Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
This post is for creators not for players. Please do not read if you want to enjoy this scenario youself.

I am playing second time for Zi Germans so I pretty know all mistakes I did last time. Ok here was a plan. I ignore all their entrenchments. And attack only weak towns Belgium does not important player so I can ignore before take it complitly. Paris has only 2 defenders. So if I keep 2 army long enough I can take Paris on 1 turn and keep French without brigades and use they wonder against them. Diplomatic with Dutch then take both Belgium coast cities. Belgians is not a real tread so I ignore Leigh and Brussels on first turn. Then I sank all French Battleships in the port. next is though I use artillery and take the next town hard time here I use all single cavalry here. Then my army advanced and take Paris alone:) Here I realize that I can make French without naval at all I still have 2 armies and a lot of infantry. So I kill they destroyers and my next army take Cherbourg easily. Then I have just one brigade and no cavalry at all. So I decide to bombard tours next with my remaining artillery then I use siege artillery's to kill one of defender and take town with the brigade, Nantes(?) fall with a just one unit lost. The remaining infantry with a great :) loss of around 15 have taken Strasburg(did not remember the name Straight forward attack from Germany) and a town north and west of Paris with 9 unit loss. So summary 2 Belgium towns, I am ready to take remaining on a next turn. 10 French towns including Paris. France without brigades and naval units except submarines. I am enjoying French reinforsments(I told u to move it in Africa). I have lost around 35-45 infantry on a first turn. Then I realize if I were more careful with my cavalry I could take their submarines toooo. By the way Belgium town with a lot of guerilla have made best diffence so far.
PS from the paris I can Take one more town (within range of infantry) but I decide to keep those for diffence against french counter attack.

Great scenario. It remids me the WWI scenario in CIV2:CiC.

First look:
- Seems good, very accurate
- Caligari should be Cagliari.
- Also check Saragossa and Strassbourg, I'm not sure of the correct spelling in English.

Set-up the game:

- Please put flags instead of non-sense leaderheads!

Starting game:

- It freezes?!? :( During "configuring scenario"...why? My installation seems correct

Originally posted by Rhye
Great scenario. It remids me the WWI scenario in CIV2:CiC.

First look:
- Seems good, very accurate
- Caligari should be Cagliari.
- Also check Saragossa and Strassbourg, I'm not sure of the correct spelling in English.

Set-up the game:

- Please put flags instead of non-sense leaderheads!

Starting game:

- It freezes?!? :( During "configuring scenario"...why? My installation seems correct

I like the WW1 map form Civ2, hehe

spellings are ok, but will get Cagliari for 1.2

except I dont know any good flags...

it isnt frozen, you just have to wait an hour or so then its done. Id put the volume to maximun, then go do something like watching TV. When you hear the game music, that means its nearly finished.

Concerning flags, im going to put up a thread to recruit map-creators to make us some flags for 1.2. This means 1.2 wont be here for a long time likely, but it will be a nice touch.

vlad1917,

How many turns did the operations you
describe take?

Best Regards

Rocoteh

one turn - first. I hit only towns with weak units. Have problem to diffend counter attack because most of my units damaged. but AI stupid kick back just 1 town and a lot of infuntry runs around without any reasonable target. They even have 1 settler.

yeah? oh and vlad good strategy spoiler but its a very good strat...

Have no idea I could not build settlers. Nederlands also build settler.
Result victory by points level Demigod turn 2. ;) Fastest ever.
Ops. Advice turn off default points

No, I am not editing the map what the point. I had a victory points flag enabled. I got 18K by territory and 36K by killings and around 600 by wonders and 4K from aliance and it was 50K to win. 0 points by location. Somthing to fix up. As well as domination victory 66% is more then enemies have together. I give up with this map It very slow with on my PC. 2 days - 2 turns almost real time.

Originally posted by vlad1917
No, I am not editing the map what the point. I had a victory points flag enabled. I got 18K by territory and 36K by killings and around 600 by wonders and 4K from aliance and it was 50K to win. 0 points by location. Somthing to fix up. As well as domination victory 66% is more then enemies have together. I give up with this map It very slow with on my PC. 2 days - 2 turns almost real time.

vlad1917,

How slow is your PC?
I have 1.2 Ghz Celeron and 512 MB RAM.
Waiting time between turns is 10 minutes.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

ei guys.... where are the save games...? pls.... tnx i hope there will be availble for both sides... more power.... :)

eventually, save games do take time. It also depends ofn the difficluty the palyers want. I dont post my save games up though because most people dont paly Diety or Sid.

Top Bottom