templar_x´ story of the triel against Memento and Calis as "il cattivo"

templar_x

usually walks his talks
this story already started a little time ago, but now it needs to be transferred to civfanatics and continued here.

if anyone is interested, here you will find how this triel thing started. use the google translater or whatever, everything is in German over there.

in short: Memento, Calis and myself are playing it out on a standard Demigod pangaea map. Always War, no diplo!

if anything is left unclear, ask. ;)

t_x

first, my teaser... this is what i just found in the last turn:

these are Calis´ borders... do you think he will be happy to see me so soon?

i gambled and built 2 warriors, everyone else just 1. and this 2nd warrior i sent exploring, instead of keeping him close to home for exploration and MP. soon we will see whether this pays off...

t_x

Attachments

• triell.jpg
    triell.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 451
and then i need some help from you, who know how the tech discount works exactly. we are playing on a standard map, on Demigod, or so Lanzelot (he handbuilt the map) said, but i cannot figure why the tech costs are as they are.

i think i found somewhere here that the base costs of the first tier-techs should be like:
-BW 102
-MAS 136
-ALPHA 170
-POT 72
-TW 136
-WC 102
-CB 72

and at first it simply looked as if all three of us had chosen a sci/ind nation (agris were out), like Persia (mine, but nations are "hidden") or the Ottomans.

however, the tech prices do not seem too clear to me... this is what the tech costs were in 3900bc, according to civassist:

t_x

Attachments

• techs.jpg
    techs.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 438
and these are the tech costs last turn:

what do *you* see?

t_x

Attachments

• techs.jpg
    techs.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 498
i am close to TW... is everyone else still researching his first tech except Pottery, too? it appears to me to be like that...
t_x

Some days ago justanick postet this one at civforum:
"Eine Standardkarte hat einen Techfaktor von 24/0,7=34,285714285714."

I hope it will help to understand the list of beakers you´ve given above.

not yet. what is the discount for each foreign civ that knows a certain technology?
t_x

i give up. i had used the same numbers you guys suggest before. but they never result in those tech values that civassist shows. which is strange, because until now i had the impression that these values are indeed correct.
t_x

Does Writing costs 274 beakers? 274 Beaker is the number i calculate. It is easy and according to your screenshot civassist appears to agree.

civassist says, yes.

but which formula makes BW have the value of 85, Mas 116 and Pot 58?

t_x

civ assist does not calculate the real costs but only estimates the costs in the same way as you can do with a lot of work via changing the research slider. :gruebel:

82 beakers is the cost of bronze working when 20% discount are applied.

ok, maybe. but in the fist CA-picture, all the 1st tier techs seem to have the base price, except for BW and MAS. which would mean, everyone starts with a civ that is sci and ind. a combination only 2 civs do actually have, but that later.
now, if all 3 players do start with these 2 techs, wouldnt they have to be shown with even lower values?
t_x

I have no idea how CA works but obviosly it does not work correctly. The numbers shown make pretty much no sence.

since only civforum-users are posting here anyway, the story will be continued on the other forum (again).
;)
t_x

hi ignas! :wavey:
you can follow the game under the link in the first post. there were only a couple of turns since though.
t_x

i re-counted the beakers of the techs from the old saves, in-game. this told me a totally different story! if you follow the story on civforum as well, you can see what i believe could be the civs of my opponents.

to me this says that civassist shows nonsense numbers in PBEM-games. or at least in my win7-configuration where i could hardly make civassist run anyway...

t_x

At least you got it to run. I still don't know what went wrong. I'd also like if you could at least occasionally post something about this game of yours. =)

Top Bottom