Term 3 - No. 10: The Presidential Office

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
Welcome to No. 10, the err "Presidential" Office for Term 3!

Over the past two terms, Fanatannia has changed from a small, weak, backward nation, trapped in a tiny corner of the world, to a strong nation rapidly spreading across the continent. No longer will we cower in the corner; our Settlers (backed up by our army ;) ) will spread across the continent until we nearly dominate the world. And we will build. We have learnt of this thing called Culture and although it will take some time we know will eventually lead us to victory!

Please use this thread for your questions and comments.

Lets build that Culture!

Presidential Office:
President: Furiey
Vice President: Chieftess

Cabinet:
Consul for Domestic Policy (Home Secretary) - greekguy
Consul for External Policy (Foreign Secretary) - Bertie
Consul for Cultural Policy (Secretary of State for Culture) - Stuck_as_a_Mac
Consul for Resources and Technology Policy (Secretary of State for Trade and Industry) - Rik Meleet
Commander of Armed Forces (Secretary of State for Defence) - zyxy
(Director of Commerce (Chancellor of the Exchequer) - no longer an elected post - well nearly anyway)
Director of Infrastructure ? (Secretary of State for Transport, Work and Pensions) - Ginger Ale

Governors:
Governor of Fanashire - mad-bax
Governor in waiting ? Noldodan

Judiciary:
Chief Justice - DaveShack
Judge Advocate - mhcarver
Public Defender - Black_Hole

Administrative Offices and Threads:
Notary of Names - MOTH
Information Office Front Desk - ravensfire
Election Office - Strider
Chancellor's Office (Budget Thread) - please request your gold here.

Presidential sponsored Discussions and Polls:
Discussion: Where do we want our Palace and Forbidden Palace?
Poll: Do we want to move our Palace?

Term 2 Presidential Thread is here

network: irc-chat
rooms: #turnchat (for the official chat), #demogame (for general demogame discussion)
If you don't have a chat client you can use the Java client supplied at the bottom of the forum (between Forum Rules and Upload File)

In the event I don't make it to a chat, the Chain of Command is as follows:

Vice President - Chieftess
Domestic - greekguy
External - Bertie
Culture - Stuck_as_a_Mac
Resources and Technology - Rik Meleet
Military - zyxy
Infrastructure – Ginger Ale

Chat Schedule is now up. I would have liked to have held the first chat this weekend, but as that would be the first day of the term, I think that more time is required for the new officials to get settled in and hold the appropriate discussions and polls. So unless you all scream like mad that you want something this weekend, the first turnchat of term 3 will be on Wednesday 4 May.

Turn Chats will generally be held on Wednesday evenings GMT and Sundays.. The times will be listed in GMT and in 24 hour format. For times greater than 12:00 subtract 12 for PM. I will also try and list one of the US time zones. If I post the time conversions wrong, please don't hesitate to correct them. In the case that I do get the conversions wrong, the GMT time is always the correct one. I am currently on GMT+1 (due to daylight saving), but will use GMT for all times.

Later dates are provisional to give an indication only, weekday times are unlikely to vary much, but I will vary the weekend times and probably have some chats on the Saturday rather than the Sunday as well.

Turn Chat Summary Thread is here links to individual summaries will be added when they are posted.

Turn chat 1 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Wednesday, 4 May – 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2:00 PM) Eastern Daylight Time (7 Turns only)
Turn 0 - 90BC | Turn 5 - 10 AD | Turn 7, 50 AD | Chat log | Summary

Turn chat 2 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Sunday, 8 May - 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2:00 PM) EDT (8 Turns only)
Turn 0, 50 AD | Turn 5, 150 AD | Turn 8, 230 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Turn chat 3 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Wednesday, 11 May - 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2:00 PM) EDT (4 Turns only)
Turn 0, 230 AD | Turn 4, 280 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Turn chat 4 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Saturday, 14 May - 16:00 GMT, 12:00 (Midday) EDT
Turn 0, 280 AD | Turn 5, 330 AD | Turn 6, 340 AD | Turn 10, 380 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Turn chat 5 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Wednesday, 18 May - 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2:00 PM) EDT
Turn 0, 380 AD | Turn 5, 430 AD | Turn 10, 480 AD | Turn 12, 500 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Turn chat 6 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Sunday, 22 May - 12:00 GMT, 08:00 (8:00 AM) EDT (9 turns only)
Turn 0, 500 AD | Turn 5, 550 AD | Turn 9, 590 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Turn chat 7 - Turn chat Instruction Thread
Wednesday, 25 May - 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2:00 PM) EDT
Turn 0, 590 AD | Turn 5, 640 AD | Turn 10, 690 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Turn chat 8 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Saturday, 28 May - 16:00 GMT, 12:00 (Midday) EDT
Turn 0, 690 AD | Turn 1, 700 AD | Turn 5, 740 AD | Turn 7, 760 AD | Turn 10, 6790 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Turn chat 9 - Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Tuesday, 31 May - 15:00 GMT, 11:00 (11 AM) EDT
Turn 0, 790 AD | Turn 3, 820 AD | Turn 4, 830 AD | Turn 5, 840 AD | Turn 10, 890 AD | Chatlog | Summary

Would Ministers please use the following when giving instructions:

As this information is disappearing back into the depths of the forum, here's the original game settings:

Civ Version: Conquests 1.22
Seed: 0
World Size: Large
Barbarians: Random
Land Mass and Water Coverage: Random
Climate, Temperature and Age: Random

Civ: England (Fanatannia), therefore we are Commercial and Seafaring
Opponents: 11 Random

Victory Conditions on: Domination, Space, Diplomatic, Conquest, Cultural
Other Conditions on: Preserve Random Seed, Allow Cultural Conversions, Allow Scientific Great Leaders
All other conditions were off

AI Aggression Level: More Aggressive
Difficulty: Emperor

Term 3 Starting Position: the Year is 90BC.
We are strong. We have captured the core of Indian territory and are well on our way to doing the same with the Dutch. Technology wise we have reached the middle ages and are researching Engineering at minimum rate. Despite going for a cultural victory, our culture is pitiful - all we have is the palace in our capitol Camelot :cry: . But that is to be expected. For before we can win culturally we need lots of cities with lots of culture, and to get the space for that means war :ninja: ! Our culture situation should start to change as we are now also preparing for Republic and that will give us a breathing space to start to build :D .

Ms President,
Re: Notary of Names
I will be on vacation for most of this term. I was looking for an apprentice, but the one applicant had to back out due to real life commitments. I will open a term 3 thread for a nice neat tidy place for the names to be listed. If you can find another volunteer that is fine with me too.

I will be able to post instructions for the first turn chat to include the renaming of the two Dutch cities we currently own as well as the next dozen or so from from the Term 3 CoC and from the first 2 pages of the Citizen's registry.

As for Unit Naming, all that remains from a first pass through the citizen's registry is a few special request units. Assuming that my proposed Code of Laws change goes through there should be little in the way of Unit naming that must be continued.

Speaking of domination... remember it's 67%, not 60%. ;)

Welcome to the Presidency Madame Furiey.
I hope I will not have to be of services to you :lol: j/k I am sure this will be a great term.

Thank you everyone.

MOTH, I will link to your new thread and try and find someone to keep things going whilst you're away - have a good holiday!

Chieftess, keep reminding me :D - there might be a navy I need reminding about as well soon ;).

Black_Hole, I too hope I don't require your services and hope that this will be a quiet term for the judiciary allowing you to concentrate on ironing out the last wrinkles in our laws. I certainly live in hope don't I!

Furiey said:
Chieftess, keep reminding me :D - there might be a navy I need reminding about as well soon ;).

:lol: Atleast we're on a pangaea, not continents this time...

I wonder if the President has any plans for the Unemployed citizens who wish to still remain active in the government.

Ms President,
Just a friendly reminder that the constitution requires a TCIT 3 days before a scheduled turn chat. If you wish for a TC on Wed I believe you need to setup a thread today.

Could you also put the times in EDT too?

I'm not sure what 18:00 GMT is. 12:00pm EDT? 1:00pm EDT?

It helps to actually read inside the thread.

Time: Wednesday 4 May, 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2PM) EDT
Of course, it also helps to know conversions off the top of your head. ;)

Ms President,
There is a new Term 3: Notary of Names Thread. Post #2 has a list of 38 names for cities using the Term 3 CoC and the 1st 3 pages of the Citizen Registry. Post #3 has a handful of pending unit names should we get to the point of building the appropriate units.

I will post in the instruction thread the next few city and unit names, but you will likely need to refer to this thread for future chats.

Top Bottom