The Brit awards and fashion

It's all in vain, though. Ok, you can be remembered for wearing a clown costume, but this will too be forgotten the moment something series has to take its place in immediate memory.

Almost everything and everyone is forgotten eventually, and if you are a celeb its not in vain if it keeps you in the spotlight a moment longer.

There's a cost too, even for that momentary boost in references: you aren't taken seriously.
Besides, isn't he (and the rest in this group) a musician? If so, they have to actually produce music that people like, to stay "relevant" (to the degree they are relevant, but I suppose locally they are, to be in the show).

There's a cost too, even for that momentary boost in references: you aren't taken seriously.
Besides, isn't he (and the rest in this group) a musician? If so, they have to actually produce music that people like, to stay "relevant" (to the degree they are relevant, but I suppose locally they are, to be in the show).

Pop stars aren't taken that seriously for the most part and often find work as "actors" of a sort, on game shows/reality TV shows etc, even panto for all of which it helps if people remember you.

It's all in vain, though. Ok, you can be remembered for wearing a clown costume, but this will too be forgotten the moment something serious has to take its place in immediate memory.
Your avatar is you in a fancy hat! :D

you aren't taken seriously.

After seeing that hat on Princess Whatsername (don't remember if it was Beatrice or Eugenie), I don't take her seriously.

There's nothing wrong with celebrities branching out to do other kinds of performances or creative endeavors. In the theatre I knew people who could act, sing, dance, and were great at building set pieces and designing and building props. Not that these people fit the definition of a celebrity everyone knows about, but the point is that they were multi-talented people when it comes to performing and creative arts.

As for models doing this... some are multi-talented, and some aren't. It's hard to tell, because so many runway models have such dead, empty expressions on their faces, like there's nobody home inside. So the test comes when they actually try something and whether or not it works.

I like quite a few of these unironically. But as wearable outfits only the bikini and furs makes any sense to me, for certain weekends out.

Top Bottom