The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

Less than a week ago I got Galactic Civilizations II. Great game, except that I constantly screw up by maxing out the buildings in my colonies (variated by the way) right after colonizing and thus I get murdered even at Mission 1. It's so tempting to build...

Less than a week ago I got Galactic Civilizations II. Great game, except that I constantly screw up by maxing out the buildings in my colonies (variated by the way) right after colonizing and thus I get murdered even at Mission 1. It's so tempting to build...

Fun game. Did you just get GalCivII or did you get the expansions as well?

Either way, I haven't ever played through the campaign at all and just play the sandbox mode. I find it much more enjoyable with the random events and how the game plays out due to the exceptional AI.

I tried the campaign once. It was awful. It's just early game over and over.

Picked up Tales from the Borderlands and South Park: The Stick of Truth for $22.49 total. (uPlay store: telltale key and steam key)

Finally I bought EUIV on 50% off. I got the full collection with DLCs, hutty up and install!!!

Also Age of Mythology Extended Edition was only a fiver.

I got FNV way back when it was about £6 for it and all expansions...

That said, my flatmate and I just got Assassin's Creed: Rogue and Dragon Age: Inquisition for the 360.

Let's see... Rome II Total War is on sale at a low enough price that I might actually consider buying it.

Hmm.

Hmm...

I feel so conflicted. It's like 50% of me wants to buy it now and dick around with it on Thaksgiving weekend because I've already exhausted all the other Total Wars, and 50% of me thinks its a bad idea and I should just wait until Attila comes around.

Its a bad idea don't do it. It will just remind you of all the bugs that have been in the series since Rome 1, more or less and sometimes in slightly different forms, but basically the same problems couple with a half-baked political system and no chance of a mod as glorious as Europa Barbarorum.

Let's see... Rome II Total War is on sale at a low enough price that I might actually consider buying it.

Hmm.

Hmm...

I feel so conflicted. It's like 50% of me wants to buy it now and dick around with it on Thaksgiving weekend because I've already exhausted all the other Total Wars, and 50% of me thinks its a bad idea and I should just wait until Attila comes around.

I played Rome on the free weekend the other month and it was totally bereft of soul.

Thinking about it again, although I determined that of all the games I would consider buying, even though Rome II would probably be the one I'd play the most, I probably won't play it that much than if I just bought it after Attila came out. So, I figure, I'll just wait until it's $10 or under.

That said I do hope there's something I'd play on sale tomorrow so I have something to try out this Thanksgiving weekend.

Didn't they just release EB II for M2TW? Much better to get that than Rome II. While pretty, it's even more simplified than the original and many glaring flaws still exist or have been exacerbated.

Thinking about it again, although I determined that of all the games I would consider buying, even though Rome II would probably be the one I'd play the most, I probably won't play it that much than if I just bought it after Attila came out. So, I figure, I'll just wait until it's $10 or under.

That said I do hope there's something I'd play on sale tomorrow so I have something to try out this Thanksgiving weekend.

Pixel Piracy is pretty fun.

I was also tempted by Rome II since I found it better than I expected on the free weekend. But of the games that I tried on a free weekend, Mount and Blade was by far the best (by amount of time played on the free weekend), and it's on sale for $5 on Steam, so I'd recommend that one if you don't already have it.

I wonder will dark souls 2 be on sale and if it will go up to 50 to 75% off, id be very interested in getting it if it dose.

Or, you could load up GOG and buy Rome I. You know.

I've already played my fair share of Rome I. :lol:

Pretty much have played every Total War game to a large extent save for the original Shogun, which I have played but just not as much because by the time I was old enough to it was already growing obsolete.

Didn't they just release EB II for M2TW? Much better to get that than Rome II. While pretty, it's even more simplified than the original and many glaring flaws still exist or have been exacerbated.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about EBII. Might be worth a shot for me. The original EB, was a bit too much in the 2deep4me sort of zone (look guys I'm a pretty simple-minded player :() but it was still pretty cool.

Top Bottom