1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by aimeeandbeatles, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I've found that when games like EB or Victoria give you trouble, you can solve most of your problems by cheating for gold.

2. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

From/BandaiNamco have just announced that a new version of Dark Souls 2 will be released in April. That version will have all the DLC... And graphical enhancements... It's not even clear if the people who bought the current version will have access to that and for what price when the upgraded version shows up. Considering that the people who bought the "old consoles" (360 and PS3) versions will only have access to the new enhanced version on the "new consoles" (Xbone and PS4), that means they'll have to buy a whole new copy of the new game in its new version for their new consoles... so it seems possible that the enhanced edition could show up as an entirely different game on Steam... People who bought the original DS2 on Steam this year are currently uncertain as to how From/Bandai will deal with them, will we get a free upgrade? A cheap update? Will they sell us the enhanced edition as an affordable (or horribly expensive) DLC? Or are they just going to deny us this and ask us to buy the game as a whole new Steam game just to have access to their DX11 version? ...

Basically even if Dark Souls 2 became cheap now, I wouldn't buy it until the publisher clarifies what he intends to do for current owners of Dark Souls 2 when the new version hits the store... It saddens me to say this because the Dark Souls games are among my favorite games ever. If you haven't played Dark Souls 1, it could be worth buying it now as it's 5$. They will remove Games for Windows Live from it within a month or so.

Here is a place to start reading on this whole crapstorm http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/25/dark-souls-2-scholar-first-sin/#more-252167

3. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Oh yeah, that's always an option. :lol:

4. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I pre-ordered Elite Dangerous and have been poking around in the Combat Simulator Demo while I wait for the release date. I was pleased by the game mechanics and was very pleased at how well it ran on my computer, despite it being about 2 years old in parts.

5. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

Got Borderlands 2 GOTY and State of Decay.

6. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Space Engineers. I quite like it so far. It's like a more difficult (if you're in survival mode), far more entertaining version of Minecraft with spaceships and a sick damage engine.

7. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Just got the wargame pack on steam: red dragon, european escalation, and airland battle. which one should I play first?

I also got RAGE and RUSE

8. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

9. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

So far I've purchased Space Engineers, Batman Arkham Origins, Galciv III, and Prison Architect.

10. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

I've bought Prison Architect and the Skyrim DLC, which was finally 75% off on Amazon after literal years.

11. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

Never Alone from steam
    Valiant Hearts from Ubishop
    Art of War collection from g2play.

Oh yes, and a free Far Cry 4

12. Double A

Is it too late to buy a season pass and trade it for FC4?

13. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/977458-Season-Pass-Free-Game-Website-is-Live

Since the season pass is discontinued, you cant activate it anymore. I also dont think there is a keysite that still sells the season pass. At least not the sites i know (gamersgate, kinguin, g2play, gmg,....)

EDIT: how necessary is the dlc for cities in motion? Got that game for being member of paradox forum.

14. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Got Rise of Nations and DX:HR-DC so far. Death Skid Marks is pretty cheap, waiting to see if it will go on a higher discount. If it doesn't, I'll still snag it at less than $10 before the Holiday Sale ends.

15. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

Bought a PS4 this weekend and picked up Shadow of Mordor. Pretty damn fun game.

16. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

I picked up euro truck simulator 2 on sale the other day, having tons of fun with it so far, its such a relaxing game, I also got risk of rain and Stronghold HD for about 3 euros altogether.

Edit anybody know how to add personal radio streams into ETS2? I found some tutorials but they weren't helpful and hard to follow.

17. Double A

I continue to completely fail to understand that and other simulators.

18. Commodore

Commodore Deity

Goat Simulator is good for many hours of hilarity.

19. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Goat Simulator is a parody of bad sim games, good joke but usually doesn't provide mode people with hours of fun since it is very short.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is pretty decent as an actual simulator, it is relaxing and has a pretty decent build your own trucking business from the ground up gameplay in it.

Flight sims are pretty self explanatory. I don't know of any other sims that are good or don't suffer from a terribly low budget.

20. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

DA: Inquisition! :D