The great CFC chain letter: around the world in 80 days!

emzie

wicked witch of the North
Thank you all for signing up for this. I'm really excited to see this project finish, though I'm guessing it'll be a number of months. The order has been hammered out as follows:

Contre
Warpus
Valka
Zelig
Orange Seeds(to US)

Syterion
Hygro
Contre's mother. Because I can.
CivCube
Godwynn
VRWCAgent
Mangxema
madviking
Cutlass
Lucy
Igloo (to UK)

Truronian
silurian
Kan
Abaddon
Traitorfish
Boundless (to Europe)*

Algeroth
SiLL
civ-addicted
Cheetah

stuge

rugbyLEAGUEfan (to New Zealand!)

Nobody (to Canada)

Contre

*no one point out the UK is in Europe. I don't need your pedantry here!

26-9-2001 LucyDuke has created a map of the camera's travels which can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10916140&postcount=229

You are responsible for PMing the poster before you on this list with your name and address OR the address of a local post office which can hold the package for you, thus not requiring you to give out your actual address if you so choose. If you wish to use this option, you are responsible for contacting your country's postal service to get required information.

So for example, Warpus is responsible for PMing me his address, Valka is reposnible for PMing Warpus her address and so on. If a member fails to PM you, and doesn't respond to a request for their mailing information, skip to the next poster on the list.

As a reminder, we do have a patron willing to help out other users who find the next step in mailing to be more expensive than they'd anticipated. If you need assistance, contact me (Contre) via PM. Do try and use the cheapest method possible though. There's no need to ship expedited.

Included with the camera will be a small notebook to write notes about the picture you took and why you took it. It may also be used for just about anything else you'd like to write to others. If you so choose, you may also send a small trinket of where you're from to the next poster. This is entirely up to you. I think I shall send Warpus a twig.

I will update the thread as needed with more information as needed.

Spoiler original OP :
AUSSIES / KIWIS NEEDED!

I want to take a virtual vacation. And I want to visit you all. My idea is to buy a disposable camera and mail it to another CFC member. That CFC member will take one picture and then forward the camera to the next CFC member. We chain it location to location, around the world, eventually back to me. I will then have the film developed and I will post the pictures everyone took on this thread.

If you want in, post! The only restrictions are do not take photos that cannot be posted to this site. Other than that, if you want to take a photo of your front door, a coffee shop, of your sofa... or you want to drive for a day and take a scenic photo, it's completely up to you.

A couple of disclaimers.

1: If your location isn't listed, you'll need to add it to your post. I want to try and keep each mailing step efficient, so we're not paying for postage from London, to Sidney, back to Lisbon.

2: You will need to provide your real name and address to another CFC user through PMs. If you're uncomfortable revealing yourself in such a manner, please do not join! If you're uncomfortable with a specific user knowing your IRL info, PM me and I will make sure they are not the link before you.

3: You are responsible for postage to the next CFC user. While I will try and keep each step as short as possible, some members will need to send the package across oceans. This will be more expensive. If you're willing to bear the additional postage to send the camera to another continent, please post as such!

I would really like to have enough members to use up an entire film roll (24 or 27 pictures).

People in:

Contre
Truronian
Zelig
Madviking
noncon
IglooDude
civ-addicted
Boundless
Kan' Sharuminar
AL_DA_GREAT
rugbyLEAGUEfan
Volum
Abaddon
Traitorfish
Cheetah
Cutlass
LucyDuke
Valka D'Ur
stuge
EnglishCrusader
warpus
Syterion
mangxema
SiLL
Whomp
Masada
tycoonist
Alassius

28/37 slots filled!

Definitely in, and lets say from my new location in York, UK!

Instead of a PBEM, it's a PBSM? Cool, I hope it doesn't go the way of most CFC Civ PBEMs, though. I'm up for it.

Oooh, sounds fun. I'm in.

What a cool idea. I'd love to join but I know myself well enough to recognize that I'd just sandbag the whole endeavour and probably lose the camera. ;) Looking forward to seeing the pictures, though!

I am in. However. Why not digital? 27 pics is not a lot.

I may do digital since I can get a cheap one for about the same price. But I still want to limit it to only 20-30 people so the camera finishes the trip somewhat quickly. There is also the issue of charging it if it's not USB... we all have different plug standards.

This is such a good idea. :thumbsup:

I can't participate because of lack of knowledge about my location over the next few months, but I wish you good luck and am making a subscription post.

I would, but my mom is a little bit paranoid and overprotective and without having any knowledge of the context of this situation would definitely be pissed :lol:

I'll pass for now.

Abaddon is in too, from East Yorkshire!

If anybody is remotely interested in a picture of Dundee, then I could contribute.

Top Bottom