Terrorists suspected in attack in China's Muslim region that kills 16

They're not soldiers in a combat zone, what the hell? Ambushing police officers in peacetime =/= legitimate war.

Its not peacetime. Unrest, attacks, and fighting have been going on in Xijinaging for quite some time. We just don't usually hear about it since China likes to clamp down on things like that. Anyway police officers are legitimate targets to guerrilla attacks.

If I shot one of those doofuses standing outside Birmingham Palace, would that be legit? NO

Yes.

Maybe you or your friend should take revenge like this man. Man fatally stabs 5 police officers in Shanghai

He killed actually 6 police officer(one died in the hospital) and seriously injured 4 in the police station with a knife. Seriously can someone kill and injure that many polices in the police station even with a machine gun in US?:eek:

Why should I kill police like this maniac? He would face death sentence. I don't wanna die. Case closed.

By the way, police inability and brutality were two sides of a coin. Here big gangs have US level weapons, armed cars, explosive etc. Did I say Somalian level?

Why should I kill police like this maniac? He would face death sentence. I don't wanna die. Case closed.

By the way, police inability and brutality were two sides of a coin. Here big gangs have US level weapons, armed cars, explosive etc. Did I say Somalian level?

The rumor is that he will be kept alive to train the a new generation Chinese super soldiers.

It is sad that on regular duties, Chinese police (with the exception of Armed Police, SWAT and Special Police) don't even carry guns. They are all locked up in the armory for special occasions.

Its not peacetime. Unrest, attacks, and fighting have been going on in Xijinaging for quite some time. We just don't usually hear about it since China likes to clamp down on things like that. Anyway police officers are legitimate targets to guerrilla attacks.

US also classified those East Turkstian or whatever as terrorist. I guess that did not really helped with their movement either.
Being muslin really sucks.:crazyeye:

Attacking internal security personnel is a legitimate action by any resistance movement.
To attack civilians such as in a cafe is certainly a terrorist action..
from what appears to have happened, an assualt on a police station is not terrorism in the least. it is an act of war and should be treated as such..
it would be nice of course if the minorities in china got to decide how they lived their lives..but the way the chinese empire works....people such as the tibetans and the uyghurs get systematically marginalised, dispossesed, and ultimately outnumbered in their own land..
the uyghurs may wish for independence, but unfortunately, i doubt they will ever get it...
but who knows what will happen? the tartars were almost purged out of existence once upon a time, now they are making a massive demographic comeback in south western russia.

BTW nice new avatar.

C~G donated it to me :)

from what appears to have happened, an assualt on a police station is not terrorism in the least. it is an act of war and should be treated as such.

They are not legal combatants, and they attacked civilians during peacetime. Terrorists.

They are not legal combatants, and they attacked civilians during peacetime. Terrorists.

Really? So do you think then that the american army are terrorists for invading Iraq? after all the US government didnt declare war upon Iraq. Technically they were in a state of peace.

Police are not civllians. They enforce Chinese rule in Xinjiang and belong to the Chinese government. Guerrillas.

But the man stabbed policemen in SHANGHAI.... Police officers in Shanghai aren't exactly part of the Xinjiang departments...

Attacking police officers in Xinjiang should obviously be different than attacking police officers in the PRC's heartlands...

But the man stabbed policemen in SHANGHAI.... Police officers in Shanghai aren't exactly part of the Xinjiang departments...

Attacking police officers in Xinjiang should obviously be different than attacking police officers in the PRC's heartlands...

it was Kashgar actually, the news report you read probably went
'shanghai-'
that just indicates the correspondent wrote from there, nothing more, nothing less.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/05/china1

"There is no religious freedom," said a student. "I can only wear a long dress and headscarf at home because it is forbidden at my university." Teachers in the public school system are dismissed if they grow beards, which are seen as a sign of religious belief.

At the Idkah Mosque in the main square, the authorities have posted up a sign warning worshippers that they are committing a crime if they visit Mecca as individuals, rather than going on a tour organised by the state-affiliated religious organisations. "Organised and planned prayer is national policy," begins the document. "Muslim citizens should not believe the lies of those who want to organise illegal trips."

Since the start of this year, the authorities say they have arrested 18 criminals who were trained overseas.

Some Uighurs fear cultural assimilation and the plunder of their oil and minerals resources by the Han ethnic group, which makes up the vast majority elsewhere in China. Since the communist party took power in 1949, Han settlers and their families have gone from being less than a tenth of the Xinjiang population to more than half.

it was Kashgar actually, the news report you read probably went
'shanghai-'
that just indicates the correspondent wrote from there, nothing more, nothing less.

Actually, I read a completely different article from chauism about the man stabbing policemen in Shanghai, not the OP <_<

Top Bottom