Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
It's a wonderful game, but I have a little personal complain. To much units, the first turn takes an eternity but after the massive killing it's easier. But still too much units for me.

I played germany.

I downloaded this scenario a while a go and have only played one turn so I don't know much about the playability, but there are some problems that I came across and I feel you would like to know.

Playing as the Brits.

First of all It Fan*******tatic, it the most detailed and well put together scenario I played to date. Scondary it takes forever to play and that is why I have only played one turn so far. But I understand entirly why this is and am prepared to put up with it.

But during the AL turn that took forever and left me contemplating suicide, some notable event happened. Firstly the Austrians Destoryed the Italians, then the Serbians Destroyed the Austrians, Then the Bulgarians destroyed the Romainians and then the Serbians defyed the one turn one move rule and destroyed the Bulgarians. And to top it all off the french destroyed the Germans and the greeks destroyed the Ottomans all in one turn, I didn't even get to land the BEF in France. Has this happened to anyone else.

P.S. I off to see if this happens again and try the other nations.

Private Byrne,

I am glad to hear that you like the scenario.

Your playtest-report are not in line with others
I read. AI:s play is very strange. Do you have AI-aggression
level at normal? I hope you come back with more
playtest-reports and that AI-play is normal.

Thank you for your comments.

Metacomet,

I see 2 ways to go for TGW in the future: (this is my personal
comment, I do not know what Sarevok things)

1 The current brigade-level is accepted and will be the
standard in the future.

2 The current brigade-level is not accepted since it is
to time-consuming. Then the only solution is to change
to division-level: That is all ground units cut by 50%.

I do not think there is need to cut down naval units.
Naval moves in big scale will only occur now and then.
After moving ground units and the naval units you
want to move, you just hit end turn.

Thank you for your comments.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

The Last Conformist,

I hope there will be much feedback on this issue,
since there is an x-level of units most people will
accept to deal with each turn.

In addition to what is said in Post 243 a third solution
would be possible : A Division level in addition to the
Brigade level.

Again: As much feedback as possible are of great value.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

I have played about 4 turns of a game so far as germany, this is the current situation:

Italian Front:
The Italian Front is semi-Passive at this point, the Austrians have advanced to Venice and are fighting hard around there. I have had to pull 10 units to help them outh there in the Izonzo corridor though, so for me it isnt cost-effective

Serbian Front:
The Serbian front's action is fairly high, Austria has attacked quickly and is encircling Belgrade at this point.

Palestinian Front:
The Palestinian front has seen the British cross the Canal and enter the Sinai, an offensive against Jerusalem is imminent.

War at Sea:
The Sea is an interesting front: Stalemate. on my first turn, the Grand fleet had conveniently sailed ALL of its BB's outside of Bremen. With the entire High sea's fleet in Kiel, I sent my BB's and BC's and Sunk all of the Grand Fleet's BB's while losing only 2 of my BB's. The French fleet has arrived and has burned up alot of my ships, but in general I have all my BB's and I am ready to counter-attack whern my boats heal.

Eastern Front:
The eastern front's need is reaching critical, I am forced to fight VERY harsh battles around my entire border with Russian Poland. The Carpathians are also highly active fronts, and I am continuing to fight the endless tide of russians storming towards my line.

Western Front:
The Western front is reaching its climax: The schlieffen plan is unrolling and the french are scattered and pinned dowen in alsace-lorraine. Antwerp is under siege, and Rheims has fallen to my armies that are now converging of paris. Unfortunately to find troops for the east, I have had to pull the bulk of my forces to go east which leaves the right wing too weak to hit paris itself. I have opened up my shelling of the city, but without a decent force I cannot win the battle.

Originally posted by Sarevok
unfortunately, im not really ready to deal with re-placing all of my units. Brigades will stand.

I can understand that. Its a feedback and future
question.

Rocoteh

Sarevok & Rocoteh,

I noticed today, February 8th that v1.0 does not allow light artillery and field guns to board transport ships. As I was about to post concerning this, I saw that 1.1 was out and downloaded it. It too does not permit this but siege guns can. The rail gun cannot but that makes sense. I caught this playing the British. Is this correct?

I edited the guns in question and checked the "load" function so now they can for me.

Keep up your good work!

V 1.1 Nikosia still has a Turkish Infantry in Nikosia instead of a British Infantry.

When i can finally download it laptop to slow cant use my good comp.... dont ask why only when parents arnt home...... any way I dont know if this will work but I'm going to try and play it historically and let the Ottoman Empire and the Austrian-Hungarian Empire kill the Russians while I as the germans kill the French. I hope this works..... BTW I've cheacked it on editer VERY COOL but I would recomend locked governments because no one(major) changed goverments during the war and I like the Constitutional Monarcy idea for Germany. GOOD JOB!!!

Top Bottom