The future of Fall from Heaven

well we've run all out of cake! we didn't think this would be so popular.

Basium really doesn't seem like the Anglican type to me.

Also, Eddie Izzard seems to have left off the part where there really was a sort of English Inquisition, which was arguably worse than the Spanish inquisition because this was so early in the history of the Church of England that no one really knew what positions were acceptable and which were worthy of torture. The right answers of one week would be considered very wrong the next.

Diablo style would kinda rock. But I am not sure how to fit in most of the Lore. Unless you go with Diablo 2 where you were wandering all over the dang place instead of plunging deep into a dungeon crawl.

Imagine the level where you have to break into the Tower of Eyes to fetch Perpentach... Followed by the level where you have to break OUT of Perpentach!

Nooo Diablo style! I hate hack&slash :/
If cRPG - something like Baldur's Gate Saga, Fallout 1-2 or Morrowind, if RPG\RTS - SpellForce or Warcraft 3 style.

Diablo style would kinda rock. But I am not sure how to fit in most of the Lore. Unless you go with Diablo 2 where you were wandering all over the dang place instead of plunging deep into a dungeon crawl.

Imagine the level where you have to break into the Tower of Eyes to fetch Perpentach... Followed by the level where you have to break OUT of Perpentach!

Diablo 2, yeah. that's what I meant...

It should be Rogue-like, Nethack-styled MULTIPLAYER game ;]

Lol ... a third-person (alt-1st person) Shooter slasher ... with squad commands for your team-mates ...

You play as an elite squad of Lanun Arquebus mercenaries. You all have melee weapons as well as your custom made Arquebus forged in the fires of Lanun's best Gun-smitheries.

You are fighting in an Island Chain infested by forces of evil, paid to "liberate" Lanun assets and are paid extra for artifacts you find. You can in turn use the money to buy armor and melee-weapons upgrades ... and even buying rare prototypes (like the Kuriotates Fire-works launcher-> Chinese Rocket Launcher ... or the Svartalphar Repeater Crossbow)

Your first few assignments are towns and cities over-run by orcs, and deeper into the Island Chain you find Shieam elements and begin to face demons. (with occasionally still fighting orcs, ogres, ect)

Eventually you find yourself face-to-face with the Infernals ... and have to sneak around hoards of demons in order to assassinate prominent Infernal Leadership.

At the end of the game, you kill Hyborem's best Fighter/Archmage (2nd hand man, the Dragon) and then have to fight your way through a vast hoard of incensed and enfuriated demons (lots of scary balors, and Beastmasters wielding strange Hellish Creatures) ... many HellHounds and even more Manes/Skeletons.

Then finally, you reach the shore where a small craft is waiting for you, and you escape at the last minute. Then, as you look back, you see a massive Mercurian Fleet setting Shore onto the Infernal lands (accompanied by several other fleets)

That ... would be epic ;)

I'm happy to hear that there will be a future FFH. All the work that is put into this mod should be rewarded.

I didn't read the this entire thread so sorry if I am repeating anything but I have one minor concern...

I love the civ series. I really enjoyed CIV4 and when I switched to playing the FFH version and it's mods, I never went back. FFH has been my favorate way to play Civ 4. FFH makes a lot of changes to CIV4 but it is still very much at it's core, civilization. You still build up an empire from one settler using diplomactic, scientific, military and cultural means.

With civ5 and a new FFH coming out separately, I am wondering if FFH is still going to be civ-like or is it going to move further in a different direction? I personally prefer FFH as a way to play my favorate game: civilization, so I'm hoping it still uses the basic civ formula while adding diversity and an alternate setting as it has done in the past.

Either way, I'm looking forward to see what is being worked on. I'm sure it will be good, whatever form it takes. Maybe it will be a Mario style side scroller. :)

As long as nothing is locked in multiplayer, I'll be happy.

Well, if it turns out to not be a civ-like game, I hope some of the other talented modders make a FFH mod for civ5.

Well, since it will likely be "quite a while" before we see the release of such a game, in the mean time I would hope that talented modders might make an FFH mod for Elemental, coming soon.

To be honest, the only major modders I see making an FfH3 at this point are:
  • Sephi - No idea what he's wanting to do when Civ5 is out.
  • Magister
  • FF team - No idea if they will or not; Vehem has been gone for some time, Kirby has comp issues, Xienwolf has a new child.

I know the RifE team has other plans, and Ahwaric has said he thinks he'd like to make his own setting... Which really, is the important thing.

FfH is Kael's setting. To recreate it, you need Kael, or you need to remain absolutely truthful to the lore. We don't have Kael on our team, and staying within fixed boundaries is incredibly boring for a modder... So I'm not sure there will be an FfH3.

I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I'm extremely doubtful.

Top Bottom