The Most annoing ai CIV

Celts are my favorite Civ now , befor It were the Japanese
Me too! Religious and Militiristic, what a great combo!

As soon as Germany gets panzers, they start a world war which I usually try to stay out of
Why? Join the winning side (usually the germans) and try to get as many lux and res as you can. Then make peace with the civ and demand as much as you can. I love them world wars, you get to use those units you are just itching to use.

Actually, I tend to play a more cultural/scientific game and keep few offensive units. I defend my cities strongly and don't keep MMPs, so the AI rarely attacks me. And I have never seen the Germans win the world war, they always get smoked by about 5 civs who gain up on them. Since I am usually ahead in tech, I see resources before anyone else does and that is one of the few times I declare war, just to get those resources.

Persians. Trouble with your neighbors is to be expected, but the Persians will declare war on you from halfway around the world, then send a stack of half a dozen immortals, slogging through jungles and trekking over mountains, through four other civilizations, to arrive on your doorstep 40 turns later. The threat of immortals is just enough to divert half a dozen units from more important tasks for that 40-turn period. What is the point of sending your own units on a similar journey, to force Xerxes to offer 40 gold for a peace treaty? His cities are too far away to keep, if you capture them, and there are too many civilizations in between. He should pick on his neighbors. Also, the Germans and Aztecs suck.

I don't like the Iroquois.

The always say "Lets some the pipe of peace," but the minute you have your back turned, they come in with guns a blazen. They want your help, but never want to give you any. I am always trying to get myself on their good side, but I am beginning to think that it will never happen. But in my games they somehow always seem to have the better land, the better units.
They start out on grasslands and plains, I seem to get the leftovers: deserts, jungles, mountains, and tundra.

Well, I always play the Aztecs cuz I love those fast jaguar warriors (great for exploring and planning out your new empire when you need terrain/goods info the most -- at the beginning), so I don't know how they are to play against.

But as for the rest, well, the Japanese are like polite Klingons, which is cool. Xerxes is quite insane, so just tread lightly and all will be well, usually. The Greeks are great trading buddies. The Americans are dull and predictable, no problems there, either.

However, if Shaka has PMS one more time and tries to extort from me, then declares war when I tell him to die slowly, I will automatically commit civocide on zululand next game.

But then the Russians captured one of my only two cities (and my capitol, no less) very very early in my last game, so Catherine can eat peat too! :p

Most Annoying?? Well, all of them! AI for stupidity. I'm sick and tired of having to throw their stupid people out of my borders so much so that I've started going to war if I have to tell them twice.

I do sign ROP with one or two civs I would call allies but the rest can all die for what I care.

The most annoying ? Jerxes !!

with honorable mention for Shaka, Genghis, Hammurabi

I don't think I've had too much difficulty with France Germany or Russia.

I havent had the bad experiences with Rome or Greece like you mentioned but I have seen Elizabeth start something and start bribing her allies to come get you.
In a situation like that I'd start the bribes going the other way.

The most annoying have to be the French. In every game I have played with the French as an opponent, they quickly become the tech and land leader. Why is that? True they are industrious, but commercial? Their UU is worthless, but it doesn't matter because they consistently are the first with infantry and tanks.

America, because they always seem to have a different starting continent than I do and they are second to none in "stealing" wonders in the last round.

Russia and China are getting on my nerves pretty much too, Zulus are only a threat if they have a good starting location IMHO.

Zulus are always making me annoyed. They sometimes ask for troubles...like requesting my civilization to give technology or resources with force or else. But to get rid of them I'll have to go war with them first...and first to be destroyed.

I have a confession. I see myself as a level headed and open minded person, but when it comes to Civ III, my hatred for the Zulus is exposed. It must be a Rourkes Drift kind of thing.:mad:

Dead heat between Jerxes and Shaka. They are all bad tho IMO . Russia , America , and England get to me like no other though. The expansionist trait makes sure they sprawl very , very fast and run right over my land to settle on 2 sides of me if we are close together.

The new A-Hole in PTW is Mongols, they are cyco as all heck. Korea always gives me problems too . They seem to get almost a whole era ahead of everyone else techwise.

I thought with this expansion that maybe the developers could have worked out the stupidity of the AI *shrug*. How hard is it to make the AI just actually see and respect borders? I get so mad sometimes I may be getting an ulser :crazyeye: . They just dont see or respect borders at all , this irks me more than anything about the game. DOH! Stupic AI.:mad:

The most annoying have to be the French. In every game I have played with the French as an opponent, they quickly become the tech and land leader. Why is that?
Because they are the greatest diplomats in the game. I always want to keep the French alive because usually they are a reasonable people I can count on to be my ally.

Originally posted by Homie

Because they are the greatest diplomats in the game. I always want to keep the French alive because usually they are a reasonable people I can count on to be my ally.

I partly agree. I do like to keep them in the game because they are often the only civ wanting to pay me reasonable price for a newly researched tech, but they often become too powerful too handle (for me at least) around mid-industrial age.

And as they are fond of signing Mutual-Protection-Pacts they often get involved in many industrial age wars, despite of their low agressiveness rating. So they I've seen them conquer half of the map a few times now.

There really aren't that many inherent differences in temperament between the different civs. As far as I know, there's only level of aggressiveness, which ranges between 2-5. Hence, any perceived differences beyond that are probably a figment of your imagination :)

if the culturally linked starting locations feature is on it has to be india and china. these two couldbt be more annoying to me if they had to. mao acts so smug with his riders and not so smug after i come at him with stacks of samurai. india is just a waste of space on the map to begin with, they are so weak they;re annoying because they're using space i could use instead.

if the culturally linked starting locations are off i have to say the zulu, aztecs and germans in that order. the rest are mere "speedbumps" on my way to dominating the world.

the zulu hardly ever take no for an answer unless you've flexed your military might at them before a couple of times. im convinced the aztecs are simply insane. they dont seem to care how powerful you are they make demands and declare war like they have a shot of winning. persia is a bit annoying, i want to send xerxes a bomb-o-gram to get rid of him sometimes. he's a trading whore and ripoff artist.

now when i got PTW a new civ bugged the heck out of me, the mongols. this civ just doesnt know when to give up. while they dont make demands normally they wont give up if you're in a war with them. literally you have to wipe them out in order to have peace again. the first game i played with PTW i used all the new civs on purpose and i got into a war with them and even when they were down to one city...."they have refused to acknowledge our envoy!" and so i wiped them out. carthage is a tad annoying. they like to play the "gimme or i'll declare war and send a token force to get wiped out" routine. they can be hard headed about getting a peace treaty sometimes too.

koreans......what more needs to be said here? i play japan......they dont last long. and i have yet to see a hwacha made or used.

the russians bug me because of ole rubbery chubby cheeks herself. whoever did the text for her gets an A+ in my book for making her annoying as hell. her and that milky white skinned freak of nature elizabeth are the most stuck up leaders in the game.

the egyptians bug me for only ONE reason......they try to put a settler on every square that hasnt been settled already. i usually wind up going to war with them just so i can have some breathing room and expand my empire a little (a lot).

i like the babylonians but they have no backbone! ive seen them in wars only to lose 90% of the time and lose city after city. sometimes i join in just so i can get a resource or luxury. no sense in letting another civ have it since M.C. hammur is on his way out the door i dont feel bad about taking a city or two from him.

the romans bug me. war mongering idiots! they declare war on me every time for no darn god reason. "gimme a tech" "no" "no? then we're going to war" "whatever" 10 rounds later "please tokugawa, i was only joking!"/"if we werent so busy doing something else we'd wipe you out." sure sure!

the greeks are ok however.

the arabians irk me. they seem ok for the most part but even if they're weak they still want to pick a fight with someone.

the celts. they once demanded a tech from me and after telling them to go fly a kite they told me "we shall compose a death chant especially for you and perform it vigorously. you hear me? VIGOROUSLY!" i thought this was funny because they were so weak and behind in that game i took pity on them. i like their traits (same as japans) but they dont seem to be using either to their advantage.

I find the Persians and Zulus push overs in my lowbie games (warlord, any higher and i get spanked about 20 turns in :rolleyes: ) Im a culture builder and I end up flipping their cities.

Culture flipped the Zulus down to just their capital, no resources and no trade route available, pillaged the roads that connected me to them (they were land locked with me ringing them). Ended up taking them out about 15 turns later. Lost the game though, but first time I ever took a civ out like that :D

Persia was easy for me in a recent game also. He declared war on me, I pillaged his road to his iron (no more immortals) and to his horses. Captured workers when he sent them out to rebuild the roads and threw everything but a few units at his capital. Captured it, starved the pop down while building a temple and garrisoned about 10 units in it. Culture flipped the next city, captured one more and he was left with just an island nation. City was on the only available land tile, couldnt figure out how to attack it, so I left him alone. Lost that game also, when the Iroquouis attacked me from the opposite side and I wasnt paying close attention. :rolleyes:

I hate Inida! Gandi keeps winning diplo victories!

Top Bottom