The Computer/Console games music thread

Right, so I won't list the FO3/NV radio list; that would be useless. Instead, I'll take the splendid FO/FO2 soundtrack made by Mark Morgan. Here's the soundtrack of both games. For CFC, I'll just post one or two videos...

Link to video.

Link to video.

Another favourite soundtrack of mine is that of Rise of Nations, a great game. Rise of Legends still didn't happen, by the way.

Link to video.

I've been in love with the Kingdom OST for quite a while. Also the stuff C418 did for Minecraft. If you like 8bit, I can also recommend the Undertale soundtrack.

I long ago got hold of a copy of the AoW soundtrack. I love all the tracks on it. :)

Andreas Waldetoft is a great composer. :)

The Grand Theft Auto games have pretty great soundtracks.
Of course they have. It is a compilation of the greatest hits of a given decade. Not fair to compare it with 8-bit Amiga tracks. :sad:

I really loved the soundtrack for all of the Mass Effect games. Not sure which one I liked best, probably the first one.

The Mass Effect soundtracks are probably the best. 2 in particular. 3 became a bit more cinematic, which was good at times, but the general background music was still borrowing from 2. My favourite track is Tali's:

Link to video.
It plays during the combat in Tali's mission & the Collector Base, and then again in 3 on Rannoch & the Cerberus Base. So it's emblematic of the use of music in combat which the game was so good at.

The Beyond Earth soundtrack was also very good.

Link to video.
That's the track that plays when you first encounter a Siege Worm or Kraken.

Mass Effect 2? Actually reminds me that this one is one of my favorites, too:

Link to video.

I thought it was really clever that Saren's theme in ME1 is also the death music throughout the entire franchise. It doesn't matter when you die, Saren is still mocking you, even after his death. :)

I have a few obligatory responses for these threads. There's Ace Combat music, of course. There's an awful lot to choose from there, but "Zero" from Ace Combat Zero is definitely my favorite.

Link to video.

Runner-ups: Operation: BUNKER SHOT (AC04), The Liberation of Gracemeria (AC6), Supercircus (AC5), Farbanti (AC04).

I am also a fan of the Dragon Age: Inquisition soundtrack, especially the main theme, the tracks from the final battle, and those from the Trespasser DLC.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Reboot Tomb Raider's theme for Lara Croft is superb as well. "The Ritual" incorporates both Lara's leitmotif and Queen Himiko's in an awesome way. "Do What You Must", from Rise of the Tomb Raider, just amps Lara's theme up to 11.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Props again, also, to SS-18 back in August for mentioning the Hell March. Hell March 2 is the best version, although all three are excellent. "Grinder" also deserves a mention.

It plays during the combat in Tali's mission & the Collector Base, and then again in 3 on Rannoch & the Cerberus Base. So it's emblematic of the use of music in combat which the game was so good at.

Actually, "Infiltration" - the track you're probably thinking of from the Collector Base - is slightly different than the Tali leitmotif and her combat music ("Gathering Charges").

Both of them, the Tali themes and the Suicide Mission ones, are freakin' great, too. (Especially the End Run.) So's ME3's Rannoch/Geth Dreadnought theme, which has a combat segment that also plays in the multiplayer during objective waves.

Baba Yetu from CivIV is simply awesome. My favorite of all time.

I like the instrumentals for most of the Galciv series. But the lyrics are a little stupid, if anybody actually pays attention to that.

Top Bottom