Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Well I don't know if its some kind of computer error or if I'm just technological inept but I can't get this to work :mad: . Just for refrence I have Civ Complete Vesion 1.22 and the loading stops 3/4 done with a problem with "text/pedia/con.text" :aargh:. But I do like the potential of the scenario plus Italy sahould not begin as an Enente (allied) power it was neutral until 1915 and they were originally Central but because the war was aggresive they left the alliance.

Two minor things I think should be changed:

1) I played with the British and when Nikosia expands in culture it takes a square of Turkey. It shouldn't be a big deal just that the Ottommans pillage the square and loose the railroad in there and cannot move troops as fast as it should. Maybe you should increase the nearby cities culture.

2) It's not very realistic that someone who wants to travel on road from Faro to Lisbon has to go through Spain.

This is an excellent scenario btw :)

krazydude said:
Two minor things I think should be changed:

1) I played with the British and when Nikosia expands in culture it takes a square of Turkey. It shouldn't be a big deal just that the Ottommans pillage the square and loose the railroad in there and cannot move troops as fast as it should. Maybe you should increase the nearby cities culture.

2) It's not very realistic that someone who wants to travel on road from Faro to Lisbon has to go through Spain.

This is an excellent scenario btw :)

krazydude,

Thank you.

OK, notes have been taken with regard to TGW-DIV 1.5.

BTW: The different versions of TGW and TGW-DIV have now been
downloaded more than 9 200 times!

Rocoteh

NecromancerElf said:
Well I don't know if its some kind of computer error or if I'm just technological inept but I can't get this to work :mad: . Just for refrence I have Civ Complete Vesion 1.22 and the loading stops 3/4 done with a problem with "text/pedia/con.text" :aargh:. But I do like the potential of the scenario plus Italy sahould not begin as an Enente (allied) power it was neutral until 1915 and they were originally Central but because the war was aggresive they left the alliance.

NecromancerElf,

There seems to be a problem with Civ Complete and some scenarios
including this one. I do not know the reason.

The problem with Italy if its starts neutral is that it will be 50/50
which alliance it will declare war against.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh said:
NecromancerElf,

There seems to be a problem with Civ Complete and some scenarios
including this one. I do not know the reason.

The problem with Italy if its starts neutral is that it will be 50/50
which alliance it will declare war against.

Rocoteh
it is also no guarantee that all members of that alliance will side with italy.

Rocoteh said:
BTW: The different versions of TGW and TGW-DIV have now been
downloaded more than 9 200 times!

Rocoteh

Big congrats, Sarevok, Rocoteh, and all your other guys and gals who made this thing possible! This is a great scenario. :goodjob:

NecromancerElf said:
Aww, I really wanted to play this scenario :( .

NecromancerElf,

My advise is to check that you really have the two downloads
in the scenario-folder of Conquests.
They are often placed in the wrong folder.

Rocoteh

ElBagOCrap said:
Big congrats, Sarevok, Rocoteh, and all your other guys and gals who made this thing possible! This is a great scenario. :goodjob:

ElBagOCrap,

Thank you for the positive words.

Download rate (of the different versions) is still at 70-80 each
week, so TGW is still alive.

Its possible I will release a TGW-DIV 1.5 later this year.

Rocoteh

Hey this scenario is really great! :goodjob:
I love it!
My first game I played as German Empire. Was successfull in the west but had some trouble in the east. :spear:

Samez said:
Hey this scenario is really great! :goodjob:
I love it!
My first game I played as German Empire. Was successfull in the west but had some trouble in the east. :spear:

Samez,

Thank you.
I am very glad to hear that.

Welcome back with more comments.

Rocoteh

Rocotech I love the TGW, but why why I ask can't germany build the corp unit in Berlin even when it has the military academy?? Why???? I think this is a bug. Also for germnay when you get a leader-created from battle you can't rush-build or create a army with it! This is only the case for Germany. I don't know why.

music_theory7 said:
Rocotech I love the TGW, but why why I ask can't germany build the corp unit in Berlin even when it has the military academy?? Why???? I think this is a bug. Also for germnay when you get a leader-created from battle you can't rush-build or create a army with it! This is only the case for Germany. I don't know why.

music_theory7,

This is very strange! Do you refer to TGW or TGW-DIV?

I just checked TGW-DIV 1.4 and did not locate any bug that
should trigger what you mention.

Rocoteh

This is easy - you don't have enough cities to support additional Corps. In TGW, you need 5 cities per corps. Until you capture your 30th city (or lose a Corps) you won't be able to build more. Leaders can't rush.

On another note, I have the kill-all solution for the brigade version of this scenario:

SPOILERS (of a sort) BELOW

#1 : To ruin the stagnation of trench warfare you need mobility. I.E. unit speed. The fastest units out there are the various cavalrys. But they are pretty poor attackers. Unless they are in a Corps. With all the artillery and bombarding air and naval units, within a month or two nearly any power can amass enough artillery to redline all units in a city in one salvo (and kill many with Siege and Rail Guns). Cavalry corps are the coup de grace (pronounced koop duh gracie :mischief: ). For any city that is on the border, each cavalry corps can finish off 4 redlined defenders, MGs or not. Even if the target city has a square of padding, each cavalry corps can finish off 3 units, with little risk of losing anything. In my latest Germany - Marshall (Sid) game, after a methodical first two months of build/conquer/defend, my artillery piles and cavalry corps are taking 2-4 cities per turn. This is my current OOB on turn 8:
Field Guns: 36 (all captured: 12 dutch, 12 belgian, 12 russian)
Lt Artillery: 38 (21 orig+ 17 captured: 7 french, 2 belgian, 1 dutch, 6 russian, 1 british
Field Howitzers: 18
Siege Guns: 14
Rail Gun: 1
All Cav Corps: 4
All Inf Corps: 3
Inf: 168
Flamethrower: 2 [built] (useful if they veteran, but die easily)
Armored Car: 5 orig
Maxim MGs: 35
Engineers/Workers: 24
Air: 2 Observer, 3 Biplane, 9 Zeppelin
Sea: 7 DD, 2 CL, 2 CA, 4 BC, 3 BB (I'm building 4 SuperBBs - brit BBs all dead)

Cities captured:
1) Arnham, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Anterp, Ypres, Calais
2) Liege
3) Brussels
4) Nancy (stack of 60 french destroyed; brit BBs finished off)
5) Verdun (stack of 35 french destroyed)
6) Chalons, Reims, Arras, Lodz
7) Warsaw (BEF destroyed)
8) Paris, Versailles

#2 - Abuse the AIs stupidity. To keep the enemy where you want them, just build a wall of MG/Inf stacks in trenches/strongpoint and leave open a spot for them to go through. As Germany, I got an RoP from Austria and just built a wall of units from Krakow to north of Memel and wherever his roads/RR cross the border put an MG/Inf/Inf in a Strongpoint. Russia currently has near 500 inf units (in the editor I gave them like 25 more cities and bumped inf strength to 6/8). The AI wastes them in stacks of 20-50, slowly fumbling around in the Carpathian hills and mountains. They've attacked my wall of MGs once, with a Corps. After capturing a city, I roll in the Engineers and instantly rebuild/move the MG wall. I have yet to see the AI build a single trench in any game I've played ...

Anywho. Plus this is a >bump< :goodjob:

Maybe later versions could include the immovable garrison/fortress units of Global WW2.

-b

Jadetorc said:
#2 - Abuse the AIs stupidity. To keep the enemy where you want them, just build a wall of MG/Inf stacks in trenches/strongpoint and leave open a spot for them to go through. As Germany, I got an RoP from Austria and just built a wall of units from Krakow to north of Memel and wherever his roads/RR cross the border put an MG/Inf/Inf in a Strongpoint. Russia currently has near 500 inf units (in the editor I gave them like 25 more cities and bumped inf strength to 6/8). The AI wastes them in stacks of 20-50, slowly fumbling around in the Carpathian hills and mountains. They've attacked my wall of MGs once, with a Corps. After capturing a city, I roll in the Engineers and instantly rebuild/move the MG wall. I have yet to see the AI build a single trench in any game I've played ...

I am planning to possibly start up another PBEM game of WW1 (the first one haulted because of failure for turns to send...). Anyways, I think you would better appreciate the historical accuracy if you were to play with other humans. As you pointed out the AI is stupid. They fail to build trenches, properly use artillery...and their biggest flaw is their constant failure to place greater importance on corps. As you said corps are "coup de car," and since humans realize this, they are ussually the target of an enormous counter-bombardment and attack if they are in range.

5 cities? I didn't notice that! That is why! Thanks! Also I think Helgoland should be placed back in. Also the graphics for the BC must be different because they have different purposes to the BB esp for the UK I kept getting confused which of my ships were the battlecruisers.

Edit: This is for TGW 2.1. I only play TGW. It is better :D

If you have any questions concerning TWG please mention
if you refer to TGW or TGW-DIV.

There are many differences. For example you need only 1 city to build
a Corps in TGW-DIV. In TGW you need 5.

Rocoteh

BkGreatWarnut said:
I am planning to possibly start up another PBEM game of WW1 (the first one haulted because of failure for turns to send...). Anyways, I think you would better appreciate the historical accuracy if you were to play with other humans. As you pointed out the AI is stupid. They fail to build trenches, properly use artillery...and their biggest flaw is their constant failure to place greater importance on corps. As you said corps are "coup de car," and since humans realize this, they are ussually the target of an enormous counter-bombardment and attack if they are in range.

BkGreatWarnut,

"(the first one haulted because of failure for turns to send...)"

I am not sure I understand you right. Can you clarify?
Where there a bug that crashed the game?

Rocoteh

BK Walnut when and where are you going to start one? Be sure to let me know I really would like to play.

Top Bottom