The cossacks conversion collection 2

Originally posted by Johann MacLeod

yes, but what could we use them for in Civ3?

the best use would be to attach them as munits but otherwise they have no use. if theyre in the front, back, or side of the units they could just play hip hop or something and the units duke it out. but thats rather unnecessary and i believe they are completely useless.

Do you know that you made then civ collored?

(you certanly knows, but i ask because wasn't only the generics)
In one way or another, i liked very much.

The coat of the Prussian Grenadier could have some civ collor detail? I believe that it will be a unit of this kind of "need", cause it is all blue...

Great work, spetacular units, thank you and thank the cossacks game designer for those amazing grafics!

PS: French Grenadier: Didn't have been listed or don't exist?

I know they are civ colored.
My policy is as follow : the units from Shaun Fletcher are historically designed, so they will keep the original colors.
The Prussian grenadier will remain blue. I've tried to make some details red, as the historical one, but colors are mixed and it's not easy.

The other units are not so historical, so they can have civ colors.

Beside, the Turkish pike is the only "arab" pike available. so it may be shared by Ottoman, Egypt, Babylon, Persia civ. That's why I think it's better to keep a civ color.

French grenadier : none available :(

Excelent ideas!

About the turkish pikeman: you could made a little bit more civ collored.
The polish is perfect, i'm already using it like polish pike and venetian pike for rome (i use red to rome, so this unit feet with the venetian musketman)

The Prussian: The Bavarian unit it's unbelieveble, so the prussian will, some how, left...

I'm thinking about using it like a french grenadier - i know that this will be an historical "murder", but if it have the red detail...

The french grenadiers were white, correct?

Thank you again and good bye.

Originally posted by Steph
The most common colors for French army were grey and white, depending on the period.

But it was not the only one. Some regiments had brown, blue, green coats. There were even some red one! :eek:

"Uniforms" of this time varied dramatically from unit to unit.

"Regiments" were still often constituted by a nobleman given a budget and commander's rank and pretty much did as he pleased; remember, pre-Napoleonic France, these were autocrats in autocratic societies.

As part of the process of "regimentation" was the establishment of the regiment as a basis for esprit-de-corps, its unique symbols etc. were extremely important, and various quirks of regimental tradition persist to this day in various modern armies -- e.g., Welsh regiments being allowed to wear a leek in their caps on St. David's Day.

-Oz

Yes, but for a "playable" game we need some "line".

French units with red or green predominant will be confuse...
My german units of the 17-18 c are grey and white, to feet some french unit in grey or white, i will need some red and blue details.

The british made our work easy: their units falow always the same padron (line).

Steph, one question:

The AoK Janissary had something real?
There was a time that they look like that?
The hand-cannoners of the game have exist with that look?

I ask because i am almost finish the handcannoner, and i am not sure about how put this units in the fire arms line...

Originally posted by Steph
The most common colors for French army were grey and white, depending on the period.

But it was not the only one. Some regiments had brown, blue, green coats. There were even some red one! :eek:

and don't forget that pink regement!

you aren't going to civ color the Prussian fusilier, and ad the saxon units are you? since they are pretty accurate as to what they should be. (plus we need something to match the prussian grenedier)

Prussian fusilliers and saxon infantry may have some civ color, depending of where it is. When I will make them, I will check if it fit historically. And don't forget it's not always easy to change, when a civ color is mixed in the middle of another, or when a part I want to be civ colored is exactly the same shade as a part I don't want to be civ colored : than I would need to change the pixels one by one in all the frames :eek:

Originally posted by Costa e Silva
Steph, one question:

The AoK Janissary had something real?
There was a time that they look like that?
The hand-cannoners of the game have exist with that look?

I ask because i am almost finish the handcannoner, and i am not sure about how put this units in the fire arms line...

1,2,3... That's three questions, not one ;)

The AoK Janissary is not historical at all. The very first one, of the alpha version of AoK, was more reallistic.
Cossacks Janissary is pretty good.
The hand-cannoners did exist with a similar look, but they were very few, and I don't see the point in adding them in civIII.

and don't forget that pink regement!

Several regiments had pink colors, but it was only in cuff or lining, no regiment had a pink coat, except in CivIII!

well i know the prussian one is pretty accurate, im not sute about the saxons though.

Well, the grenadier would be correct, if I use the red as the civ color, but the fusillier isn't. He should be white with green facing.

Top Bottom