1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Jade Commandos

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by GenMarshall, May 1, 2003.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Welcome SaaM and Jenna :).

OOC: Just to be on the safe side Stuck, could you change Recruitment Hut, to The Warlord's Hut. Thanks :)

2. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Are you going to put Nambanoldo and Poldohtar on The List?

3. GenMarshall

I am going to add them to the list :).

4. andrew510

andrew510 B-25 Bomber Pilot

Warload Noval Gontsky: this a?

andrew: a jade arrowhead, a sign of power, no more, no less.

cara: a peice of rock if you ask me.

andrew: jade is the finest thing that i know of, i hope it is the best, warlord.

Warload Noval Gontsky: yes, it is better than i think i deserve.

and so, a family heirloom is now in the hands of the Gontsky family

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

As the citizen gathered on the plains by the foot of the hill, Jenna had an idea
    Jenna: Hm.. those barabarians wouldnt be able to attack us if we settled down. This looks like a good site.
    Jenna sits down, but jumps back up
    Jenna: Ouch! What is it I sat on?
    It is a pointy rock, made of pure Jade. It is triangular and smooth
    Jenna: If we could figure a way to get these at the barbarians without us getting hurt, we could protect ourself. Hm... Bob! Get me a bendable branch! Jackie, i need some of that twine your always using. SaaM... you just pretend to help. Everyone bring the stuff overhere. I've got an idea...
    Once the things were brought together, Jenna assembeled them and formed a bow and arrow
    SaaM: What is it?
    Jenna: Its a weapon, stupid. It goes in here, pulled here, and the pointy rock flys out, piercing the person it hits.
    And so, Jenna created the first bow and arrow. This pure Jade weapon is now to be passed down from generation to generation.

6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Matteo Vilirus enters the hut of the Jade Commandos. All look up and lift there weapons, caught by surprise by the stealthy man. He gives a hand signal to reassure the commandos, and they put down their arms. They survey the man who stands before them: he is dressed in the furs of a great bear, and carries a mighty wooden club with a stone beak for cracking open skulls.

Matteo Vilirus: Hail, Jade Commandos. I have come to join your noble group. I trust you have room at your table for another warrior?

7. andrew510

andrew is on some plains by the foot of a hill, he notices some jade, he thinks he can make a new weapon.

*later in andrew's cave*

cara: oh great, an invention

andrew: jade is not that good for tools, but it will work.

cara: hmmm :confused:

*in the warlord's hut*

andrew: i have a new weapon, the knife. it is made of stone, rather short, and has a sharp blade and point.

Warload Noval Gontsky: very good, get me one as soon as you can.

andrew: yes, warlord.

*the next day, andrew's cave near where he plans to settle*

andrew: 5 in 2 days, i should go give them to the warlord.

@CivGeneral: add 5 stone knifes to the Armory list.

8. andrew510

delete post

9. GenMarshall

Mara Jade II: Welcome to the Group Matteo Vilirus.

Noval Gontsky: We would defenatly would need your servaces.

10. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

John W. Boots: When is my training over and what weapons can I use? Though I can't kill other characters without permission, I can horribly cripple them, can't I?

EDIT: I was only speaking of this because my name, John W. Boots, sounds very similar to John W. Booth (some coincidence ;) )

11. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: Andrew, you are going too fast with the time. Slow down a bit.

12. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

OOC: Whoa! Everyone needs to slow down again, and READ THE RULES. You have to have tiles before you can even begin to make weapons. We also don't even have Iron Working. Again, you need the availible shields to make a swordsmen, but ONLY when we have Iron Working, and Iron.

13. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

@ct- i just had them make a arrow and bow out of stuff they found on the floor. one arrow. adn we have war code

14. Civanator

Civanator Deity

it is given that we all have sharp sticks... And with warrior code we can make a bow...

15. Bootstoots

John W. Boots finds a six-inch long piece of flint
    Boots: I will sharpen this flint to make a knife as a weapon for me!
    Boots goes off into the woods to sharpen the knife

16. Bootstoots

John W. Boots returns with the knife, now a sharp 5-inch long object and much sharper than a jade knife. He calls a meeting of the Jade Commandos
    Boots: I have a plan. Would you support an overthrow of the cruel and tyrannical dictator? With our new stone knives, I'm sure we can do it. You will all have a position of power in the new government. Everybody who's in, please voice your support!
    Calls of support come from the crowd of Commandos. Warlord Noval Gontsky rises, preparing to make a decision for the group

17. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Everyone! Please look in the event thread to see if your character has died or not. 13 turns have passed in the demogame.

18. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

As the men excitedly discuss their new knives, a large foreign-looking warrior stands in the shadows, unseen. He carries two large stone axes, one in each hand. Across his back he has a bow and quiver of arrows. He wears something unusual amongst the people here: armor. His armor is of animal hide; leather armor. It can stop arrows and knives from piercing the skin.

He stops out of the shadow and into the light, surprising the Jades. His features are not those of the locals; they are those of the barbarians.

Noval Gontsky: It's a barbarian! Get him!

Germanicus Arturius: Yield, Jade Commandos. I am one of you, I am Randomanian.

The warrior puts down the axes as a sign of friendship.

Germanicus: I have come to join your order. I hear you are mighty warriors. Will you take me, or am I going to have to fight my way back out of here?

Noval: Welcome, friend. What is your name?

Germanicus: Arturius. Germanicus Arturius.

Noval: But Germanicus is a barbarian name. Surely you are not...

Germanicus: A barbarian? Yes, I was born of Ottogoth parents, but I have lived in Randomania for 4 years now, and I am a citizen. You have nothing to fear.

19. Bootstoots

Stuk Aza Peesea prepares to throw the body of the late John W. Boots into the lake nearby (he couldn't bury him because Ceremonial Burial had yet to be discovered). As Aza threw him in, a sharp object hit the ground at his feet. He picked it up, only to find out that it was a 5-inch long flint knife. He carried it with him.
    Aza: I have here a knife! This will prove beneficial to me, as I now have a weapon for me to do battle with, or to carry out my dream, the dream of Boots, to...control the country!
    Aza calls the Commandos back together
    Aza: I will join your forces, if you join me in overthrowing the cruel, old, and senile despot! I will grant a promotion to high gentile to all who join me in this glorious cause!
    Cheers of support come from the crowd

20. America444

America444 Coming Back To Life

As Joe was walking home one day he saw a hut with a marking saying 'Jade commandos. Our aim is to aid anyone in need weather it is during times when the Nation is in war '

Joe quickly runs home to his mother

Joe: mom mom mom!!!!!!!
    Mother: what is it son?
    Joe: I saw a new hut, a millitary hut, i wish to join there band of warriors.
    Mother: I will not allow you to join such a barbaric group!
    Joe: but mom.
    Mother: NO!!!!!!

Joe leaves his house and leaves to join the Jade Commandos
    Joe approaches the hut and waits for Warlord Noval Gontsky to approave of him.