The great CFC chain letter: around the world in 80 days!

That poor camera; it's been to Hellsinki and back.

That pun was terrible. And you should feel terrible.

Bump.

No sign of the camera guys. I fly out on Saturday and was really looking forward to taking it with me and taking a shot from the roof of my nearly finished house, but it's not to be.

So expect delays but flatmate has been suitably bribed to look for it daily and check the post office weekly.

When, not a specific date but a few weeks ago... though through an inexpensive option again. I expect it to get there this time, just slowly.

Sorry for not pursuing this more closely y'all. I'm in the closing month of a big lawsuit.

That poor camera; it's been to Hellsinki and back.

Ummm, well yeah, and this is either tragic, funny or tragically funny but it's on it's way back to Finland.

I went overseas at the start of May and returned a week ago. There was a card saying I had an item to collect. I have worked every day since getting back and today was my first shot at getting to the post office (admittedly, if I knew what I knew now I'd have gone earlier, but as it turns out, nothing would have changed).

It arrived on the 4th of May (which I only discovered today). Apparently after a fortnight if it's not collected they return to sender. They sent a reminder after a week but I had a big stack of mail and didn't look for it since I had the initial card.

So that's that, it's on it's way back to Finland. Sorry guys but you gotta admit, fate has conspired against me to some degree.

Does this Nobody next

Well the first time the post office could not read the address.

The second time they did not put the length of time they would hold the camera on the card they posted.

What will they do next.

By the way, I take no offense at your lack of confidence. It's entirely justified.

I have never actually checked whether there is a date mentioned from when they will instead return the item. Cold comfort I know but I didn't return to Oz in time anyway.

I was in when the camera was delivered to me.

I the UK they keep them for three weeks and you can pick it up on Saturday mornings.
The last time I had to go pick up a parcel I got the bus on Saturday morning, (I do not have a car), out to the sorting office to get the parcel and was most surprised when I opened it.

Spoiler :
It contained a warning triangle to put behind my car!

What a waste of time.

Top Bottom