The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

The biggest backstabbing in history is occurring at this point. I funneled Daft tech and gave him systems in joint wars against aggressors. Yet he piled fleets on my borders, taking advantage of the fact that most of my ships are in Zoom's former territory. Now I'm facing twice the number of ships that I have at this point.

But I'll be out of town for a few days starting Wednesday, so I suppose it's for the best... or not. Bring it, Daft. I'm basically a massive kamikaze at this point.

Alas, such is the way of Neptune's Pride. I had hoped that my aggression against Benefactor would give Daft the impetus to attack with us. I am impressed by the deception, I did not expect him to side with Benefactor, of all people. I was confident in my ability to kill off Terrance provided that Daft and Starlife were finishing off Benefactor, but if Daft, Benny and Chuck are truly cooperating, then Tau Marfark is basically over except for the bleeding. :p

I would've been more impressed had he attacked yesterday, or the day before. He gave me way too much time to get ships near the systems his concentrations were (are) threatening. I think he sat on the decision for a bit too long. :p

I was truly on the fence whether to go against Jandor and try to claw myself an advantage or go against Iggy and stop him from winning again, but Daft's reasoning skills are what brought me across the fence. Then I had to help Benefactor convince him to jump it as well.

Your betrayals are childs play. Witness the beauty of 12-player games.

Mannnn I can't wait for another 12-player game. That was the first game I played with you guys, when Abaddon introduced me. That was such a memorable game!

I'm only 15 credits away from 50 at this point - I would definitely host a 12P once I've got 'em.

Funny, I'd assumed it was you, Terrance, who was the ringleader here.

At any rate, I'm quite okay with Daft winning, he played all of his cards right from a disadvantageous start. I have to cross him off my 'always trustworthy' list though (;)).

Mannnn I can't wait for another 12-player game. That was the first game I played with you guys, when Abaddon introduced me. That was such a memorable game!

I'm only 15 credits away from 50 at this point - I would definitely host a 12P once I've got 'em.

Yeah another 12 player game might be enough to get me to begin playing again! I reminisce about that particular game occasionally myself. Mostly to wonder how the game would've finished had I continued to work with Aiken and if he actually resumed playing. :lol:

The stats are mind-blowing.

Maybe why we shouldn't play NP with fellow NESers....

The biggest backstabbing in history is occurring at this point. I funneled Daft tech and gave him systems in joint wars against aggressors. Yet he piled fleets on my borders, taking advantage of the fact that most of my ships are in Zoom's former territory. Now I'm facing twice the number of ships that I have at this point.

But I'll be out of town for a few days starting Wednesday, so I suppose it's for the best... or not. Bring it, Daft. I'm basically a massive kamikaze at this point.

I feel the pain. We all spent a lot of time on this. But it wasn't premeditated. My relations with Jandor have been tense all game, and I wasn't being fake earlier.

Imagine my situation, you've played quite a few games and played mostly honourably. And you finish maybe 2nd once or twice... Now here I am a major power with the biggest fleet. If I fight Jandor, Iggy wins. If I fight you... I can see only one possible way to establish a leading position (sans double karmic backstab by Benefactor and Terrance), and that is to take over a chunk of stars from you quickly.

I was truly on the fence whether to go against Jandor and try to claw myself an advantage or go against Iggy and stop him from winning again, but Daft's reasoning skills are what brought me across the fence. Then I had to help Benefactor convince him to jump it as well.

I would say Terrance is the ringleader :) I wasn't expecting to find myself in an alliance with Jandor and Terrance. I wouldn't be surprised if things turn into a free-for-all now.

Your betrayals are childs play. Witness the beauty of 12-player games. ;)

Man, I forgot how intense that became! I'm a major power in our current game with almost 1000 ships and weapons tech 8 and 30 stars... Biggest fleet about 120 ships... Compare to this:

Daftpanzer said:
Maybe why we shouldn't play NP with fellow NESers....

I mean, I don't get this, really. The whole point of NP is backstabbing. You need 89 stars to win. There's no way around that. So, either you play with NESers who can take it, or you don't play at all. I'd say we had a pretty fun game, all in all.

And yeah, this is Iggy's fault. He told me Daft never betrays. :p Anyway, post updates while I'm out of town. I want to see who actually wins this.

Well, I really didn't think that Daft would backstab. My main battle plans hinged on him, and the hinge's absence caused our metaphorical doorway of alliance to fall down as soon as it was kicked... by the metaphorical boot of our enemies, who the hinge had joined in a cleverly-timed double-cross.

I approached Terrance for an alliance quite a while ago, he suggested to me that we try and bring Daftpanzer on board. My initial plan before that was to attack Daftpanzer in an attempt to save Zoomm11.
The stupidity of that plan was made clear to me, Daftpanzer is a much better ally.

Even after an alliance was agreed it was still tense for a while. Me and Daft had been staring over the border, fleets ready to go, most of the game.

My futile attempts to help Zoomm11 did reward me with 550 credits though. He sent them to me as his Empire fell apart :) .

Well, I really didn't think that Daft would backstab. My main battle plans hinged on him, and the hinge's absence caused our metaphorical doorway of alliance to fall down as soon as it was kicked... by the metaphorical boot of our enemies, who the hinge had joined in a cleverly-timed double-cross.

I never asked you guys to attack Jandor, nor did we plan out a strategy. I merely said I was worried about him. I couldn't even see anything in my scan range, except what looked like a probe towards Jandor's northernmost star. The last I heard, you had another target in mind!

That said, I think Iggy's roleplay as SeLf_() is great fun and is probably the best approach to take to games of NP. So that things don't get too personal !!!

The new theme of the Daftpanzeristan Dictatorate, I have ordered all dreadnaughts to play this music on full volume during invasion operations.

Link to video.

Resistance would be impolite; Please wait to be assimilated.

Daftpanzer said:
I never asked you guys to attack Jandor, nor did we plan out a strategy. I merely said I was worried about him. I couldn't even see anything in my scan range, except what looked like a probe towards Jandor's northernmost star. The last I heard, you had another target in mind!

I never attacked Jandor. After defeating Zoomm (who attacked me), I was sitting pretty, and enjoying the only day in our entire game in which I did not have to be at war. And I didn't start any of those wars. I think I win the survivalist award, if anything.

Top Bottom