The Islamophobia Network

Israel is like the United States' naughty child that everyone at school hates for constantly misbehaving and whom the teachers are powerless to discipline because their rich, arrogant father is beyond reproach yet can't be asked to do the proper parenting.

Well, if true then, why not a world wide cry of heresy from Muslims the world over that dont kill women and children?

I mean I cant think of a single other Church or Christian organization that doesnt decry the WBC and in many cases, even counter-protests them energectically. No one likes them, and no one desires to give them credence.

So why isnt the same being done to these violent sects around the world? Is it because of a fear of reprisal?

Oh, man, because you don't want to look!!! Many muslims aren't just voicing their disagreement and rejection of the "Wackos Jihadist", many are physically fighting them every day!!! We shouldn't forget that Islamic terrorism is a problem for Muslims essentially.
fighting Islmic terrorism by telling all muslims, including the ones that are victims of it, that their religion sucks is not only stupid and wrong but it is also counterproductive, that would be like fighting christians terrorism in the US by telling American christians "Your religion sucks" !!!!

He pulled that again did he? Last time I took the effort of finding a huge list. A lot of good that did I see. Evidence that some just don't want to see even if they have the evidence handed to them on a platter. Or have poor memory so they're able to spout the same nonsense again and again.

edit: Wow that was from page 6? Never mind then.

Unfortunately, once again, this is incorrect. It does say that, in the beginning... but later verses (which trump earlier verses, per the Koran) call Christians infidels because they "worship 3 gods"... Therefore, Christians are infidels and must be killed, per the Koran.

That is blantantly false. The first bit of the Quran is actually more "faith" focused and is the one that deals about resisting the Infidels (because Muhammad was harrassed by its countrymen in the begining of his life as a messenger, he fled to Medina to avoid being killed), and than fighting them. that part is called the Meccan Koran and it is the "violent" one. The second part is what is called the "Madina Koran" and is the one that the prophet had once he established a proto state in Medina. the seond part is more oriented "civil law" and deals about things like inheritance laws, commerce law, marriage and divorce, etc.
The verse you keep talking about where Allah says that new verses superceed old ones is actually controversed because Quran is supposed to be ATEMPORAL, it also was specifically dealing about one issue "ALCOHOL". Allah forbade alcohol in a progressive way: no drinks before praying,..., no drinks at all.

I know no Muslim who would say that Islam authorises the killing of Christians just because they are Christians, quite the opposite: Muhammad have taught them to protective of the People of the Book. Now that was not always respected, but that is another matter.

Yeah, sure, if that makes you guys feel better about it.

Funny how limited the examples of Christian Terrorism are that you have to stretch back hundreds of years...
Let's bring up the Crusades again while we're beating this dead horse!

You are the one who made this debate Historical. If you label a whole Religion as "sick" (your terms), than that is a Historical affirmation: you think that Islam is sick and has been so since its birth, unless you think the Koran today isn't the same as the one Muhammad wrote.
Likewise concerning Christianity, you keep dismissing the crimes of the Christian faith labelling them "Catholic" as if Christianity was born with you: guess what, it didn't. Whether you like it or not if you want to make all muslims or Islam accountable for the actions of a few or even many muslims, than that also applies to You and the Crusades. I still don't get why your interpretation of Christ's words is better or more correct than that of Urban II, all the Popes and Archbishops and the millions of christians that followed them for centuries !!!!!

Never-mind the fact that Kochmann no distinction between the different sects of Islam; Sunni, Shia, etc. But yet, he does when it comes to Christianity.

Islam doesn't seem to be able to tolerate criticism very well. See the fatwah on Salman Rushdie for writing a work of fiction.

Chritian militant blew up a cinema in Paris in the late 80ies because it was to project the "Last temptation of Christ", thankfully none died, but the theater was down. I clearly remember that because I was studying a couple of blocks from there !!! But than again those weren't True Christians, just Catholics :mischief:

I understand islamophobia because events of silamic terrorism but I have never understood blaming Quran. Yes its crappy book, but lets take a look into Bible, man would get idea thats that God was some insane mass murderer.

Actually, the bans were very few and far in between and apparently some of the town councils that banned it didnt even have a theater within their boundary.

So was there some very minimal protest? Absolutely. Any car bombings? Nope.

I don't know about The life of Brian, but for "The last Temptation of Christ" there was bombing, not cars but a theater.
Now I actually agree that Christians are more tolerant about criticizing their religion than Muslims, I however think that:

1. it's more true within western Christians and not third world ones. It is actually because Western people are just more used to criticism of anything, have access to free press and have a longer habit of expressing one's view. If you go into a conservative christian neighborhood in a big african dictatorship, I am not sure you'll easily be able to project "The last temptation of Christ"

2. In "modern" and/secular "islamic" countries, protesting against the cartoons or Rushdie was less common/violent/popular than in "conservative" and/or poor ones. In Turkey and Tunisia for example many pepople just couldn't care less.

Not familiar with LTTE, but I believe it is Sri Lanka related... and made up of Muslims.
PKK, I have worked with, they are Kurds... and Muslim.

Oh God (or Allah :mischief:) !!!

So when a Marxist Muslim Kurd commits terrorism it is Islamist Terrorism, but when an Republican Catholic Irish commits terrorism it is Republican Terrorism :lol::lol:

Nice post - free bump :D

The point is a good one - if Fox News and the right-wing in general are truly "racist" then why aren't we attacking buddhists? Where is the "anti-buddhist" network?

:lol::lol: that is the funniest logical generalization of the month :D

Likewise, if Muslims funides are there just to "kill the Infidels" why aren't they killing Esquimou, Boshiman and Salvadorians !!!! they are an easier target after all and they are even more "infidels" that Christian and Jews :D?

I don't know about The life of Brian, but for "The last Temptation of Christ" there was bombing, not cars but a theater.
Now I actually agree that Christians are more tolerant about criticizing their religion than Muslims, I however think that:

1. it's more true within western Christians and not third world ones. It is actually because Western people are just more used to criticism of anything, have access to free press and have a longer habit of expressing one's view. If you go into a conservative christian neighborhood in a big african dictatorship, I am not sure you'll easily be able to project "The last temptation of Christ"

2. In "modern" and/secular "islamic" countries, protesting against the cartoons or Rushdie was less common/violent/popular than in "conservative" and/or poor ones. In Turkey and Tunisia for example many pepople just couldn't care less.

I would more say that people in developed countries are more used to the rule of law and that only the state has a legitimate right to use force. In the 19th century things like that were more common even in the US.

Top Bottom