• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Great Game: Rise and Fall of Empires

ShiroKobbure

Still modding Civ3
With my Asia mod on hold (because I can't make as many units as I was able to before) I have decided to try something else. Actually this mod started because I was making Meiji and then I made another 19th century leader, and eventually I ended up with a large collection of mid 1800s heads. So because of my heads, the upcoming and present unit/graphic packs from Imperator, Ogedei, Kyriakos, Delta_Strife, Wyrmshadow and others
This mod will be a scenario that starts at around 1850 and ends right after WW1. A time when old empires were collapsing and new ones were rising.

Civilizations:
Civilization: Leader
/UU/UU/

Empire of Japan: Meiji Emperor
/ Konoe Shidan/

Kingdom of Joseon: Gojong
/ Richeous Army/

Great Qing: Empress Dowager Cixi
/ Mounted Banner-man/Beiyang Army/

Siam: Rama IV
/ Mounted Elephant Artillery/

Mughal Empire: Bahadur Shah II

Sublime State of Persia: Fat′h-Ali Shah Qajar
/ Zembouraki Camel Artillery/ Shah's Guard/

Ottoman Empire: Abdülmecid I

Khedivate of Egypt: Ismail Pasha
/ Khedive Guard/ Sudanese Dervish Infantry/

Ethiopian Empire: Tewodros II
/ Oromo Lancer/ Tribal Rifleman/

Kingdom of Morocco: Hassan I
/ Makhzen Soldier/ Berber Militiaman

Boer Republics: Marthinus Pretorius
/ Boer Kommando/ Boer Foreign Volunteers/

Malagasy Kingdom: Ranavalona III
/ Merina Rifleman/ Queen's Guard/

Kingdom of Greece: Otto I
/

Principality of Serbia: Miloš Obrenović I
/

Russian Empire: Alexander II
/ Cossack/

Sweden-Norway: Charles XV & IV
/

United Kingdom of Great Britain: Victoria

Kingdom of the Netherlands: William II

French Empire: Napoleon III

German Empire: William I

/ / Storm Trooper

Austria-Hungary: Franz Joseph I
/

Kingdom of Italy: Victor Emmanuel II
/ /Papal Zouave?

Portugal

Kingdom of Spain: Isabella II

USA: President Grant
/ Indian Scout/ Rough Riders/

Mexican Empire: Maximilian I
/ Royalist Hussar/

Republic of New Granada: Tomás Cipriano

Argentine Confederation:

Empire of Haiti: Faustin I
/the Zinglins/the Cacos/

Kingdom of Hawaii: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_IV
/ Hawaiian Royal Guard/

Culture Groups:
Spoiler :
Asian
Middle Eastern
European/USA
South American

Information:
THE PACIFIC:
Spoiler :
Spain will have all its original Pacific colonies, I'm not sure if Germany will have hers in Tsingtao and New Guinea yet. The Kingdom of Hawaii will have Hawaii and Samoa to simulate the Polynesian Confederation that almost happened under King Kalākaua. But Hawaii will also have a large number of Barbarian Rebels of Missionaries and farmers.

ASIA
Spoiler :
Korea and Japan start one era behind and have to catch up by learning one tech. But their armies are medieval at the start. China starts with a large territory, but with barbarians (rebels) such as Taiping, Boxers, Mongol and Tibetans. Also Hong Kong belongs to Britain and Macao to Portugal.
France already has the French Indochinese Union with minor rebels.

INDIA
Spoiler :
Southern India will belong to Britain and Northern India will belong to the Mughals. But there will be British soldiers in Mughal territory and Mughal armies in British territory, this is to simulate the Indian Rebellion of 1857 and hopefully make relationships between the Mughals and the British bad from the start.

Kyriakos, if you are willing it'd be nice to have an 19th century fort
Spoiler :

and also an updated Meiji and other 19th century cities. :rolleyes:

On that subject.
I not sure what the cultures should be.
Right now I am thinking:
-Asian
-European
-Middle Eastern
-South American

This gives me one extra one. Maybe either SE Asia, which would only be Siam, but the architecture is very different,

:confused:

Attachments

• StarFort.jpg
    StarFort.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 87
Does anyone have ideas for 19th century wonders?

Eiffel Tower, Statue Of Liberty, Trans-Atlantic Cable, Great Exposition (Crystal Palace), First Steamship Trans-Atlantic Crossing, Suez Canal, Brooklyn Bridge, Transcontinental Railway ...

... I'll keep thinking ...

:think: ,

:Dz

Drat, Ozzy, you peeked at my list.

Anyway, here are a few more:

Tesla's Workshop, Edison's Workshop, The Interpretation of Dreams, War and Peace, Great Expectations, The Genro, Congo Free State (an evil great wonder), Great White Fleet, Victorian Age, Krupp Factory, House of Fabergé, Impressionism, Wright Brother's Bicycle Shop, The Raj, Golden Jubilee.

What a wonderful theme for this mod! And very pretty leaderheads! :):goodjob:

1850: Blue Jeans, 1851: Zip Fastener, 1851: Crystal Palace, 1852: Elevator (Otis), 1861: Telephone, 1863: Subway, 1867 Dynamite, 1876 : Cooling machines (Linde), 1877 Wimbledon, 1877 Record Player (Edison), 1879: Bulb, 1883: Lipstick, 1884: Skyscrapers, 1885: Automobile, 1886: Coca Cola, 1888: Beauty Contest (Spa), 1891: Escalators, 1895: Röntgen, Movies, 1896: Comics, Olympic Games, 1897: Gambling Machines, 1901: Flight, 1901: Vacuum Cleaner, 1903: Tour de France, 1904: Hamburger (Fast Food), 1906. First broadcasting, 1907: Persil.

Top Bottom