Aloha(5) - Library finished, Forge in 18, Growth Stagnant
Hello(4) - Axeman in 1, Growth Negative
Hej(3) – Barracks in 5, Growth in 2

Workers
Plumber – Starts road, finished in 2
Builder – Moves 1S
Brick Layer – Starts road, finished in 2

Busy turn today
Sirians Eyes follows road SW, sees WheelVille. Also finds Rice and Clams in the surrounding area

Looking at WheelVille itself it has an unpromoted warrior guarding it. There are 2 buildings, one is a Hindu Temple, the other I don’t recognize but it could be there to denote a Holy City.

Also Loco has changed to Organised Religion. They might have been the ones to found Judism but this doesn’t entirely make sense to me. They are spiritual so why wait 4 turns to switch?
Piffle has whipped at its Capital (went from size 6 to 5)
Hellos borders have expanded revealing no other barbs are in the near vicinity

Now Aloha will take 18 turns to build the forge but this will be shorter as I will move from working the water tiles to the mines during this time but I am trying to balance the research time for Maths and the amount of food stored, so expect all 3 cities to experience changes in build times over the next few turns as well as the research time for maths. I think the forge will be built around the same time maths (10-12 turns) is discovered so we can get the forest chops going from the beginning of the Colossus build.

Metal Casting Finished, Mathematics in 9
Research 100%, 109g -4gpt

Nice to see some active posting.

To answer some questions, the current plan of builds is
Aloha : (Forge) - Colossus
Hello : (Axeman) - Settler
Hej : (Barracks) - Axeman - Settler
(xxxx) denotes current build
After that its pretty open but i would like to throw in a worker or 2.
Now health is not an issue for us but happiness is. Currently the max happy pop we can have is 5 in Aloha and 4 in Hello and Hej, so Aloha and Hello are at max and Hej will be in 2 turns.

As far as getting a religion, given our research path only Taoism is within reach thats still available so thats worth some discussion. I would like to get sailing after Maths but after that we have a few ways to go.

Are we sure we want to use forest chops on this wonder? I think we are far ahead in the race for it so we do want to waste forests? But maybe it is possible that people are closer, but looking at the religions founded and scores, it appears most teams researched smaller techs and at least spent some time getting a religion

Taosim is where we should head IF we go for a religon...its possible to win without one. Does everyone one else have a religion?

robboo said:
Taosim is where we should head IF we go for a religon...its possible to win without one. Does everyone one else have a religion?

If Piffle got Judism then they didn't make it official yet. The reason to go for a religion in this game is the absoulte lack of happiness. Our cities could support 9-10 pop on a health basis.

As it stands we can go for caladar and get the dyes or go for Taoism to get an extra happy face. We can get 2 with a temple under Taoism but then there is the risk of missing out. Maths will take around 10 turns and another 4 or so for sailing gives us plenty of time to consider which way to go.

Turn 86 725BC

In Aloha Today
Alohan Military grows!

Cities
Aloha(5) - Forge in 9, Growth Negative
Hello(4) - Axeman finished, Settler in 10, Growth Stagnant
Hej(3) - Barracks in 4, Growth in 1

Workers
Plumber - Finishes Road
Builder - Starts Road, finished in 2
Brick Layer - Finishes Road

Sirians Eyes follows the road in WheelVille. See mined glass hill off to the west. Will continue following the road.

Barb spotted NW of Hello / E of Hej. New axe set to intercept.
New Axe has a promotion available. He can have strength 1, woodsman 1 or city raider 1. Personally i'm leaning towards strength so we can get the melee bonus with the next one.

Mathematics in 8
Research 100% 105g -4gpt

Strength one is the way forward, chances are we wont be attacking any cities with axes anytime soon :)

can we get a demo screenie next time robi?

BCLG100 said:
Strength one is the way forward, chances are we wont be attacking any cities with axes anytime soon :)

can we get a demo screenie next time robi?

Sure no problems.

From memory, depending on the tiles we work we are 2nd to 4th on gold and 1st to 3rd on production. We are around 4th on food 3rd with soliders and pop and 1st on land area.

Turn 87 700 BC

In Aloha Today
Innovia discovers Alphabet

Cities
Aloha(5) - Forge in 8, Growth Negative
Hello(4) - Settler in 9, Growth Stagnant
Hej(4) - Barracks in 2, Growth in 14

Workers
Plumber - Moves 1 SE, starts road, finished in 2
Builder - Finishes road
Brick Layer - Moves 2 NW

Sirians Eyes follows road southwards. Finds pigs and reveal continuing road

Axe given strength 1 promo. Moves to take on barb. Should gice us an XP and another promo oppertunity.

Innovia and Loco have signed an OB agreement
Innovia's discovery of Alphabet shows them we have Hunting and Metal Casting. We see they have Mysticism and Alphabet.
I think to get things moving we could offer a trade of Hunting(57 beakers) for Mysticism(71). Also given that apart from sending the OB agreement, they seem to be our nearest neighbour and generally on the ball they could be good technological partners maybe even more.
Anyway BC, you have work to do:)

Mathematics in 7
Research 100% 101g -4gpt

And heres the demographics screenie for 87

Gandhi....its OK we are researching a at good rate. The financial machine takes a few 10s of turns to develop.

Ill get to work on the diplo tomorrow probably, i have an assignment due in in 12 hours or so, so i need to get it done :(

Turn 88 675 BC

In Aloha Today
Barb threatens Hej

Cities
Aloha(5) - Forge in 7, Growth Negative
Hello(4) - Settler in 6, Growth Stagnant
Hej(4) - Barracks in 1, Growth in 13

Workers
Plumber - Finishes Road
Builder - Moves 2N
Brick Layer - Starts road, Finished in 2

Sirians Eyes runs into a bit of a dead end. He discovers a new Innovian city, Chowdertown their 4th. It has clams. I've also mapped out a proposed exploration route

The barb didn't take on our axe, but instead moved into our borders towards Hej. Whatever he does he is dead next turn. Alos highlighted is a new forest NE of Hej.

I sent an informal message to Innovia saying we had interest in a trade so they can at least chat about it before BC send a more formal offer.

As for our shrinking gold reserves, i think we can continue at full speed research until maths is done, then we will have to look at balancing the books

Mathematics in 6
Research 100% 97g -4gpt

right run 0 pr 100 is supposed to net a higher research rate and gold in your pocket. I however rather cut the rate down.

I read where DaveMcW says its better in his mind to run as high as he can either just losing or just making gold. He supported his comment based on a little math but it made just as much sense since unlike civ3..civ4 does round and keeps overflow.

I personally like to run it and toy with the rate...if I can get the tech in time to have a worker connect or build what the new tech allows or if my city que will end at a certain turn. I change my research rate probably almost every 3-5 turns in some instances.

I think we can play with our rate later and only run surplus gold when we have a capability to upgrade units until we can buy units.

I've done some fiddling with the sliders during the turns (yes im that boring, got a problem:p) and from what i've seen the 0%/100% is BS.

When we first started Math it was 9 turns. Had we done 1 turn at 0% that would have given us +26g followed by 9 turns at -4 for a net of -10g and Maths in 10.

When i put it on 90% Maths still would have taken 10 turns but we would have run at 0gpt for 10 turns, which is a net 0, instead of -10g
On 80% we would have done Maths in 10 turns but got +2gpt for the 10 turns
or a net +20g, which is way better then switching between 0/100%

Try it yourself load the 750BC save. Move the spear back into Hello and move the worked tile off the farm and onto the Hamlet (producing 3g). That give you Maths in 9.

I can't tell you for sure but i believe the 1.61 patch changed it so it rounded up instead of down to reduce MM.

Turn 89 650 BC

In Aloha Today
Barb causes damage before dying. Turn played in less 12hrs

Cities
Aloha(5) - Forge in 6, Growth Negative
Hello(4) - Settler in 5, Growth Stagnent
Hej(4) - Barracks finished, Axeman in 5, Growth in 12

Workers
Plumber - Moves SE - E (to fix road)
Builder - Starts road, finished in 2
Brick Layer - Finishes road

Sirians Eyes goes onto hill. Sees lots of sugar around.

Barb cuts road. Axeman kills him without getting as much as a scratch. Will have a promo available next turn. Maybe he has done enough to earn a name:)

Mathematics in 5
Research 100% 93g -4gpt

interesting they have sugar and we have dyes..looks like we can expect resources clustering.

I'll ask kemal(beta tester) when hes next on msn but i saw some calculations verifying the whole 0/100% thingy :)

Top Bottom