Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
jafa said:
HELP PLEASE!

I have a Pentium 900MHz with 128RAM - roughly how long should TGW take to load? (I waited for what felt like a long time but with no luck?)

jafa,

With 128 MB RAM I guess it will take more than an hour.
Maybe 80 minutes.

If you have less than 256 MB RAM I guess there will be long
loading time for many scenarios here.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh said:
jafa,

With 128 MB RAM I guess it will take more than an hour.
Maybe 80 minutes.

If you have less than 256 MB RAM I guess there will be long
loading time for many scenarios here.

Rocoteh

Phew! no wonder I thought my PC had crashed! May have to get some more ram then

jafa said:
Phew! no wonder I thought my PC had crashed! May have to get some more ram then

jafa,

Yes, that is an good idea.

An upgrade should not cost much.

Rocoteh

My Problem with TGW war is that my CIV3 can't read the *.biq Scenario file. In my Civ3 scenario files must have the extention *.bic, other files are not displayed as scenarios. I tried to rename the file from *.biq to *.bic but then i get an error message saying the file is damaged. I have the german version of Civ3. Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Seddto

seddto said:
My Problem with TGW war is that my CIV3 can't read the *.biq Scenario file. In my Civ3 scenario files must have the extention *.bic, other files are not displayed as scenarios. I tried to rename the file from *.biq to *.bic but then i get an error message saying the file is damaged. I have the german version of Civ3. Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

do you have conquests? it's needed if you want to play the scenatio.

I play the Germans in week 37 1914 and I've conquered France. Only Bordeaux, Bayonne, Marseille and two other cities are still controlled by the French.
I also conquered Belgium and the Netherlands. Now I'm attacking the Russians and I just conquered Vilna and Pinsk (and of course all cities west of them).
The British fleet is nearly destroyed and my army grows bigger and bigger. :D :king:

But I found some problem:

You changed the position of Berlin in an earlier version of TGW-DIV, but you forgot to delete the victory point in the old position. The Swiss found that before I did, and now they control the VP. Maybe I should crush them, because they could win the game now ;)

Michael II said:
I play the Germans in week 37 1914 and I've conquered France. Only Bordeaux, Bayonne, Marseille and two other cities are still controlled by the French.
I also conquered Belgium and the Netherlands. Now I'm attacking the Russians and I just conquered Vilna and Pinsk (and of course all cities west of them).
The British fleet is nearly destroyed and my army grows bigger and bigger. :D :king:

But I found some problem:

You changed the position of Berlin in an earlier version of TGW-DIV, but you forgot to delete the victory point in the old position. The Swiss found that before I did, and now they control the VP. Maybe I should crush them, because they could win the game now ;)

Michael II,

Your position seems to be good.

Thank you for the reporting the bug. I will correct it.

Rocoteh

I'm going to DL this,but not sure when I will find the time to play it; WW2Global seems to have my attention right now. ;) I didn't read a lot of the thread, about 30 pages, but I notice you had someone say the French,e.g. were sending their troops in silly places and not defending their cities properly. Maybe you could do what you did in the WW2Global game to some extent. I mean subtract some of their starting infantry brigades, and put some immobile garrison units in each city as you see fit to force the AI to actually defend themselves. :p Not the best solution,but it has some possibilies I think.

Sasebo said:
I'm going to DL this,but not sure when I will find the time to play it; WW2Global seems to have my attention right now. ;) I didn't read a lot of the thread, about 30 pages, but I notice you had someone say the French,e.g. were sending their troops in silly places and not defending their cities properly. Maybe you could do what you did in the WW2Global game to some extent. I mean subtract some of their starting infantry brigades, and put some immobile garrison units in each city as you see fit to force the AI to actually defend themselves. :p Not the best solution,but it has some possibilies I think.

Sasebo,

I will look over French forces in TGW-DIV with regard to what you mention.

I do plan a version 1.5 for TGW-DIV. Its not sure there will any
more versions of TGW-BRI though.

Rocoteh

end of week 39 1914:
I completely conquered continental France. Their fleet is destroyed (Only the ships in the mediterranian sea are out of range so far).
The Royal Navy has been reduced to 1 Destroyer, 1 Light Cruiser, 3 Battle Cruisers and 3 Pre-Dreadnoughts. So I decided to land near London and Portsmouth. Time to conquer the Empire! ( I can't wait to plunder the scotish whisky :crazyeye:
My offensive in the east will continue later, cause I want to conquer the British first to make my French cities safe from naval attacks.

@Rocoteh:
The idea of Sasebo sounds good, but the "Alprunners" were defending troops outside the cities so the idea of immobile div's propably won't work. For me the problem was solved when I had one "bordertile" without defense (--> the Alprunners turned around and invaded me at the undefended tile)

One thing about (first) loading times:
My computer has 128 MB SD-RAM and 800 MHz. The loading time is shorter than you thought. About 40 min
I also tested it with an other computer: 512 MB DDR-400 Ram and 1833 MHz
The loading time was 5 min :goodjob:

For all the others who think about playing this scenario:
No matter how long the game will load for the first time, it's f***ing worth it!! (But only if you have time, cause you won't be able to stop playing ;) )

Sorry for my sometimes "strange" english, but as you can see I'm just a Kraut ;)

Michael II said:
end of week 39 1914:
I completely conquered continental France. Their fleet is destroyed (Only the ships in the mediterranian sea are out of range so far).
The Royal Navy has been reduced to 1 Destroyer, 1 Light Cruiser, 3 Battle Cruisers and 3 Pre-Dreadnoughts. So I decided to land near London and Portsmouth. Time to conquer the Empire! ( I can't wait to plunder the scotish whisky :crazyeye:
My offensive in the east will continue later, cause I want to conquer the British first to make my French cities safe from naval attacks.

@Rocoteh:
The idea of Sasebo sounds good, but the "Alprunners" were defending troops outside the cities so the idea of immobile div's propably won't work. For me the problem was solved when I had one "bordertile" without defense (--> the Alprunners turned around and invaded me at the undefended tile)

One thing about (first) loading times:
My computer has 128 MB SD-RAM and 800 MHz. The loading time is shorter than you thought. About 40 min
I also tested it with an other computer: 512 MB DDR-400 Ram and 1833 MHz
The loading time was 5 min :goodjob:

For all the others who think about playing this scenario:
No matter how long the game will load for the first time, it's f***ing worth it!! (But only if you have time, cause you won't be able to stop playing ;) )

Sorry for my sometimes "strange" english, but as you can see I'm just a Kraut ;)

Michael II,

Thank you.

No problem with your english.

It should be interesting to see if you can conquer the British isles.
My guess is that AI will have great problems defending them.

On the "Alprunners": Yes I will make some playtesting on this problem.

Thank you for the info on loading-time.
With regard to TGW I think loading-time is reasonable.

Welcome back

Rocoteh

1 year for TGW.

1 year ago, January 25, 2004 TGW was launched.

TGW was met with a incredible respons from players, that would
continue for more than 6 months.

Today the interest for TGW have somewhat run out of steam.
However the scenario is not dead. I plan to make TGW-DIV 1.5
and TGW-DIV Multiplayer 1.1.

When I write this the different versions of TGW and TGW-DIV have
been downloaded 8 618 times.

If CIV 4 will give important new tools for scenario-creation, TGW will
no doubt be a candidate for upgrade.

With regard to scenario-creation I will remember 2003 for my part
of the ACW-scenario. The same holds true for TGW and 2004.
I guess 2005 will be WW2-Global.

Rocoteh

Congratulations Rocoteh and Sarevok.
Hopefully htere will be a TGW for Civ 4. Although I have doubts that the UU are available from the very beginning and there is anbility also to upgrade the units. It is the flair of UU mostly that makes a scenario intersting. This scenario is as near as perfect as a civ 3 scenario can be.

Adler

Adler17 said:
Congratulations Rocoteh and Sarevok.
Hopefully htere will be a TGW for Civ 4. Although I have doubts that the UU are available from the very beginning and there is anbility also to upgrade the units. It is the flair of UU mostly that makes a scenario intersting. This scenario is as near as perfect as a civ 3 scenario can be.

Adler

Adler,

Thank you.

Your role in the development of TGW-DIV was crucial.

With regard to Civ 4 I hope that there will be possible to determine
when a nation shall go to war and that aspects like strategic warfare
will be included.

Rocoteh

Adler17 said:
Thanks, but I think you exaggerate with my role...

Adler

Adler,

No, in fact development is very important if a scenario
shall get really good.

I consider 1.4 much better than 1.0.
Even if there is still room for a 1.5, its clear that any heavy
improvement from the current position needs a new game-engine.

Rocoteh

hi i would like to play this mod with one of my friends. but i do not know how to get the computer to play the rest of the nations. There seems to be only room for 8 players in total. anybody please help?

Top Bottom