• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Great Game: Rise and Fall of Empires

The link you provided is for a privately sponsored youth group on Maui; I'm not sure how accurate their uniforms are but it probably doesn't matter at civ scale. There are also several commercial ventures such as King's Hawaiian Village (a shopping center) which have "Royal Guards."

The Hawaii Air National Guard's ceremonial unit is known as the Royal Guards of Hawaii. You can see them here.

The Boer looks good to me.

I think that the uniforms from the Hawaiian Royal guard is accurate, I know its a youth organization, but they look to be based off of British and American uniforms from the mid 1800s. I don't know what the colors mean, but white looked good for it.
Hawaii will get a few more units. Maybe another rifleman and a cavalry unit.

Next early Greek rifleman, its a unit I wanted to make for awhile.

Hey ,its Ándele! Ándele! Arriba! Arriba! Epa! Epa! Epa! Yeehaw! ((Spanish for "Go on! Go on! Up! Up!")
:)

Very nice units , i think i know which civ i will pick hehe

You mean he loses civ color?
I was going to this or this for the Boer mounted unit, the Boer Commando.

Not quite - the grey suit and fedora make him look like any armed civilian from the first half of the 20th century - perhaps something a tad more toward the tan/khaki (matching up to your Boer Commando.)

Nit-picking aside, extraordinary work all around.

Greedily Awaiting It All,

:)z

Yasukuni Jinja and Meiji Restoration are good ideas. I think the Imperial Palace ties in with the Meiji Restoration but as a castle - Edo Jo - it belongs to an earlier era.

I think most of the original Edo-jo was destroyed in 1873 fire. I was going to make the wonder Nijuubashi, but I thought the whole palace would make more sense.
Or it could be "Renovation/Conversion of the Imperial Palace" or "Reconstruction of the Imperial Palace"

I wanted a wonder like that to auto-produce the Konoe Shidan

That's a good idea: in that case I would just call it "Japanese Imperial Palace." You can provide the background in the Civilopedia. You'll have to make it a small wonder available to Japan only (maybe pre-placed) or you might wind up with the Mexicans producing the Konoe Shidan. Lots of great Konoe pix available; I'm counting on you to really do a grand job.

Here's another wonder: Department Store. Were you an Oshin fan? I wasn't but I do like Tanaka Yuko (Cixi).

Yasukuni Jinja and Meiji Restoration are good ideas. I think the Imperial Palace ties in with the Meiji Restoration but as a castle - Edo Jo - it belongs to an earlier era.

The Meiji Restoration could serve as a, "Great Library" representing Japan's very rapid modernization.

Best,

Oz

Top Bottom