was thinking of the War Elephant; although it's used by India, I'm strongly thinking of Siam replacing India in my mod. Surely there'd be room for both elephants in a mod where both countries are included - Siam's elephant could, for example, be a replacement for the horseman instead of the knight.

Oh my God... :crazyeye: R8XFT... she's terrific! Between you and CivArmy, you guys are making sure that I'll never finish my mod!

hey.. BTW, I think I am partial to the Medieval head which didn't make it...

Great! We need more female leaders around here.

Nice work, I love the first three eras! BUT I was wondering about the gleam or brightness in the left eye as the head rotates - is that as striking in game?

Also is there any chance of an alternative modern version (even just the industrial in front of the new background with the same dress in a different color? The suit just doesn't do it for me for some reason, it doesn't seem to match up with the first three eras in style either.

edit - On further study I think its the tie and vest, together they really make it look to me like a mans suit. Maybe a modern era with just the jacket and a blouse?

But regardless I'm going to have to squeeze the Thais into my game now! :)

Yep, I think they look great, too, except for the modern one. The suit makes her look like a long-haired male, rather than a woman.

BTW: All of the small pictures on the side look more feminine to my eye than the larger pictures - is her face a bit narrower in the small pics?

Top Bottom