The game that could not be bought

Ziggy Stardust

Absolutely Sane
In may I had a little luck with some cash. Now since there's only one particular game on the PlayStation 3 I like, I never considered buying one. But now since I had some cash, I thought: sod it.

Walked into the shops, got myself a PlayStation 3 and asked for the NHL 2012 game. The PlayStation they could do, the game had to be ordered. Not wanting to walk out gameless I took Red Dead Redemption as a temporary substitute.

After a couple of weeks of waiting, I decided to check with the guys at the shop. They told me they ordered the game, but nothing had come in yet. So I cancelled the order, and thought I'd order it online on bol.com. a 3 to 7 day waiting period. Great! After 8 days, nothing. Checked the order: it said expected to come in yesterday. Mailed them, they told me it could be another 3 to 4 weeks. 1 week later, I got mail. Can't be ordered, here's your money back.

I tried 3 online shops so far. Hampered by not having a credit card (deliberately) I have to do with Dutch shops. Online and offline, game is nowhere to be found. Not even second-hand. A mate of mine does have a credit card, and he was willing to order the game on Amazon for me. By now it's July and NHL 2013 is coming out in September, so I'm not willing to pay 50 dollar for a game I'll only play for 2 months. No worries, they've got 30 dollar second hand ones.

But of course, they won't ship second hand games across the ocean :lol:

I've been trying to buy a game for close to 3 months now. And they just won't sell it to me. No wonder the world is in crisis with this attitude.

So now I have a PS3 and 1 game. But it's not the game I want. :cry:

edit: For a more accurate title, add "By Ziggy" to it.

I've run into all sorts of weird export restrictions when trying to order things from the United States (I'm Canadian), especially electronics and accessories. Your best bet in my opinion is locating someone in the same country as you on eBay that has a used or new copy for sale.

Don't have paypall or credit cards or anything like that. Just me and my bank account.

Am desperate though. But I'm also ignorant, which is a dangerous combination.

@ShadowPlay, nope, not on ebay either.

Lots of links to online stores claiming to have it. Until you order. Then there's an email in my inbox telling me: whoops, don't have it. We'll order it pronto!

Yeah, without a credit card or paypal your options for purchasing things online are very limited.

I have ordered things off e-bay from the UK to the US with no problems. I have also been shipped stuff from Canada to the US and had it shipped return postage paid back to Canada via UPS with no problems. It is expensive though.

The US must have laws in place that it is harder to export from as opposed to import products.

Are the games for the PS3 region specific though?

If you need a middleman I can help. You'd probably be best to set up paypal.

I might take the middle man offer.

But first I'm into German Amazon mode. :)

Little weary of pay pal. I'll look into that as well though. I feel so stone-age.

According to the German Gamestop page, there are a few stores that may have it. Would they ship from one store to another for you?

Ok, so I caved in and made a pay pal account. :)

Thanks for the suggestions fellers.

Still a bit miffed that I had to do this :mad:

For future use, why not get a Visa or MasterCard debit card? I have one and it basically functions like a credit card in the sense you can order stuff on line, pizza, hookers etc but not on credit. It uses your savings.

For future use, why not get a Visa or MasterCard debit card? I have one and it basically functions like a credit card in the sense you can order stuff on line, pizza, hookers etc but not on credit. It uses your savings.

A lot of countries have yet to do that.

Hookers take debit now? While that is convenient, I don't see that working out well in terms of eroticity.

I hate paypal. It should have nothing to do with the modern era.

It is useful though.

Top Bottom