The Most annoing ai CIV

I think Bismark is annoying. In my current game he was once powerful, but i kicked his ass in the middle ages to get some luxuries. Now in modern times he spread from 2 cities to 4 and thinks he owns the place. He gets in wars with about everybody and does nothing. The Babylonians suck too.

I absolutely cannot stand the russians. they just always want to rip me off in trades and get into alot of pacts so i cant kill them outright without entering a world war.

now i truly hate the russians!

in my present game ive had 3 wars with the aztecs and this time im in a war with the russians.

they demanded tribute and i told them to get bent and eat some borst and they declared war on me. after failing to take a city of theirs back that i took earlier in the game we called it a stalemate. after they had declared war on me they made a MPP with the aztecs (clever i must say, using an old enemy against me, the AI isnt as dumb as i thought). then they had a carrier in my borders and after asking them twice to move it.....thats right the third time they declared war on me again.....i guess they wasted too many MA's the first time because they arent really attacking this city like they did before. then again with almost 100 units of MI MA and radar artillery along with bombers, battle ships and jets, they havent had much luck taking this city. they managed to kill one unit and three throw away guerilla units. aside from that they are just annoying me with the destroying of land improvements. pay back is going to suck for them!

this time the MPP between the russians and the aztecs is no longer in effect so now i'm air lifting MA's to this city by the dozen. i will destroy this civ if its the last thing i do. they are also using nuclear weapons like its going out of style and i need to cut off their supply of uranium QUICKLY to keep this from going nuclear between the two of us. im already stockpiling ICBM's just in case i have to retaliate. the czarina is a terribly wicked woman who needs a spanking badly!

weird that no one says the Arabs ? I hate that civ!!! i really really hate it. Even if i have science rate on 100% they are still ahead of me and even if i focus on science improvements they are still ahead of me and richer!! And they expand everywhere! Im mad!

Elor: most of these posts were made before PTW.

But I still say Shaka is the most annoying.

Xerxes can be, but that effect is negated when you play Persia...

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

For me it is the Zulus, too, without any doubt.
They just keep attacking when I just want to build peacefully.
They even keep attacking when they are down to a few cities and units and I am the most advanced and powerful nation on the face of the earth. It is just just a bother to go and hunt them down.

Zulus buuhhhhh

This needs to be a poll, if one hasn't been done already!

My vote is for the Germans. I had them in a 'polite' disposition in a recent regent game, but they declared war on me anyway despite paying their 'extortion' and kissing their ass! All my dealings with the Germans have resulted in hostilities. Zulu's are usually aggressive too, however, they've never had the productivity (in my dealings with them) to be much of a serious threat...more annoying than deadly!

I'd be curious to know if anybody knows more details about the intrinsic aggressiveness of these AI Civs. I realize that the militaristic ones, etc. will generally be more hostile, I guess I'd like to hear somebody's slant as to the math and algorithms involved in each Civ's AI and general demeanor.

Originally posted by PRIMEMOVER
This needs to be a poll, if one hasn't been done already!

My vote is for the Germans. I had them in a 'polite' disposition in a recent regent game, but they declared war on me anyway despite paying their 'extortion' and kissing their ass! All my dealings with the Germans have resulted in hostilities. Zulu's are usually aggressive too, however, they've never had the productivity (in my dealings with them) to be much of a serious threat...more annoying than deadly!

I'd be curious to know if anybody knows more details about the intrinsic aggressiveness of these AI Civs. I realize that the militaristic ones, etc. will generally be more hostile, I guess I'd like to hear somebody's slant as to the math and algorithms involved in each Civ's AI and general demeanor.

The "math" is as follows:

Shaka is set to aggressiveness 5.
Xerxes, Bismarck, Caesar, etc. are set to aggressiveness 4.
Lincoln, Liz, etc. are set to aggressiveness 3.
Joan and Gandhi are set to aggressiveness 2.

That's basically it.

Which is why this whole thread is just a bunch of anecdotes (not that there's anything wrong with that). There are very few "temperamental" differences between AI civs, beyond the basic aggressiveness measure.

I thought it was more advanced. I can't believe that Caesar is up there with Bismarck and Xerses. I think what culture you are also effects relations, I usually play a European civ and that explains why I have better relations with Caesar than with Xerses.

Originally posted by Homie
I thought it was more advanced. I can't believe that Caesar is up there with Bismarck and Xerses. I think what culture you are also effects relations, I usually play a European civ and that explains why I have better relations with Caesar than with Xerses.

Civs basically have two characteristics: aggression (measured on a 1-5 scale), and types of things they tend to produce.

Some civs are programmed to produce more land units (e.g. the Germans), others are programmed to produce more cultural structures (e.g. India), etc. I don't know how great an effect these "production tendencies" actually have.

Caesar's base aggression level is the same as Xerxes' and Bismarck's. But yes, I think you're right; civs from the same culture group do get along better. Therefore, if you frequently play Mediterranean civs, you'll perceive Caesar as being less aggressive on average. However, this has nothing to do with the Romans' aggression level per se.

Note that production tendencies can indirectly influence temperament; if the Germans are set to produce land units more often, then Bismarck will tend to have a larger standing army, which may tempt him to act more aggressively.

But, all other things being equal, Caesar is just as aggressive as Xerxes. It's possible, though, that the Persians are an inherently stronger civ than Rome (what with Immortals and all), so in practice they will probably have more land, a stronger army, and thus they will often be more aggressive.

Top Bottom