The future of Fall from Heaven

I, for one, like the Facebook group of Fall From Heaven and have been a member for some time now. FFH is kind of like the final screening in an epic personality test.

I'm not against Facebook per se.

I find it perfectly likely (since it has happened before) that I might miss a message I care about on Facebook since I don't check it religiously. Therefore I'd prefer an email list, where I know if I am away for a day or a week the message will still be there when I get back.

Of course, kids today often don't even have an email account (they use Facebook!) so I'm not sure there's one ideal solution.

Well, as opposed to the "Wall" on the Fall From Heaven group ... there is the Message Board/ Discussion Board.

I feel that posting new threads on the Discussion Board for news of the Standalone FFH game would be ideal. (most easily accessible, non cluttered)

Wil Wheaton! LOL. Sorry Ekolite, you are smack dab in the middle of the capital of Nerdtopia! This community is in no small part built by your 3000 posts. You could almost qualify to be mayor. You cannot deny this is your destiny!

Haha well it's my dirty secret :lol:. Most of my posts are in the NES forum and offtopic though to be fair. Not in the actual Civ related areas of Nerdtopia :p

I don't really play civ (or even FFH these days) which is why I'm interested in how FFH is going standalone. I hate the civ4 system so I'm hoping that Kael will improve on that without the tentacles of firaxis intervening. I am interested in the background though which I think is very well done. I used it as the starting point when writing the background for EkoNES (see the link in my sig), which is my own personal twist on the FFH world.

Well congrats on this! It's certainly well deserved considering the ammount of effort that's gone into this games creation. The trailer is pretty awful though.. might be better to remake without so much of the camera warping around.

I don't post often (Expert Lurker)but this is awesome,glad to see that all the FFH teams hard work
will be shared to the masses and will hopeful get what few moders get and thats make some money.

The next game in the Fall from Heaven series is currently in production as a stand alone game....

I've been /afk for the past month so, upon my return, I logged in to see this.

OUTSTANDING!

A very, very warm and welcome congratulations to all the FFH team!

Hooray!

I'll be standing in line for it, even if I don't own a computer, just to be given the chance to pay you guys back for a wonderfully enjoyable game!

It couldn't have happened to a better bunch of people! Congrats Kael and congrats to all those who made it possible.

Not ashamed as such, but people ascociate this kind of game with nerds. I'm not a nerd and I don't want to be seen as one.

Hint - Nerds make the big bucks, live in the nice house, get invited to all the best parties, own the large companies and usually are the ones that make all the really important discoveries that benefit mankind.

Being a nerd is a good thing.

Nerds are the "cool guys" of adult reality, make no mistake. :)

Meanwhile football players make good Marketing/Management businessmen.

Hint - Nerds make the big bucks, live in the nice house, get invited to all the best parties, own the large companies and usually are the ones that make all the really important discoveries that benefit mankind.

Being a nerd is a good thing.

Nerds are the "cool guys" of adult reality, make no mistake. :)

You're confusing inteligent people with social skills with nerds. Nerds become computer technicians.

Yea ... "Nerd" is one of those words that has a thousand different definitions.

And you are setting out to define reality with your own perceptions/definitions

read Relativism, and Zuangzhi (Taoism)
especially the Taoism one

Har Har. Anyways, its cute that Ekolite is all worried about his social status ... and especially sensitive about the subject of nerd

Although, to be fair its probably ever-present within high school and college, but especially high school

A nerd is someone who is extremely into one thing. Like most girls are.

As a psychologist I must say that this description depicts RATHER boys than girls... But, as with almost anything, differences beetwen people of different sex are overshadowed by differences between people of the same sex
Sorry for being so "instructive"

I like Milhouse's distinction: "I'm not a nerd, Bart. Nerds are smart."
Nerd= enthusiastic about intellectual things
Geek= enthusiastic about non-mainstream things, usually that tend in a passive direction, like games
Dork/dweb, etc.= someone with few social skills.

Often with overlap. Anyhow, that's how I understand it, but it's all in the eye of the beholder and irrelevant anyway.

Interesting. This is probably an acceptable distinction.

And then there is also the alternative definition of Geek which applies to an enthusiasm over something especially technological (Computer hardware and Computer software, to name a few)

although this is probably a sub-category of your Geek definition, as useful skills with computer maintenance are often non-mainstream and are often in a passive direction.

Top Bottom