1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 2 Nomination Thread - Chieftain

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by Methos, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Skipper1989

Skipper1989 Chieftain

Is it not true that you can be an ineffectual dictator?

Mine was not an insult. It was a play on words to create a tag line. Nobody resorted to insults which I duly pointed out as petty.

The race is merely an interesting one. I don't hold anything personally against Nobody and I would hope he doesn't with me. I am merely participating as I see fit.

2. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

One question for every candidate:

How do you think to interact/connect/whatever yourself (and your Ministers)

with the Elders?

Best regards,

3. Skipper1989

Skipper1989 Chieftain

If I was elected, Elders would be allowed to express their view but ultimately the decision would rest with me what was to be built, if we were to sacrifice civillians to do it etc. However, most of lesser important tasks would be taken care of by the Minister of the Interior who would collaborate closely with the Elders.

Thanks

Skipper

4. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I've always been of the mindset that if were going to play a team game than we need to work as a team. I'll push for all officials to discuss their views and plans with each other, so that a better discussion can be had and all ideas can be considered.

I would ask each official to post their term plans in their official thread, so that they can be discussed and considered, just as I plan to do for my own plans. This way, we all know, both officials and citizens, where our leaders wish to take our great empire during their term.

5. Skipper1989

Skipper1989 Chieftain

Skipper's Civics

Government Civic:
    I think that our overall aim should be too pursue Universal Suffrage for the obvious benefit, that if we grow wealthy enough, we shall be able to use money to hurry production. However, I think the merits if a Police State need serious consideration as it would be of great use to use if we plan any wars of expansion, which I believe we should.

Legal Civic:
    I think we should make our first goal to reserach Civil Service thus enabling us to opt fr the Civic Bureaucracy. This +50% gold and production in our capital city could be of great benefit to us when we are trying to build up our gold reserves and the production could be used to help our military grow to the size our large empire will require. From here we can research Nationalism which will allow us to adopt Nationhood. The drafting ability this will give us will allow us to free up units at home for a prolonged war or for a war in which we will make much territorial gain.

Labour Civic:
    Slavery must certainly be what we go all out to achieve. The ability to sacrifice population for production will only serve to help us widen the gap in our favour between ourselves and rival nations. This must be a civic we attempt to achieve. From here we could move to Serfdom and perhaps, Emancipation.

Economic Civic:
    We must go all out to establish State Property. This is the only civic that will allow us to grow and maintain an Empire.

Religious Civic:
    If the people are determined that we should found a religion then our aim must be to adopt Organised Religion which will allow us to build 25% faster in cities with State religion. However, our overall goal must be to pursue Free Religion.

6. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

ISn't OR too expensive on levels above noble? ;)

7. Skipper1989

Skipper1989 Chieftain

The question should not be "is it too expensive", it should be "is it worth the cost" which I believe, if we want to go down this avenue, that it is.;)

8. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

Since its so expensive, I don't think it is worth the cost. Plus we don't have a religion, so its useless. ;)

9. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

deleted post