The Fantastic Adventures of George W. Bush!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullbones

Captain
So, what I'm asking is for people to post reasons why they are supporters of Mr. Bush and to post positive things he has done. This is inspired by a recent thread I read which had many points that could possibly put Bush in a bad light. Please don't misunderstand me. I am neither claiming to be Pro-Bush nor Anti-Bush. Just curious, I suppose.

*Hopefully this will turn out better than some of my other threads. :p

This thread seems dangerous, I hope it doesn't turn ugly

That said, Although I disagree with his current war plans I admire his ability to help recover the nation from Sept 11

He does have that under his belt. However I think he went a bit to far.

And if it turns out that he can actually liberate the people of Iraq, then good for him.

I rarely support Bush, however I commend him on choosing an excellent cabinet.

He has such a good heart, he can become friends with even the meanest of Republicans. Something he has done better than the previous president.

He had a good comforting message for the country after the Columbia disaster.

Originally posted by JollyRoger
He has such a good heart, he can become friends with even the meanest of Republicans. Something he has done better than the previous president.
Well I'm not trying to rip you up, but I think this is more a sign of politics over "a good heart." And considering Bush is republican, whereas Clinton is a democrat, that helps a lot to show why Bush can become friends with the meanest of republicans while Clinton couldn't.

"I have a bad feeling about this"

Broad opinion threads about controversial leaders are too inviting to trolling and flaming, at least when both moderators are about to crash out. Maybe I will open it in the morning when I can periodicaly monitor it. In any case it is baetter to deal with specific issues of the leader, rather than wide open 'what do you think about him' threads.

As a (european) liberal I don't think I would ever vote for GWB, if I would wake up as an american tomorrow.
I simply have other opinions about most political issues.

As a 'leader of a nation' he has my respect! IMHO there are few world leaders that come close! The whole thing about him being dumb is way too easy. GWB is not a pur sang diplomat: He simply says what he has to say! That way it is not that strange he makes mistakes.

GWB is probably the most powerful leader in the world. Not only because the USA is the most powerful country in the world, but also because in the american poltical system, relatively much power is in the hand of the leader.

Having (and thus using) these powers will always cause al lot of criticism. This makes that GWB is not only the most powerful man in the world, but also the most insulted one.

He seems to acknowledge the fact that we're spending way too much on healthcare, and that malpractice litigation is a huge contributor.

(sorry, Lefty) ;)

Reaffirming America's position in the world, and showing proper resolve to act in times of crisis. Something I've missed.

I sometimes wonder if he says the things he says so that Europeans and other lefty pinkos like me will complain. And then the US people can get behind him about how the Europeans are putting the US down.

Anyway just a thought. I don't really mind Bush that much, it's Cheney and Rumsfeld that I despise.

/may contain polemic/

He has a good sense of family. And he does believe that people who have supported you in the past should get a break from you once you're in a position to grant that. And he is very inventive in finding new ways to make use of nature reserves. And he shows you that you don't have to give up on yourself if you're in your thirties and have problems controlling your alcohol and other substance intake - there is always a bright spot ahead for you.

/when I think of it again, the first and the last point are actually good things/

Originally posted by Peri

May I ask what that is exactly?

You may, if you're a nice boy. :) :cool:

Bush states real American values, our position in the world, and what to do about it. He's not afraid of showing the world what our goals are and what we will do to achieve them. Take Afghanistan as a fine example. If we had listened to the world, sure everyone had their say on the matter, but if we'd taken their advice; Mista Taliban and their compadres would have stepped up their sinister oppression of their people, along with the plotting of other terrorist activities to sap and crush America. I doubt Clinton would even have taken the step to open up the Afghan front, and certainly not Iraq. That's the kind of resolve needed when you're infiltrated with loonies from east and west every single day.

He's Christian. And he's good at handling those pesky terrorists. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom