The Most annoing ai CIV

Zulus and Germans are hands down the most irritating.. they are always furious for no reason, have zero economy and are just warmongering idiots looking for trouble.

OTOH Gandhi needs to be beaten upside down to get him to declare war..

I also think the Persians are the most annoying civ, But the Aztecs can be extremely devious at some games. Last three games where the Aztect participated in, they built up an gigantic army. All those games my civ was about 3 times bigger than the Aztecs, and my army was Average in comparison to theirs. So basicly they went crazy and conquered alot of other civ, i defended myself with Artilley+Infantry, but when they could'nt keep the conquered cities very long.
To sum it up, Aztecs can flip out, in a Hitler style way.

Of you play with "culturally linked" starting positions and you are a European Civ, I am sure we would all agree that the Germans are the most annoying, Russians a close second and for some reason the French are ALWAYS the nicest. No matter if I play a European civ or not, the French are always kind and make great trade and diplomacy connections both with the AI and me. They are much more polite than the others. Is this suppose to be irony, some joke by Firaxis.

Germans for being so damn aggressive...aklmost wiped out my chinese because I wouldn't give them 2 techs....paid all my gold for peace with them all over me after a few turns of war, then next turn they demanded everything bar my capital for peace, when I refused they turned abt 5 more civs against me...dead abt 2 turns later!!!

I would say the Zulus and Persians. I've a story, when playing on warlord (I was largest, and too good for the level) the Zulus suddenly declared war on me. I was not prepared for the action, I had an overwhelming army though. So I crushed the whole Zulu empire in 2 turns with cavalry against their impis :) (it was about 30 cities)

The Zulus are psychotic bc of they are set to max agressivity. It doesn't help to be so much, thogh, as they do nothing but bully everyone. Have you ever seen a Zulu tank? :(
Since the AI is so obnoxious for trade or ROP, I set their agressivity down a bit. Of course I refrain from exploiting trades.
BTW, yes, the French and the Indians are set at lowest agressivity.

For me, it'd be the Mongols. They almost always demand lucdicrous amounts of cash from me, and then go to war with me if I refuse. :mad:

Beyond that, I'd say Zulu's too. Sneaky bastards. :rolleyes:

Germany and Persia for me.

In a recent game, German troops marched into my peaceful Russia nterritory - I demand they get out, of course, war. I kill all the invaders losing no units myself and make peace. On the first German turn after the peace treate, they move knights in my territory. I demand they get out, WAR. I kill the invaders, take two cities and make peace. The very next turn, Germans come knocking again, and it's war once more. Aargh :mad:
And of course, they always try to stiff you in tech deals and are always annnoyed when you meet them. I hate them ( the computer pixel versions, obviously). They are predictably infuriating.

The Persians on the other hand just can't be trusted. In another game, I had peace with them for a long time, paying tribute
now and then while buidling my empire, eventually allying with them 2-3 times. The wars end, I pay them for a ROP to get my troops home, they go Gracious.... and promptly sneak attack. Bah. The city they attacked later turned out to have coal in its borders. It was also my only harbor, so all my trades were broken and my reputation shot to hell. Much in the spirit of this game, I proceeded later to ambush their entire offensive army which was enroute to another civ's city and then burnt all their cities to the ground :evil:

And I so prefer to play an honorable game ...

:sad:

I like to play on world maps with correct starting positions. In my last game I played the Americans and I had the Aztecs as my neighbors. I had a huge advantage over them in techs and military but I decided that I would peacefully co-exist with them since I did not lack any resources that you usually go to war sometimes to get. When I finally did make contact with the rest of the world, I was in the lead both militarily and culturally with everyone else. I decided to play a peaceful game and go for a space race victory. Well we all got along together in fact none of the other civ’s went to war with anyone else during the entire game. I’ve never seen that happen before. But here is what irked me. Because it was so long before I made contact I was a tech behind most of them. So I had to research techs on the tree in the same age that the other AI’s had not learned yet so I would have something to trade with them. But do you think they would give me a decent trade. No way. Nearly half of them had the same tech I was trying to get and they still would not sell. I thought that the more civs’ that have a tech it becomes devalued when it comes time to trading. But I guess that was not the case this time. It is like they were all conspiring to keep the human player out of the loop. So I roughed it on my own to get the techs I needed. Towards the end of the game my only source of aluminum ran out. None of the civ’s had any to trade or sell except Greece which had one extra. This was one of the few civs that were behind me in techs. I offered him nuclear power, uranium ( I had three extra), and 1000 gold for his aluminum. Greece’s response was that was not an acceptable offer. I considered invading another civ to get the aluminum but all the sources were too deep into their territory to make that a good option. When another source of aluminum finally became available in my own territory I brought it online and had only 5 turns remaining to achieve a space race victory. On my next turn, Germany wins the space race victory. So bottom line, all the civ’s will stab you in the back. I guess I will have to stop being such a nice guy.

I have found that the Persians and russians seem to be the two civs that try to piss you off. Especially russia, since they always seem to consider themselves so superior...untill you break their back.

Once I played a Warlord game and Egypt and it's stupid queen beat me! :mad: I hate Cleopatra! I also hate Cathriene! She stabbed me in the back too! But I smoked her! :D

That's why Persian is my favorite to play! :) Immortals rules the World!!!

For Vanilla Civ 3 the Persians remain my worst opponent. They are always tough and never seem to lack for Iron. I have to have an immaculate start to even consider denying any Tribute demand before the mid Middle Ages.
Germany is usually full of it early and will Declare war from the other side of the world at the drop of a hat but if I can get a few cities built then they are beatable. Same for the other aggressive civs which for me are Japan, Zulus and Babs. They seem to vary widely for each person.
The most deflating civ would be the Greeks next door as their Hoplites virtually preclude any early war, the losses are just too murderous.
I am doing exams at the moment and won't be finished until Dec 14th. After that I will be able to get PTW. I can't wait to meet lots of new enemies. If I get it before then I might conquer the world but I'll definitely not conquer my exams.

Persians and Zulus can be a pest, Germany is often one of my best friends, but then they tend to get too powerfull,which sometimes results in a late industrial war. The Babylonians I try to keep small, he beat me in a UN-vote once ruining a great game, never again.

In this game I had Russians, Zulu's, Germans,& Persians ( and some we finished off pretty early others .)
I'm Japanese (green), the Germans are weak because they haven't had place to expand on Australia. Russians have MPP with practicly everyone, Persians in Azia, Zulu in Europe. There is a lot of tension between Zulu and Persia and I have a peacekeaping force in the Oeral-mountains ( between the two Civ's.)
You can also see 3 armies of different nations :)

This game was really fun and I played it serveral times ( as neutral, pro-Zulu and pro-Persians )

Celts are my favorite Civ now , befor It were the Japanese

the babylonians annoy me because they are always right next to me every time i have a game I'm sick of hammurubi or whatever his name is

i hate the French because they are always nice to me then they stab me in the back by forming a military alliance against me. after i gave them so much they team up on me with the russians. at least you expect it from the aggressive civs.

The damn Aztecs, always knocking on your door demanding things, waltz in and out of your land, insane deals, and quick to make war of their slightest displeasure.

In my games, I always seem to be able to push over everyone fairly easily except the Greeks, the Persians, and especially the Egyptians. The Greeks are always the first into the Middle Ages, the Egyptians religious/industrious is great, and the Persians are usually the largest military power. As soon as Germany gets panzers, they start a world war which I usually try to stay out of. I play Huge maps with 16 civs and only about 6 ever get to the Modern Age.

Top Bottom